Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
DVD Mick Jagger - Auckland, New Zealand, Western Springs Stadium, 5 November, 1988
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 13, 2011 22:21

I see Keessie has an audio of this concert - I have a long shot video of it I see. I will transfer it to DVD and report in, if nothing else the audio may be good. It was Guy Fawkes night as I recall so there will be firecrackers going off (I was at a house over the fence from the concert this night)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-13 22:30 by midimannz.

Re: DVD Mick Jagger - Auckland, New Zealand, Western Springs Stadium, 5 November, 1988
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: January 14, 2011 00:25

remember remember the 5th of november ;-)

Re: DVD Mick Jagger - Auckland, New Zealand, Western Springs Stadium, 5 November, 1988
Posted by: SeanC ()
Date: January 14, 2011 00:25

yes please!!! Looking forward to this as a fellow kiwi!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 14, 2011 01:00

thumbs up...I look forward too...Thanks in advance, Eddie

Date: January 14, 2011 01:43

I Will transfer from Video to dvd later and probably up a avi sample to mega to see if you think its worth a full upload of it.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 14, 2011 01:43

Oh man this was one wild night with all the crackers going off, great bus trip...and this was his last major outdoor gig as a solo artist, i think it was a 50k+ crowd but who knows

Date: January 14, 2011 05:48

The video is VERY long distance, figures are small and distorted, not of any value I believe - BUT, the sound I think is quite good - considering its long way away in a stadium bowl. Is there a audio out there of the whole show I can compare?

[www.iorr.org]

Found it - I'll download and see who's sound quality is better and report in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-14 05:50 by midimannz.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 14, 2011 09:18

From my point of view any footage of that night is worthy

Date: January 15, 2011 02:37

Uploaded 12 meg video sample for video & sound comments from anyone who may be interested in an upload of the FULL DVD and an Audio rip. I know there's a show out there, I'm not entirely sure my sound quality is any better, if anything the drums on mine are quieter
Audio and video will be up soon

sample
[www.megaupload.com]

or 211 meg avi file
[www.megaupload.com]

MP3 format 156 meg (One file) 160Kbps
[www.megaupload.com]

DVD (put all of these into one directory)
VIDEO_TS.BUP 12KB [www.megaupload.com]
VIDEO_TS.IFO 12KB [www.megaupload.com]
VIDEO_TS.VOB 46KB [www.megaupload.com]
VTS_01_0.BUP 48KB [www.megaupload.com]
VTS_01_0.IFO 48KB [www.megaupload.com]
VTS_01_1.VOB 1,048,574KB [www.megaupload.com]
VTS_01_2.VOB 1,048,574KB [www.megaupload.com]
VTS_01_3.VOB 1,048,574KB [www.megaupload.com]
VTS_01_4.VOB 169,146KB [www.megaupload.com]

1st five DVD files above also in a zip for easy access
[www.megaupload.com]

p.s
I have learned a newfound respect for the uploaders here who have put up so many DVD's for us to enjoy. Wow - four hours each per 1 meg file to upload to Megaupload!

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-18 02:50 by midimannz.

Date: January 16, 2011 01:25

Completed all I can do with this one. I would advise you to Check the sample BEFORE you download.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 16, 2011 02:06

Hi midi, thanks for all your efforts in sharing and uploading what you have got!

Please have a look at the following links:

Nombre del archivo: VTS_01_4.mp4
Archive: Mick Jagger Western Springs 5 Nov 1988 Sample
Size: 12.43 MB

VIDEO_TS.IFO 12KB [www.megaupload.com]
VIDEO_TS.BUP

VTS_01_0.IFO 48KB [www.megaupload.com]
VTS_01_0.BUP

I think you maybe did some crossover.
Anyway I think the file names between .BUP and .IFO can be changed as they are the same, but I'm not an expert at all.

Thanks again midi!
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-16 02:09 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:04

yes, BUP & IFO are the same files and can be renamed in case someone is missing or has errors. BUP means "backup" for IFO.

Date: January 16, 2011 03:14

Thanks for the answer falo!

Date: January 16, 2011 09:26

Nombre del archivo: VTS_01_4.mp4
Archive: Mick Jagger Western Springs 5 Nov 1988 Sample
Size: 12.43 MB

The mp4 can be played with Quicktime. I was unable to get a 'sample' from the DVD as I don't know how to get DVD Fab to produce and avi file with sound. i had many attempts before I chose this other option.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 16, 2011 12:25

Thanks for another major contribution!

Posted by: jimjamaica ()
Date: January 16, 2011 13:40

many thanks, great sound, hear all instruments

reelinĀ“& rockinĀ“

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 16, 2011 14:26

oops, I should have read the thread...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-16 14:56 by midnrambler.

Date: January 16, 2011 14:30

Sorry for being confused...the talk of files being the same has left me wondering if I have to re-name any files or alter anything at all...does anyone know if that's the case or is it O.K. to just download and burn ? Thanks for any advice on this, Eddie

Date: January 16, 2011 14:41

EddieByword
Sorry for being confused...the talk of files being the same has left me wondering if I have to re-name any files or alter anything at all...does anyone know if that's the case or is it O.K. to just download and burn ? Thanks for any advice on this, Eddie

Download all except the two .IFO files (because they are no .IFO files). Then copy the two .BUP files and rename them to .IFO (but keep the .BUP files also). Then burn to DVD. That should work.

PS. If you want to spend a little more time you can reauthor the DVD and set the chapter marks to the beginning of each song. This one has fixed chapter marks every x minutes from a stand alone DVD recorder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-16 14:44 by midnrambler.

Date: January 16, 2011 14:49

Ok Midnrambler, I think I've got that, thanks alot, Eddie....(I'm guessing...copy the BUPs to another folder, change the name and then move them into the 'burn' folder alongside the original BUP files ...then burn )

Date: January 16, 2011 14:55

EddieByword
Ok Midnrambler, I think I've got that, thanks alot, Eddie....(I'm guessing...copy the BUPs to another folder, change the name and then move them into the 'burn' folder alongside the original BUP files ...then burn )

Exactly!

Date: January 16, 2011 14:58

midnrambler
EddieByword

Exactly!
OK. thanks alot again, Eddie

Date: January 18, 2011 00:29

I did what writen but don't know why I couldn't burn this dvd. The program says .IFO files are missing. I tried it several times copying and remaining the mentioned :BUP files.
Can someone please do me the favor and post the needed two .IFO files?
Thanks!

Date: January 18, 2011 01:08

Hi all, sorry I have been away and not realised there was a problem, I'll zip up and send all the 'small' BUP & IFO in one file shortly

Date: January 18, 2011 02:49

[www.megaupload.com]

Contains the 'little IFO , BUP in a zip file, hope this helps

Date: January 18, 2011 18:12

midimannz
[www.megaupload.com]

Contains the 'little IFO , BUP in a zip file, hope this helps

...Of course it helped, thanks again!
thumbs up

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: January 18, 2011 19:10

Hi Quique-Stone,

Just a suggestion if renaming the BUP file to IFO didn't work for you could it be because before doing so you had to show hidden files from the Folder Options in the Control Panel. I had this same issue once and then i configured my computer to show hidden files and worked fine.

Date: January 18, 2011 20:48

THE DON
Hi Quique-Stone,

Just a suggestion if renaming the BUP file to IFO didn't work for you could it be because before doing so you had to show hidden files from the Folder Options in the Control Panel. I had this same issue once and then i configured my computer to show hidden files and worked fine.

Exactly, you are so right! That was my issue too! I might don't forget it for the next time! Thanks THE DON for helping too!

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: January 19, 2011 09:27

Thank you very much for your effort!
I was surprised that I didn' t had this DVD.
It seems that there is no artwork available for this concert. All my sources didn' t show up one.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 19, 2011 17:29

The zipfile did the job,
thanks

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home