Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Torino July 11/12 1982
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 5, 2009 22:34

Listening back to this show I now only have a very bad audience tape, while I used to have a vinyl LP with a fantastic audience source, almost SB. Does anyone know what tape this is, and is it possible to upload this tape? I especially remember Angie, with a very raw and loud solo by keith, which really hurt the speakers of the stereo system!

Mathijs

Re: Torino July 11/12 1982
Posted by: kees ()
Date: July 13, 2009 18:58

Matthijs, I have this release on CD in a rather rare plastic cover - I would swear it was a sound board release....... I don't have the name of the label right now but will check it out later

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 13, 2009 19:10

I think it was a mono soundboard (video source?)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 13, 2009 20:10

barbabang
I think it was a mono soundboard (video source?)

That was Naples 07/17...that's a SBD

I'd suspect the vinyl of Turin to be much better than the VGP release....just about all the 1982 vinyl bootlegs are better than VGP
But I don't have the "Mundialito 82" vinyl....on CD(R), so a vinyl-rip would be welcome with me, as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-13 20:15 by Erik_Snow.

Re: Torino July 11/12 1982winking smiley
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 13, 2009 21:46

Erik you are right. That was Napoli. Great swinging pig release, tried getting the edition with bonus disc (never got it, although the bonus was pretty much filler)

Wouldn't mind owning the vinyl, if only for the great artwork.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 13, 2009 23:06

kees
Matthijs, I have this release on CD in a rather rare plastic cover - I would swear it was a sound board release....... I don't have the name of the label right now but will check it out later

It's the "Mundialito 82" LP and indeed sounds like a mono soundboard but it actually is a fantastic sounding audience recording, much better than the VGP version.

Great version of Angie, and Jagger keeps refering to the stadium as "gas cooker".

If you can find it that would be brilliant!

Mathijs

Date: February 7, 2013 19:35

Mathijs
kees

It's the "Mundialito 82" LP and indeed sounds like a mono soundboard but it actually is a fantastic sounding audience recording, much better than the VGP version.

Great version of Angie, and Jagger keeps refering to the stadium as "gas cooker".

If you can find it that would be brilliant!

Mathijs

I kept your post in mind, Mathijs (never found the vinyl of this bootleg, only the VGP CD release), so I bought a new 2CD release last week, taken from the vinyl boot; uploaded it here: [www.hungercity.org]

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: February 7, 2013 21:19

Thanks Erik!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 8, 2013 21:36

Don't want to spoil the party but the Metro Cubo torrent of the raw RLR tape is far superior to the M-82 boot.
It's available at Trader's Den as well as Hungercity.

And for the price of one (July 11) you get two grinning smiley
(July 12 is also included in the torrent).

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: February 9, 2013 12:40

My first concert!
i've upload here the 07/11:
[www.wetransfer.com]
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-10 09:46 by Sici.

Date: February 9, 2013 17:30

dcba
Don't want to spoil the party but the Metro Cubo torrent of the raw RLR tape is far superior to the M-82 boot.
It's available at Trader's Den as well as Hungercity.

And for the price of one (July 11) you get two grinning smiley
(July 12 is also included in the torrent).

The party is allready spoiled, my friend >grinning smiley<

Anyway, meanwhile that was a "bad purchase" of mine, I'm glad to get the upgrade (if it really is an upgrade)

Haven't downloaded or logged into TTD for 1-2 years, so I didn't remember about the Lyon and Turin 1982 torrents you mentioned to me last year

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 10, 2013 15:44

There's still the pending question of the 2nd Torino tape (does it run at the rigth speed?) and the never-ending discussion about the 3rd RLR tape : the MSG'75 concert that nobody seems to be able to date...

TTD = lotsa fun and head-scratching for Stones fans! grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 10, 2013 20:44

Thanks Erik and Sici

Posted by: letitloose6 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 00:25

dcba
There's still the pending question of the 2nd Torino tape (does it run at the rigth speed?) and the never-ending discussion about the 3rd RLR tape : the MSG'75 concert that nobody seems to be able to date...

TTD = lotsa fun and head-scratching for Stones fans! grinning smiley

I can't understand why all this fuss about the MSG tape.

The confusion comes from the text in the upload, stating it was from the 22nd and crediting EC on Sympathy for the Devil.

Listening to the torrent it's easy to see it's the 27th, with Carlos Santana on SFTD.

This was even stated in one of comment posted by mljay.
Contrary to the Torino tape, this versuion is useless once you have Falo's MFG release.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home