Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Simple way to convert from flac to mp3?
Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: August 10, 2010 00:17

Anyone know?

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Re: Simple way to convert from flac to mp3?
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 10, 2010 00:37

use the freeware SWITCH

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 10, 2010 02:19

I broke my own vow and bought a converter:
[www.ojosoft.com]

its been great for over 2 years, converting to MP3 (or any other) with just a right click on the FLAC file... leaving the original file untouched, you now have an MP3 sitting right next to it. Its pretty cool. I also use Soundforge sometimes.

I got tired of some of the freeware bugs and limitations I guess (although I have never tried nor heard of Switch - so that is not a critique of that).

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: August 10, 2010 02:30

stateofshock
Anyone know?

I use Switch wich is a free software for the last 3 years with sucess, is sooo easy to use, try it (i'm a happy free costumer!!):

[www.nch.com.au]

Cheers,

Martín

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: August 10, 2010 02:36

don't do it!

or if you do, don't spread it around - keep it to yourself.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 10, 2010 02:45

Argentino
stateofshock
Anyone know?

I use Switch wich is a free software for the last 3 years with sucess, is sooo easy to use, try it (i'm a happy free costumer!!):

[www.nch.com.au]

Cheers,

Martín

Me too ! thumbs up

cheers Bo

"Mr. Ronnie Wood got a nice hairtcut" (so my sister says)

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 10, 2010 03:45

blakeeik
don't do it!

or if you do, don't spread it around - keep it to yourself.

+1

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: August 10, 2010 05:13

Why would you want to do a thing like that? Once you convert to MP3 the quality is damaged forever...True you can physically convert back, but what you wind up is an MP3 file that takes up a lot of space. In other words once you convert FLAC to MP3 you have permanently changed the file: you can not convert back and expect to have your FLAC file back...No WAY, NO HOW!!

Charlie

Date: August 10, 2010 06:24

soulsurvivor1
Why would you want to do a thing like that? Once you convert to MP3 the quality is damaged forever...True you can physically convert back, but what you wind up is an MP3 file that takes up a lot of space. In other words once you convert FLAC to MP3 you have permanently changed the file: you can not convert back and expect to have your FLAC file back...No WAY, NO HOW!!

Charlie

because I don't know WTF a "flac" even is and I cannot play it on my itunes nor my ipod. Seriously, what is the point of "flacs"? I don't get it.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 10, 2010 06:53

Date: August 10, 2010 08:11

stateofshock
soulsurvivor1

Charlie

because I don't know WTF a "flac" even is and I cannot play it on my itunes nor my ipod. Seriously, what is the point of "flacs"? I don't get it.

First off,why do you need to play it with I Tunes?? Why not play it with a FREE lossless FLAC compatible media player such as VLC Media Player for Windows or Vox media player for Mac systems ?

Secondly,why mindlessly follow the crowd and buy an I Pod? To me,a digital music player that can handle more formats of digital music with better sound quality is a better option. The I Pod is not terrible but,it's not the be all,end all that everyone assumes it is. If you stick with the I Pod,try to find something ( like the Switch program mentioned above ) that will convert the FLAC files into WAV files,AAC files,and/or ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) files instead of confining yourself to MP3's.

Obvious to many,the point of FLAC's is to preserve the quality of music with an open source software. Beyond just preserving CD quality,FLAC's are becoming available in resolutions above CD quality.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 10, 2010 11:30

Media monkey !!

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: August 10, 2010 17:57

Switch audio converter has been brilliant for me for about 3 years. However the other day I noticed that I seem to have lost my "right click" ability. It works with one file, but if I right click on more than one file and "convert with Switch Audio Converter" the program no longer opens.

Just downloaded Ojosoft to give that a try.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 10, 2010 18:48

I uses Xact to extract then convert them to MP3 using iTunes.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 10, 2010 18:51

Free Mp3 WMA converter V1.9 Kyote soft 2009 will convert any of these any 'colourway' AAC,APE,FLAC,MP3,MPC,OGG,Wav & WMA, although from what I've read here MP3 to FLAC doesn't create true FLAC....but it will definately do FLAC to MP3...hope that is of help anyway if nothing else works. EddieByword

Date: August 10, 2010 19:23

Winning Ugly VXII

If you stick with the I Pod,try to find something ( like the Switch program mentioned above ) that will convert the FLAC files into WAV files,AAC files,and/or ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) files instead of confining yourself to MP3's.

Ok, I'll do that! I'll convert it to AAC instead of MP3. And I have VLC too! I didn't know it could play FLACS. Thanks!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 10, 2010 19:35

If you convert a flac file, always make a copy of that flac file before you convert it, because it's lost after the conversion.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 10, 2010 21:18

What about the dbpoweramp converter? I just bought it.

Date: August 11, 2010 09:10

Personally,I have been using a free software program called XRE-Code for Windows the last few years when I need to convert music files to a different format. I've had no problem yet but,then again,I don't really use it very frequently because my media player and my digital audio player handle most formats & different file types of music.

[xrecode.com] It was free.I'm not sure if it still is or not. [www.brothersoft.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-11 09:17 by Winning Ugly VXII.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: August 11, 2010 20:06

Jet Audio is free and plays just about everything. It also converts files to different formats. My suggestion is to download one of the free players and use the converting software to convert to wave files. Then make a CDR of the files. Wave files will play on any regular stereo cd player. Saving the wave files on CDR will also allow you to upload the files back on to your computer in the future without spoiling the integrity of the music. If you want to download to an ipod then convert the files to the appropriate format for the ipod. Then erase the ipod files from your computer. If you do not like the CDR remedy then you need to purchase more storage space. External hard drives are pretty cheap these days you can get a Terrabyte(1000 Gigs) for around 150-200 US. If you love the musicthan its all worth it.

Charlie

Date: August 25, 2010 01:45

kleermaker
If you convert a flac file, always make a copy of that flac file before you convert it, because it's lost after the conversion.

thanks, will do!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 25, 2010 09:41

media monkey, it does not have a trial period. and it is very easy.
jeroen

Posted by: jbgoode ()
Date: August 25, 2010 12:15

Traders Little Helper

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: August 25, 2010 14:57

This freeware program has worked well for me
Pazera Audio Extractor

[www.pazera-software.com]

also look out for the excellent Pazera Video Converter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-25 14:59 by rumple21.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home