Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

FRESH ADVICE: Here's a LINK to DOWNLOAD from Bigozine website FOR -JUST-ONLY A WEEK "Rolling Stones - On the Rocks" (60's outtakes) on MP3 224 kbps format
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 29, 2010 21:27

Hey all,

I found to download for ONLY A WEEK "On the Rocks" (info comes from Bigozine site):

THE ROLLING STONES
On The Rocks [Golden Memories, 1CD]
Alternate versions. Very good soundboard.

A notable inclusion on this collection of late 1960s Rolling Stones vault material are alternate takes of both arrangements of the song “Memo From Turner”. These are not the takes heard on “Performance” and “Metamorphosis”, though they are from those sessions. - Philip Cohen

The iorr.org website noted: Compilation of rehearsals and outtakes from 1968-1972, including excerpts from the One Plus One soundtrack. Excellent mono/stereo, without crackles. Plus some tracks taken from Trident Mixes, include crackles.

According to the wikipedia: Good Time Women (some sources put it as Good Time Woman), an early version of Tumbling Dice, was recorded during the sessions for the album Sticky Fingers. The song is a bluesy boogie-woogie heavy on Ian Stewart’s piano work. The two songs are similar in structure in that they have the same chord progression and a similar melody. Also, Jagger sings the hook to the accompaniment of Richards’ lone lead guitar. However, Good Time Women lacked an opening riff, a background choir and the beat which propels Tumbling Dice’s groove.

And bootlegzone’s comment regarding Good Time Women (March - May, 1970; unverified early version): The title Tumbling Dice would not be used for another six to 13 months, as the song Good Time Women would develop over the next few months and it would slowly change into what was to become known as Tumbling Dice.

Even though groups such as Mumford & Sons and Florence And The Machine are currently on Billboard’s Top 50, seriously, would anyone be interested in compilations of their studio outtakes, much less studio banter? Sure, the Stones have pedigree on their side and have lasted longer than anyone expected. Their secret ingredient? They have the songs. Even on this compilation, you already have Sympathy, Gimme Shelter, You Can’t Always Get and Good Time Women. If the version of Sympathy For The Devil here is pretty bare boned and the lines are fluffed, it is still a compelling track, made more forceful by Mick Jagger’s strong vocals.

Thanks to Phil for sharing the tracks.

Note: A longtime music fan, Philip Cohen was a contributor to the now-defunct ICE Magazine and compiled the boxsets for The Yardbirds, The Small Faces, Humble Pie and Nice.

Click on the highlighted tracks to download the MP3s (these are high quality MP3s - sample rate of 224 kbps). As far as we can ascertain, these tracks have never been officially released on CD.

Track 01. Sympathy For The Devil (1) 4:23 ( 7.0MB )
Track 02. You Got The Silver 2:50 ( 4.5MB )
Track 03. Gimme Shelter 4:20 ( 6.9MB )
Track 04. Sympathy For The Devil (2) 4:21 ( 6.9MB )
Track 05. You Can’t Always Get What You Want 6:38 ( 10.6MB )
Track 06. Memo From Turner (1) 2:43 ( 4.3MB )
Track 07. Memo From Turner (2) 3:42 ( 5.9MB )
Track 08. Good Time Women 3:03 ( 4.8MB )
Track 09. Travelin’ Man 5:54 ( 9.4MB )
Track 10. Instrumental 3:25 ( 5.4MB )
Track 11. Jiving Sister Fanny 3:17 ( 5.2MB )
Track 12. Stuck Out All Alone 3:11 ( 5.1MB )
Track 13. Going Down 2:56 ( 4.7MB )
Track 14. Family 3:33 ( 5.7MB )

Here's link: [bigozine2.com]

On a week (since today) they will delete the files and as i'm not going to download it (then i won't be able to upload it)... if you want it you better move fast!!

Cheers,

Martín

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-30 01:26 by Argentino.

Re: FRESH ADVICE: Here's a LINK to DOWNLOAD from Bigozine site FOR ONLY A WEEK "Rolling Stones - On the Rocks (60's outtakes)"
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 29, 2010 22:48

sad is mp 3 only.......

Re: FRESH ADVICE: Here's a LINK to DOWNLOAD from Bigozine site FOR ONLY A WEEK "Rolling Stones - On the Rocks (60's outtakes)"
Date: October 29, 2010 23:49

vancouver
sad is mp 3 only.......

I know Vancouver, Bigozine always share on MP3 format, they use to do on 192 Kbps but this is 224 kbps, i think that is better than nothing... until someone here shares the same on FLAC of course! winking smiley

Cheers,

Martín

Re: FRESH ADVICE: Here's a LINK to DOWNLOAD from Bigozine site FOR ONLY A WEEK "Rolling Stones - On the Rocks (60's outtakes)" on MP3 224 kbps.
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 29, 2010 23:52

ye i check bigo .many intresting of other groups....

Re: FRESH ADVICE: Here's a LINK to DOWNLOAD from Bigozine site FOR ONLY A WEEK "Rolling Stones - On the Rocks (60's outtakes)" on MP3 224 kbps.
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: October 30, 2010 00:44

Thanks for the link.

Cheers

Date: October 30, 2010 01:27

Zagalo
Thanks for the link.

Cheers

You're welcome!

Re: FRESH ADVICE: Here's a LINK to DOWNLOAD from Bigozine website FOR -JUST-ONLY A WEEK "Rolling Stones - On the Rocks" (60's outtakes) on MP3 224 kbps format
Date: November 1, 2010 20:14

bump

Re: FRESH ADVICE: Here's a LINK to DOWNLOAD from Bigozine website FOR -JUST-ONLY A WEEK "Rolling Stones - On the Rocks" (60's outtakes) on MP3 224 kbps format
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: November 1, 2010 20:27

Is it possible to download this without buying this QuickTime-stuff?

Date: November 2, 2010 02:09

maradona

I can't understand why you said that!! If you use Internet Explorer

You just need to go to the url i provide above and make right-click over "Track 01", then select "Save As", select desktop, or whatever you want then click on ok and that track starts to download to your HD! Doing that over the whole 14 tracks you will have all the fish! Then you can play them on every player you want, Quick Time or not!! winking smiley

Cheers,

Martín

Date: November 2, 2010 11:05

Argentino
maradona

I can't understand why you said that!! If you use Internet Explorer

You just need to go to the url i provide above and make right-click over "Track 01", then select "Save As", select desktop, or whatever you want then click on ok and that track starts to download to your HD! Doing that over the whole 14 tracks you will have all the fish! Then you can play them on every player you want, Quick Time or not!! winking smiley

Cheers,

Martín

Thank you, but I still don't know what to do. In my case I can only click on Track 1 and after this a new window is opening with the track. I can listen to it but there is no option like "Save as". If I click on the arrow on the right hand side it says that if I want to copy it on my HD I have to buy QuickTime PlugIn....

What to do???

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: November 2, 2010 13:18

.....I can only click on Track 1 and .....
don't click

"right-click on "Track 01",
select "Save As",
select desktop, or whatever you want then
click on ok

that track starts to download to your HD!
Doing that over the whole 14 tracks you will have all the fish!"

Date: November 2, 2010 18:06

Finally I got in!!!

I didn't know I have to click on "Data" on the left-hand side above.

Thanks for help!!!

Date: November 3, 2010 00:19

maradona
Finally I got in!!!

I didn't know I have to click on "Data" on the left-hand side above.

Thanks for help!!!

You're welcome!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 3, 2010 10:23

This is the only CD with the rare Memo From Turner II.

Date: November 3, 2010 16:49

Thanks for that information midnrambler, because i don't know it!!

Cheers,

Martín

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 3, 2010 20:15

In spite of mp3, more advice welcome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home