Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saving youtube videos
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 17, 2012 21:31

Until recently my Real Player allowed me to download youtube video clips. It doesn't seem to work anymore? Any easy ways of downloading youtube content?

Re: Saving youtube videos
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 17, 2012 22:01

Silver Dagger
Until recently my Real Player allowed me to download youtube video clips. It doesn't seem to work anymore? Any easy ways of downloading youtube content?

Silver, I have a program, but can't find the site. But google this "how to download youtube video" and make your choice. It's easy.

Date: July 17, 2012 22:10

kleermaker
Silver Dagger

Silver, I have a program, but can't find the site. But google this "how to download youtube video" and make your choice. It's easy.

I've checked that of course but I'd prefer to find out why my stupid Real Player no longer downloads youtube vids. Very strange.

Date: July 17, 2012 22:21

Silver Dagger
kleermaker
Silver Dagger

I've checked that of course but I'd prefer to find out why my stupid Real Player no longer downloads youtube vids. Very strange.

Well, that's another question than "Any easy ways of downloading youtube content?"

Anyway, I found out what I always use:

[www.downloadhelper.net]

Easy and very quickly

Date: July 17, 2012 22:24

Date: July 17, 2012 22:29

Thanks for your help kleer and dishevelmentblues. Will try now.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: July 17, 2012 23:47

YTD You Tube Downloader And Converter

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 18, 2012 00:29

Just type "keep" in front of youtube.

Like this:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.keepyoutube.com]

and see where it takes you...

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: July 18, 2012 11:09

You can also use
[ Free Studio ]

Posted by: ash ()
Date: July 18, 2012 11:23

keepvid is good (and free)

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 18, 2012 21:08

Final Video Downloader is a free program that gives you the choice to convert the flv files from Youtube to a couple of other formats (Avi, M4v, WMV and a couple more, or just the sound in mp3)

Have a look yourself:

Final Video Downloader

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: July 19, 2012 18:22

coowouters
Final Video Downloader is a free program that gives you the choice to convert the flv files from Youtube to a couple of other formats (Avi, M4v, WMV and a couple more, or just the sound in mp3)

Have a look yourself:

Final Video Downloader

Free Studio is free (as the name suggests) and can convert your video in as many (straight to DVD if you want), even just the sound (MP3, WAV, ...)

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: July 19, 2012 21:18

If you use Firefox, and let's face it, you should be, then this is by far the best.

[addons.mozilla.org]

It adds a download button on the actual YouTube page.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 20, 2012 17:19

RealPlayer now has a cousin called RealDownloader which I've been using for a while now. However, I'm on Firefox, and I find that from time to time Firefox updates seem to get out of step with the add-ons and plugins needed to download videos, and I have to check that my RealPlayer add-on is up to date (Tools menu then Add-Ons).

Recently there has also been a problem involving Adobe Flash Player version 11.3 - basically if you installed it, then not only could you not download YouTube videos, you couldn't even play them at all. This appears as a RealPlayer fault, but in fact if you roll back to an earlier Flash Player, that seems to sort things out for the time being, until Adobe gets its act together. There's a new version of 11.3 that cures the inability to play YouTube videos - at the cost of not being able to download them! I'm working on Flash Player version 10 at the moment, until this mess gets sorted out.

Date: July 20, 2012 18:27

strettonbull
If you use Firefox, and let's face it, you should be, then this is by far the best.

[addons.mozilla.org]

It adds a download button on the actual YouTube page.

thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home