Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

More "amazing" releases from WLR records!
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 20, 2011 15:59

NOT!

Re: More "amazing" releases from WLR records!
Posted by: gtx8834 ()
Date: May 20, 2011 16:04

hope some one can post these to sets it would be lovely please ty

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: May 20, 2011 17:36

Amazing ?????
The most terrible releases !

Date: May 20, 2011 17:51

but still love to have

Date: May 20, 2011 19:15

where can you get this from?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:36

Keessie
Amazing ?????

surely was meant ironic ;-)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2011 20:04

"Amazing" indeed. And I betcha some of it is pressed from mp3 files gleaned for free from the Net... eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-20 20:05 by dcba.

Date: May 20, 2011 20:30

falo01
Keessie
Amazing ?????

thumbs up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 20, 2011 20:50

Yeah these are stinking releases, yet I'm somehow surprised that Jeppe chose to make this headline.
WLR releases products that needs to be purchased or downloaded. Thanks to midnrambler, some of the people will avoid the WLR releases.

Yes these releases sucks.
But who gives a toss. If somebody pays for them; maybe they have great pleasure of listening to them. Not everynody is into the torrent/downloading world

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-21 09:09 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: May 20, 2011 21:19

Erik, think the Truth is somewhere in between. I don't collect stuff like this anymore because of financal reasons but it sure looks good to have all this cd-sets standing in a Living room, surely better than a battery of hard-discs or even worse some self-done cdrs in cheap jewel-cases. Personally i think not too many People listens to stuff like this. We had it all for ages, haven't we?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-20 21:20 by silkcut1978_.

Date: May 20, 2011 21:38

That's True, Thomas - even me who don't care much about their 90s tours - have had this stuff for ages. If people like having these boxes in their living room, then I don't blame them. Rolling Stones are a fantastic band to "collect" ROIO recordings of. Who cares about what format people like having their reording on? Tapes, silvers, FLAC-files, whatever.

I only rejected to "jumpin'jeppe"'s headline, which I thought was quite un-original and posting-wise-style

Date: May 20, 2011 22:09

i have some wlr cds i like them

Date: May 20, 2011 22:10

Erik_Snow
Yeah these are stinking releases, yet I'm somehow surprised that Jeppe chose to make this headline. as he's no Kurt, in any way. Thought these kind of releases were made for people like Jeppe. People that don't ever listen closely nor put any personal opinion into anything., and only cares about "posting new releases" no matter what they contain. Your sarcastic tone is lost over here, I must say. And quite honestly it seems somewhat forced and pathetic to me.

WLR releases products that needs to be purchased or downloaded. Thanks to midnrambler, some of the people will avoid the WLR releases.

Yes these releases sucks.
But who gives a toss. If somebody pays for them; maybe they have great pleasure of listening to them. Not everynody is into the torrent/downloading world

"Thought these kind of releases were made for people like Jeppe. People that don't ever listen closely nor put any personal opinion into anything., and only cares about "posting new releases" no matter what they contain"

Ehh, ok and what the hell do you know about that idiot? Have i done you something or maybe you are the producer behind these releases since you are reacting the way you do? Shut up and don´t accuse me regarding things you don´t know anything about.

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: May 20, 2011 22:23

In some ways it just seems 'trendy' to me to knock EVERY ONE of these boxes. Sure- some/most have pressing errors on a couple of the discs, but the proportion that don't outweighs them. When I was scoring through dusty racks at record fairs all those years ago- I'd have been over the moon to find boots like this. For beginners especially they offer a pretty good over-view of certain tours/periods. It doesn't matter if they're copied from other boots- who cares?. Some people STILL like to have factory-pressed boots, not some faceless cdr that'll probably disintegrate in a year or 2. Making these sets is pretty audacious & the latest official singles box even has a few mastering errors, eg: a skip 4 seconds into 'I Think I'm Going Mad'. I'm not saying these are great releases, but I don't think they're as bad as some people make out. Also- let's not forget that even when vinyl boots were the only option, a great percentage were utter crap- running at the wrong speed etc..Let's ALSO not forget that NONE of us 'own' this stuff- no boot company is better than any other when it comes to the law. There's no honour amongst thieves afterall...:-).
I completely agree that everyone is different- some like downloading, others don't (or aren't 'PC-savy') & collect the Stones music in whatever way they want. That's cool- hey!- at least they're all into the Stones music. There's also a HUGE difference in the ages of the band's fans, so stuff many may think is 'old hat' is maybe still new to younger fans (?).
"Vive La Boot"!!! :-)))

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-21 01:15 by MrsHop.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: May 20, 2011 23:42

falo01
Keessie
Amazing ?????

No ! i mean it thumbs down

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2011 00:02

If you're rich enough, after buying ALL the Stones-related boxes maybe you can get this one...
[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 21, 2011 09:33

Keessie
falo01
Keessie
Amazing ?????

No ! i mean it thumbs down

of course, keessie, I do too.
I was referring to JumpinJeppeFlash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-21 09:35 by falo01.

Date: May 21, 2011 09:37

"Shut up and don´t accuse me regarding things you don´t know anything about."

Right you are. I mixed you up with a different poster, sorry about that.

Date: May 21, 2011 14:34

MrsHop
In some ways it just seems 'trendy' to me to knock EVERY ONE of these boxes.

Indeed it does. That was my reason for my "too harsh words" yesterday - as it's such a silly and un-original statement by the thread-starter here. It shows a lack of personality and a wish to be trendy.

Always love your posts; mr. Doolittle, couldn't agree more about nearly all of them, I gotta say.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 22, 2011 19:42

Erik_Snow
Thanks to midnrambler, some of the people will avoid the WLR releases.

>grinning smiley<

PS. Can anybody decipher the numbers of these boxes? (Just need it for my list.)

Another one (OT):

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-22 20:53 by midnrambler.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 22, 2011 21:32

No Security is 2156 and MJ Solo Works is 2155.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: June 3, 2011 17:23

No Security Box: I think: Disc 1/2 copie of VGP 215, Disc 3/4 DL 089/90, Disc 5/6 DL 091/92, Disc 7/8 PH 003.15.990, Disc 9/10 - i cannot find the original, i think the first time on silver (Charlotte, March 20, 1999), Disc 11/12 DAC 006, Disc 13/14 Morph 12

Date: June 3, 2011 19:11

does any one have to post them

Date: June 3, 2011 19:13

gtx8834
does any one have to post them

No. Not anyone has to post them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home