Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 2, 2011 20:28

Hello!
Got around doing this sooner than expected.
Tracks:

01.Mercy,Mercy
02.She Said Yeah
03.Play With Fire
04.The Spider And The Fly
05.I'm All Right
06.Time Is On My Side
07.Roll Over Beethoven
08.Everybody Needs Somebody To Love>
09.Pain In My Heart
10.Under My Thumb>
11.I'm Free
12.Satisfaction
13.Honky Tonk Women

Info from Schwarzbuch 1987:

01-06 from Paris March 29th, 1966
07 from European Tour 1970, not Berlin, Milan or Essen
08-09 from Manchester March 7th, 1965
10-13 from November 28th, 1969 second show

tracks 08-11 are official stuff and NOT included in this post!

Lineage:
TMOQ vinyl bootleg>RegaP3 with Ortofon "Tango" moving coil system>Tascam CD RW-402 Recorder cd-r>Wav file with NERO 7>Flac Frontend Flac level 7
I have included what I think are Flac fingerprints, not too sure though, see here:
[www.iorr.org]

Additional info:
01-06 Paris 29.3.66 is meant to be from the second show
10-13 I think these are from Nov. 27th, 1969

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-20 21:14 by Rank Stranger.

Re: "Play With Fire" TMOQ Vinyl rip
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 2, 2011 20:58

Thank you for sharing your vinyl stranger

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 2, 2011 21:43

Thanks indeed, nice of you to share

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: June 2, 2011 22:35

Look nice. Thanks HJ

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: June 2, 2011 22:39

Das ist ja mal ein Einstand! Mehr davon drinking smiley
Thank you very much!

Date: June 2, 2011 23:21

Rolling on
Thank you very much!

Einstand??? Nimm noch 'nen Schluck aus der Pulle und schau mal ganz genau hier hin:
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

usw...winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-02 23:38 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 2, 2011 23:47

btw, track 8+9 are from Got Live If You Want It and track 10+11 are from Ready Steady Go and full playback of the album tracks.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 3, 2011 00:07

Thanks for the vinyl rip in flac files Rank Stranger!

Date: June 3, 2011 01:53

Rank Stranger
Rolling on
Thank you very much!

Einstand??? Nimm noch 'nen Schluck aus der Pulle...

Hast recht. Feier gerade meinen 45igen. Das mit dem Schluck habe ich aber befolgt...

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: June 3, 2011 09:43

Thanks very much.Something to make the days bit brighter.It`s so sad Hunger City is still down,we lost our special little place.But i can see all of the friends are here.
Cheers to everyone from HC
Captain

Date: June 3, 2011 09:46

@Rank Stranger, a person, "acapulcogold" has uploaded a self-made remaster of your Essen recording on DIME. Allthough I'm downloading it myself, I do not have an "upload account", so I won't be posting it here on IORR.
But maybe somebody else can put it up for you, here?
If nobody does, I could send you a copy per snail-mail.

parts of the info file reads:

The Rolling Stones - "You Will Meet A Tall Rank Stranger"
October, 10th, 1973, Essen, Germany, Grugahalle
Remastered Audience Recording, (A Group/Personal Project)
Lineage: "Essen, 10-10-1973, Rank Stranger's Tape", (Voodoo Jungle Records), Master > Digital Transfer > Nero > Flac > Torrent > Download > HD > TLH, Decode > WAV > Remaster > Flac (Level.8, Align On SBE'S).
Label: N/A
Original Taper: Rank Stranger

Contrast Clause:

- This particular release has different lineage than the version posted below:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

This particular release is a fan made/no label remaster of the bands performance in Essen, Germany, on October, 10th, 1973, it is different from the version posted below:

- The version located here: [www.dimeadozen.org] is the raw, unremastered version of the bands performance in Essen, Germany, on Oct, 10th, 1973, OUR VERSION HAS BEEN REMASTERED.

- This particular release has a different title than the version posted below:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

- This particular release is from a different label than the version posted below:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

This is A Group/Personal Project by "Those Guys That Are So 20th Century", The 7th Son, Joel, Mike, Grendel, and Acapulco Gold.

We hope that who ever picks this up will enjoy this, and will pass it along and share it with others.

This is not meant to be a "Definitive" edition.

Cheers and thanks go out to:

- The taper "Rank Stranger" for taping and sharing your recording with everyone in the community. If you're out there, and happen to pick this up, we hope that you'll enjoy the work that we've done.

- Thanks also go out Watchit and Boutsko for their involvement in sharing this recording with everyone in the community, if either of you pick this recording up, we hope that you'll enjoy the work we've done on it.

Dedicated to "Rank Stranger", "Watchit", "Boutsko", and to everyone that requested a Stones project from us.

1) Brown Sugar
2) Gimmie Shelter
3) Happy
4) Tumbling Dice
5) Star @#$%&/Star Star
6) Dancing With Mr.D
7) Angie
8) You Can't Always Get What You Want (Small Tape Cut At End Of Song Due To Tape Flip)
9) Midnight Rambler (Cuts In Slightly)
10) Honky Tonk Women
11) All Down The Line
12) Rip This Joint
13) Jumping Jack Flash
14) Street Fighting Man

Enjoy!

Please Do Not Convert To Lossy Formats
Please Do Not Sell
Please Share With Others

Notes:

Rank Strangers Original notes:

Hello!

Here's my recording of this show, this version has not been posted before, I only sent a couple of cassettes around in the seventies.
Recorded from the middle of the Grugahalle with a cheap cassette-recorder, this is the complete show, the only gap occurs between YCAGWYW and MR when the cassette was turned over.
Transfer to digital was done by Watchit. He combined my recording with the too few tracks of excellent quality from the vinyl bootleg, the version posted here is a straight transfer of my cassette.

Posted on iorr by Rank Stranger
in september 2009.

This is another request my friends and I have recieved from fellow Dime members, we hope that everyone who requested a Stones remaster will enjoy the work we've done.

This is our first attempt at remastering a Stones recording, something we've wanted to do for a long time, but have had a hard time finding the right one to work on.

Since this is our first attempt at remastering a Stones recording, we thought the best thing to do was just do a straight remaster of a tape source/recording instead of doing something like a merge or a matrix which would require multiple sources (something we don't have at our disposal) and an understanding of Stones bootlegs (something we don't fully possess), and just see how it goes (the response towards it).

I don't know very much about the history of this recording or Stones recordings in general, but from what I've gathered from the notes posted in the original unremastered torrent, this recording is one of 2 known tape sources in circulation, one was pressed to vinyl, and there's this source (which was transferred from the tapers cassettes).

I'm guessing that this recording is the 2nd tape source because the vinyl would of course pre-date a source that was a direct transfer from a tapers cassettes to a torrent, but if I'm wrong about the sources, I'll gladly fix the information.

I don't know what the vinyl LP source of this show sounds like, but this source is a very good audience recording (even though the taper says it was done on a cheap tape recorder) that sounds like it was taped fairly close to the stage, and is almost a complete recording (it's just missing a small portion of crowd cheers after the band finish performing "You Can't Always Get What You Want").

I've tried to get the lineage of this recording down as clearly as possible, I apologize if any of it is wrong, I personally found the raw recording lineage to be a little vague.

From what I've gathered from the information that was posted in the original textfile, the taper (Rank Stranger) gave someone his master to transfer digitally (Watchit).

The tape was converted to digital format, and was converted to Flac files using Nero and then made into a torrent.

So I understand the original lineage to be this:

Master > Digital Transfer > Nero > Flac > Torrent.

The guitars and vocals are the most dominant in the mix, it's lacking a bit in low end, drum fills, and venue presence.

So the goals of this project were to:

- Add all the things the raw recording was missing (low end, drum fills, and give the recording a sense of ambience and venue presence).

- Balance the instruments as much as possible.

- Bring out all of the things that might be hidden in the recording (crowd cheers, clapping, commentary, etc).

- We've given the project a gentle volume boost, we hope it's loud enough for everyone here.

The title is an homage to the taper "Rank Stranger".

Hope everyone here will enjoy this.

Cheers!

Date: June 3, 2011 18:54

I could post it here if it will help
I have a Fileserve or Mega account

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 3, 2011 19:05

Thanks for the vinylrip!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-03 19:06 by Britney.

Date: June 3, 2011 19:11

@MunichHilton; Please do, mate

I would be happy to send Rank Stranger a CDR copy, but.....I guess there's a lot of people here without any DIME account who would be interested, as well

I find the "remaster" to be really well done. Of course ALL remasters steal away some of the life of the recording - but in some cases; the better sides of it makes up for the negative sides of it (sorry, I'm not English speaking). In this case.....I find the "remaster" to be a better listen, myself.

BTW - this is a terrific concert; not as good as wonderful performance - not as good as Brussels, Antwerpen or Berlin, at all - but really a change to the Scandinavian concerts - as well as Hamburg. Like when the plot makes a new direction in books. So yes, please put this recording up on IORR, if you have the time. Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-03 19:12 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 3, 2011 21:09

Rolling on
Rank Stranger
Rolling on
Thank you very much!

Hast recht. Feier gerade meinen 45igen. Das mit dem Schluck habe ich aber befolgt...
Na dann, herzlichen Glückwunsch!!
Tut mir im nachhinein etwas leid wegen der vielen Links, kam nicht ganz so augenzwinkernt rüber, ich wollte eigentlich nicht so auf den Pudding hauen!

Date: June 3, 2011 21:22

Hi Erik!
Thanks for your offer!
I don't know the uploader either; but "Acapulco Gold" is a fine user-name, maybe he will upload some Quicksilver Messenger service stuff in the future?
You can tell he doesn't know me, otherwise he would not call me "tall"!
The question is, why didn't he contact me or watchit?
He should have tried to get the original cassette!
Don't think he's a hard-core Stones fan, as he hasn't got the vinyl!
Still I'm curious what it sounds like; I will send you a private e-mail.
Thanks in advance!!

Date: June 3, 2011 22:51

Rank Stranger
Rolling on
Rank Stranger
Rolling on
Thank you very much!

Na dann, herzlichen Glückwunsch!!
Tut mir im nachhinein etwas leid wegen der vielen Links, kam nicht ganz so augenzwinkernt rüber, ich wollte eigentlich nicht so auf den Pudding hauen!

Kein Problem. Weizenbier und die PC Tastatur vertragen sich halt manchmal nicht gut. Vielen Dank nochmals für den upload!

Date: June 4, 2011 01:23

Its uploading now.
Its says 2 hours to go

I will start a new thread with the link....

Date: June 4, 2011 03:08

Date: June 4, 2011 05:54

Rank Stranger
Hi Erik!
Thanks for your offer!
I don't know the uploader either; but "Acapulco Gold" is a fine user-name, maybe he will upload some Quicksilver Messenger service stuff in the future?
You can tell he doesn't know me, otherwise he would not call me "tall"!
The question is, why didn't he contact me or watchit?
He should have tried to get the original cassette!
Don't think he's a hard-core Stones fan, as he hasn't got the vinyl!
Still I'm curious what it sounds like; I will send you a private e-mail.
Thanks in advance!!

Hi Hans Jo, no this guy is not a hard-core Stones fan, he mainly "remaster" and combine Led Zeppelin recordings on DIME. But he obviously likes the "Taylor era"

I see that Munichhilton has kindly put the Essen recording up on "fileserve". Then I won't be sending you a copy, even though that wouldn't be any problem at all. (thanks, Munichhilton)

Date: June 4, 2011 12:55

The same Paris tracks appear on side 2 of this vinyl bootleg:

Date: June 4, 2011 14:39

Britney
The same Paris tracks appear on side 2 of this vinyl bootleg:

But not as good quality, as "contra band" copied the Play With Fire release (I have the contra band vinyl)

Date: June 4, 2011 15:27

Erik_Snow
But not as good quality, as "contra band" copied the Play With Fire release (I have the contra band vinyl)

In that case we can assume the Play With Fire LP is the first and best source available.

Do you if the take of Memo From Turner on the Lord Have Mercy LP really is unique to that release or has it surfaced on other bootlegs?

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: June 4, 2011 16:20

Britney
Erik_Snow

In that case we can assume the Play With Fire LP is the first and best source available.

Do you if the take of Memo From Turner on the Lord Have Mercy LP really is unique to that release or has it surfaced on other bootlegs?

I bet it is the same take as found on On the Rocks (Scorpio)

Date: June 4, 2011 19:51

That "Memo From Turner" version on "Lord Have Mercy" sure sounds well let's say strange?
I haven't seen it on other boots, but then again, I don't have that much bootlegs.
Shall I rip "MFT" from the vinyl and post it?

Date: June 4, 2011 20:58

Rank Stranger
That "Memo From Turner" version on "Lord Have Mercy" sure sounds well let's say strange?
I haven't seen it on other boots, but then again, I don't have that much bootlegs.

Here's Memo From Turner from 'On The Rocks'

[www.sendspace.com]

Please let us know how it compares with the Lord Have Mercy version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-04 21:14 by Britney.

Date: June 5, 2011 12:23

Thanks Britney!
"Lord Have Mercy" version sounds different!
Maybe you would like to put your post into here:
[www.iorr.org]

so that maybe we can collect all MFT bootleg versions there?

Now about that "Roll Over Beethoven" version...
I'd like to know where that's from.
Probably will have to spend the whole Sunday comparing to the 1970 bootlegs...

Date: June 5, 2011 13:17

...it's from Paris, Sept. 22nd

Date: June 5, 2011 17:33

Rank Stranger
...it's from Paris, Sept. 22nd
Another mystery solved.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 5, 2011 18:45

Britney
Rank Stranger

Here's Memo From Turner from 'On The Rocks'

[www.sendspace.com]

Please let us know how it compares with the Lord Have Mercy version.

The version on Lord Have Mercy is NOT the rare version III from On The Rocks (track 6).
It's a demo version of Mick's solo version (for Performance), which is also available on several CDs, e. g. it's also on On The Rocks, but it is track 5. Or on the Black Box (Yellow Dog), disc 2, track 15. So it's not that rare anymore today as it was back then when D. Hoffmann wrote the Schwarzbuch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-05 18:46 by midnrambler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home