Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1989 Audience recordings
Posted by: pats ()
Date: October 14, 2010 03:14

This may seem a bit strange question, given the radio shows and SB shows from the Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle tour. I wonder what everyone would rate to be the best audience sourced show from the 89/90 tour ? I know some are a bit dodgy, but are there any that sound really excellent ?

Thanks in advance...

Re: 1989 Audience recordings
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 14, 2010 03:52

pats
This may seem a bit strange question, given the radio shows and SB shows from the Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle tour. I wonder what everyone would rate to be the best audience sourced show from the 89/90 tour ? I know some are a bit dodgy, but are there any that sound really excellent ?

Thanks in advance...

Hello there,

I like to tell you i'm just a collector of every SBD/FM source BUT only when it comes with a very good or excellent sound quality, in fact i download and i delete one 1989 SBD concert because it sound too bad to me. I like to collect some (really) very good/excellent AUD recordings and the only one i know (and i have) from that 1989/90 World Tour is Basel, the others i listen don't like at all, and don't know why, but since the 1994 Tour onwards you can get awesome AUD recordings!! If you have listen Bassel 1990 before you know what i mean! Otherwise you can get the remastered version from Honestman here: [www.iorr.org] Surely it's blowing your mind!

Cheers,

Martín

Posted by: pats ()
Date: October 14, 2010 04:31

Thanks for the info Martin...I would like to check that recording out, but the links are dead.

Date: October 14, 2010 05:19

pats
Thanks for the info Martin...I would like to check that recording out, but the links are dead.

I don't know the links are dead... you can request it to Honestman or everyone on that thread for a repost or if you are a Demonoid member: [www.demonoid.com]

Cheeers,

Martín

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 14, 2010 10:12

1st Toronto, Gothenburg and Rome comes to mind as bein among the finest 1989 AUD recordings

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 14, 2010 10:13

pats

Thanks in advance...

a matter of taste, since all AUD recordings are imperfect and none of them is
perfect. IMHO its wheeler dealers:
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: marko ()
Date: October 14, 2010 10:45

But there is MANY nice recordings from 89-90 tour.Manchester set is one of them.

Date: October 14, 2010 16:11

Well, i just give my point of view (i know, i'm a very hard custmomer because i expect a HIGH quality on every record of every source and that happen JUST sometimes, so you can see i'm a fan BUT not a completist!), but i think i don't listen 1st Toronto, i think Manchester sound wasn`t great BUT looks like i forget to mention Rome and Gothenburg (1st night??). At the same time as Falo1 says there is no perfect AUD recording, i know, but when i say "perfect" i like to says them have an awesome quality for an AUD recording!! I don't compare them with SBD/FM recodrings, of course, but comparing it ONLY with another AUD recs. i think them are great, so basically i made 2 rates, one for the finest SBD/FM and another for AUD, now i think everyone can see my point!

Maybe since last 10 years some devices comes much better (close to perfect) beacuse some AUD recs. are just awesome and that don't use to happen before! Love techology!!

Cheers,

Martín

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-14 16:17 by Argentino.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: October 14, 2010 16:28

marko
But there is MANY nice recordings from 89-90 tour.Manchester set is one of them.

I can remember the trades of 1989 tapes many years ago >grinning smiley<

Gr Ray

Date: October 14, 2010 16:28

where you downloaded manchester-90?

Date: October 14, 2010 16:39

marko

I have this trade many years ago

Date: October 14, 2010 16:54

Keessie
marko

Same here my friend,i got mine from Henrie Bernbratt,his got nice tapes from 89-90 tour.

Date: October 14, 2010 16:58

marko
Keessie
marko

Same here my friend,i got mine from Henrie Bernbratt,his got nice tapes from 89-90 tour.

It is what i say, i can remember the deals winking smiley

Date: October 14, 2010 17:19

yeeeeeeees,the good old dayssmileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2235
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home