Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQUEST: 'Live In Helsinki' DAC-095 (in Flac if you're feeling really generous :-))
Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: September 4, 2009 21:11

Hi All :-)
As I said once before, I really don't like asking for things- as I don't like just 'taking' & not giving anything back. But- that's because I just don't know how to upload things, or use 'bit-torrent'.
Hopefully, some of the members here can vouch that I help whenever I can- using 'snail mail' if someone puts out an 'SOS'.
Buying pressed silver boots is also pretty much out of the question for me now, due to a change in my personal circumstances, but "I ain't too proud to beg" as someone once sang :-).
Somebody very kindly pointed me in the direction of the recent 'Helsinki 1970'torrent, that had been posted here (thanks again) & then another kind soul uploaded the DAC version, but it was unfortunately uploaded at a very, very small bit-rate.
However- for once, DAC seem to have improved the recording. I could tell that much, even by listening to the 'itsy-bitsy' version.
So- if there's anybody out there who could possibly post this DAC title, in a better format- I'd be VERY, VERY, VERY grateful :-). Of course- I can always reward any favours via snail-mail.
Yours creepingly,
MrsHop

Re: REQUEST: 'Live In Helsinki' DAC-095 (in Flac if you're feeling really generous :-))
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 4, 2009 22:21

Hey Rob, please check your email

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 22:23 by Erik_Snow.

Re: REQUEST: 'Live In Helsinki' DAC-095 (in Flac if you're feeling really generous :-))
Posted by: kream ()
Date: September 4, 2009 22:52

that show (DAC-095) what i've posted here i downloaded from dime and i have not changed anything. so if first uploader ripped his original silver it's mean that DAC made bootleg using lossy, very low bitrate file... except torrent was not from original boot but from mp3 /probably 96kbps/ converted fo flac.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 4, 2009 22:55

kream
that show (DAC-095) what i've posted here i downloaded from dime and i have not changed anything. so if first uploader ripped his original silver it's mean that DAC made bootleg using lossy, very low bitrate file... except torrent was not from original boot but from mp3 /probably 96kbps/ converted fo flac.

Yeah - the original torrent was 216 MB - and addition to that, DAC added the Malmø tracks.....I suppose DAC turned the Helsinki show into mono (but I thought it was mono to begin with....?)

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: September 5, 2009 00:24

kream

Hi- I REALLY wasn't criticising your efforts :-). I guess the person who originally uploaded it, must've converted it to Flac from mp3 (?). I'm not very technical, but I thought if it sounded so good (relatively of course)- then it must sound even better in a larger format.
I'm probably just being too fussy, but I love this little 'nugget' :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home