Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards-Breakin` & Tell Me What You Wanna Hear PITCH Corrected & Remastered By Captain Acid
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: February 19, 2011 11:07

Here is something i wanted to do for years.Here you have 2 boots on Keith`s first solo album.They were running too fast and had some EQ issues.So i fixed pitch and did some Equalization and very gently compression at -18db.My remastering philosophy is"do not overdo it".No brick-wall.
Now you can enjoy in music on those 2 albums.Before it was not possible at least for me.
Captain Acid

Keith Richards - Breakin`
[www.megaupload.com]

Keith Richards - Tell Me What You Wanna Hear
[www.megaupload.com]

Re: Keith Richards-Breakin` & Tell Me What You Wanna Hear PITCH Corrected & Remastered By Captain Acid
Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 19, 2011 11:28

At least,Belgrade is sounding bloody nice,what programs did you use?

I´m myself very analog person,sometimes i need audacity to fix speed problems and take horrible hiss off.Then i take recording to my remastering "section"

would you be interested fixin couple of 78 shows and one 89 show?

Re: Keith Richards-Breakin` & Tell Me What You Wanna Hear PITCH Corrected & Remastered By Captain Acid
Date: February 19, 2011 12:02

Hi Marko,i use nothing fancy.I work at home,on my PC.I use Soundforge with Waves plug in`s.I would like to have studio with analog hardware,but i just do it mostly for myself and some friends.In the end your ears are most important tool.
I think this remastering business, that record industry is flooding us with is horrible.They just pump everything up.For me louder is not necessary better.And noise reduction is another story,i just hate it,it`s killing music,they are over-using it.Like on some of those Legacy Deluxe editions.Allman Brothers Band Live At Fillmore East and Eric Clapton`s first solo in Deluxe edition comes to my mind.
Yes i can fix something up,if it`s not too much.I don`t have much time.But we can start with one show.Which one would you like?Maybe i have it.

Date: February 19, 2011 12:21

Well,i have 3 versions of Lakeland-78,one is directly from audiotape,runs too fast,i can fix it no problem,but me and many others would surely like to hear remastered version Atlanta-78,i´ve done something for it in the past,but then there was no programs to fix problems.

Lakeland is almost ready,i still have to slow it down about 2%,7% from the "original" speed.I got this in a trade sometime mid 1990ies.

Also,the final Atlantic City-89 needs something to work on,i can fix this,as i do have lot of time.

So,maybe Atlanta-78 would be best choice for you?

You can email me,so we could swap links,if needed.

And i agree,louder doesn´t mean better,many boots(VGP) among others,bootlegs are just recorded too LOUD,which usually means bad hiss on the recordings.

Date: February 19, 2011 19:14

Hey Marko
give me the links for Atlanta 78 and i`ll see if i can make it any better.

Date: February 19, 2011 19:31

yes,will do that tomorrow!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 19, 2011 19:53

smileys with beer
CaptainAcid
Here is something i wanted to do for years.Here you have 2 boots on Keith`s first solo album.They were running too fast and had some EQ issues.So i fixed pitch and did some Equalization and very gently compression at -18db.My remastering philosophy is"do not overdo it".No brick-wall.
Now you can enjoy in music on those 2 albums.Before it was not possible at least for me.
Captain Acid

Keith Richards - Breakin`
[www.megaupload.com]

Keith Richards - Tell Me What You Wanna Hear
[www.megaupload.com]

thumbs up smileys with beer many thanks!

Date: February 19, 2011 19:56

...you can do that for Richards "Honeymoon Tapes" too??!!
Oh Lord!cool smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 19, 2011 23:10

Thanks

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 20, 2011 19:27

Thanks CaptainAcid!
thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 20, 2011 19:34

KRiffhard
...you can do that for Richards "Honeymoon Tapes" too??!!
Oh Lord!cool smiley

I second that remaster request! It needs some upgrade to make it more listenable and enjoyable!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 20, 2011 22:11

I had done a pitch correction on Breakin' but not remastered it.
Good job CA!

Date: February 21, 2011 08:41

Hey Munichhilton
i`m glad you like it.I think it was you that reminded me of that pitch problem,sometime ago, on this forum.And once it was in computer i did some eq-ing.Now you can actually listen to it and enjoy.
There are some same songs on those 2 boots.I will use the best versions for my upcoming "Even Some More, Sure The One You Need".
Now,considering that project at the moment i have 3 cd`s.I started thinking,it`s gonna be 2 but ended with 3.That is one of the reasons why it took me longer than i have promised.It is almost finished.I have to listen for another week and make the artwork,but i think i shall unleash them in march.
As for requests for "Honeymoon Tapes",i did remaster it years ago,but i was not happy with it.It was in time when i was just beginning to remaster things and like every rookie, i overdid some things.
But maybe i can try again,just don`t expect much,original recording is,what it is,as you know.
Captain Acid

Date: February 21, 2011 23:21

...apart from the sound quality, i think Breakin' is a great song and it's a it 's a real shame that was not published, as "You got it made".

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 23, 2011 19:43

great remaster work! Thank youthumbs up

Date: September 4, 2011 15:03

O.K. while we are waiting for DAC-118 to be uploaded and in case someone has missed this,here you are

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 4, 2011 20:25

I would not be surprised if DAC had taken it from here...

Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: September 5, 2011 20:41

Honeymoon Tapes. Brilliant idea! But I don't think anything can be done to make them more listenable sad smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 7, 2011 18:34

"I don't think anything can be done to make them more listenable"
One still can boost the treble cut off some of the hiss and most of all speed-correct the recording.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home