Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MegaUplad Completely Stopped On Me As of Dec 1.
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: December 3, 2010 21:40

Anyone else experiencing same problem as me.

As Of Dec 1 i can't download nothing from MegaUplad anymore. I tried for 48 hours almost everry different hours of the day and nothing.

I did have issues before where i would wait a while and then get the link donwloaded but now nothing at all no matter which cd/dvd i try to download with MegaUpload. I asked someone else to try for me from same country and she had no issues.

I click on link it gives me 45 seconds wait and then i get a web page of MegaUpload describing how there srvice work and why they keep soem info from you but no download at all.
I also experience slow web page loading at times.

Has anything changed with MegaUpload since Dec 1?

I tried this with Internet Explorer and Mozilla and stil no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 21:47 by THE DON.

Re: MegaUplad Completely Stopped On Me As of Dec 1.
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 3, 2010 22:26

I hate to tell you this 'The Don' but in the last few days I've been getting a better service from Megaupload (free user), when I click on a link I no longer have to type in the 3 letters, the countdown starts straightaway from 43. My friend says to me that "it's like that with me on 'Premium'."
So...just out of curiosity I tried a multiple download...it worked...at one point this week I was downloading 16 files at the same time...and it's still working like that. In answer to your question though, yes something has changed since these last few days but for me for the better. Hope you get it sorted out. I did read once that if you disconnect from the internet and then re-connect you then get a new IP address so Megaupload doesn't recognise you - I don't know if that's true or not.....if it is your settings may go back to how they were....??? I don't know but it may worth trying if you've tried everything else...Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you out...Eddiebyword

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-03 22:53 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DiddleyBo ()
Date: December 3, 2010 22:27

Hi,

i´m downloading from Megaupload at the moment.

Absolutely no problem here.

But sometimes you have to try several times till it works.

Cheers DiddleyBo

Date: December 4, 2010 00:21

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your advices but it works great now. I am embarrassed to admit that it was me doing the wrong thing.

Since it has changed site where you don't have to type the 3 letters and number and waiting for the 45 seconds i was clicking below the number. Today earlier i noticed with cursor i could click a little higher then where i was clicking and got it. The reason i was clicking at wrong place is because i use black background with yellow text due to my eye condition. So therefor was not seeing what was written or where to click.

So sorry embarrassing but i'm happy it's all working ok and like you guys mentioned above working really great.

Thanks.
Embarrassed The Don.

Date: December 4, 2010 00:59

THE DON
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your advices but it works great now. I am embarrassed to admit that it was me doing the wrong thing.

Since it has changed site where you don't have to type the 3 letters and number and waiting for the 45 seconds i was clicking below the number. Today earlier i noticed with cursor i could click a little higher then where i was clicking and got it. The reason i was clicking at wrong place is because i use black background with yellow text due to my eye condition. So therefor was not seeing what was written or where to click.

So sorry embarrassing but i'm happy it's all working ok and like you guys mentioned above working really great.

Thanks.
Embarrassed The Don.
Also you should be able to do multiple downloads now too...works fine for me...for now anyway...Eddie

Date: December 4, 2010 01:18

By the way EddieByword, for me disconnectiong my interent to change IP Address works for Gigasize in case you are interested. It has worked for me all the time. Unless you have a Static IP Address.

Thanks again.

Date: December 4, 2010 01:25

THE DON
By the way EddieByword, for me disconnectiong my interent to change IP Address works for Gigasize in case you are interested. It has worked for me all the time. Unless you have a Static IP Address.

Thanks again.
OK , I'm not sure what a Static IP address is but will try it if I ever need to with Gigasize...Thanks, Eddie

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 4, 2010 01:46

Downloaded Keesies post a little while sgo..no problems!

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 5, 2010 10:42

EddieByword
THE DON

Thanks again.
OK , I'm not sure what a Static IP address is but will try it if I ever need to with Gigasize...Thanks, Eddie

Static just means it never changes, it always stays the same. Depending on your equipment, some IP addresses change when you reset/disconnect, some don't. If it changes, it's a Dynamic address. On dial-up, addresses are always dynamic, they change every time you dial-up/connect.

Despite knowing this, I have no clue as to which mine is, nor do I know how to find out. Isn't Community College a wonderful thing?

Date: December 5, 2010 14:59

bustedtrousers
EddieByword
THE DON

Thanks again.

Static just means it never changes, it always stays the same. Depending on your equipment, some IP addresses change when you reset/disconnect, some don't. If it changes, it's a Dynamic address. On dial-up, addresses are always dynamic, they change every time you dial-up/connect.

Despite knowing this, I have no clue as to which mine is, nor do I know how to find out. Isn't Community College a wonderful thing?
Thanks for that; Reading back over what I wrote I realise I didn't express myself very well there. What I meant was I didn't know what Static Address meant for me, ie I didn't know whether I have a static address or a changeable (or as you put it - dynamic) address or like you how I could find out...that was a bit more info though so thanks..I don't have dial up so that narrows it down a bit....EddieByword

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home