Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rock and Roll Circus without Brian's guitar turned down
Posted by: aplata ()
Date: March 27, 2010 04:48

Has anyone seen the version without the extra guitar dubbed in and without Brian's guitar turned down.

I would love to hear Brian play but can't find the other version anywhere.

Can someone help me?

-Andrew

Re: Rock and Roll Circus without Brian's guitar turned down
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 27, 2010 04:51

never seen it

Date: March 27, 2010 22:55

Hi Cafaro,

A good source on the internet says it does exist.

[www.keno.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-27 22:57 by aplata.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 27, 2010 23:25

aplata
Did you check Ludwig's video section?
[www.iorr.org]
Guess the songs from R'nR'C are from bootleg. Though I could be wrong - never had VSH of that show.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 01:03

It's here:

[www.iorr.org]

unfortunately the link is no more active. It would be great if somebody could re-upload the B&W Circus.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-28 10:46 by straycat58.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 28, 2010 03:50

aplata
Has anyone seen the version without the extra guitar dubbed in and without Brian's guitar turned down.

I would love to hear Brian play but can't find the other version anywhere.

Can someone help me?

-Andrew

"The version of YCAGWYW on the video 25x5 features a different mix and different footage than on the official ABKCO release..." Quote

I myself downloaded the documentary video "The Rolling Stones 25x5" from a torrent site. Forgotten which one. But I've checked it out and indeed on that video you also can hear Brian's guitar properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-28 04:02 by kleermaker.

Date: March 28, 2010 19:35

Thank you so much everyone for posting. You have provided me with some invaluable information.

I have asked the poster of the B&W Circus to re-post so I am hoping he/she is willing to do that.

I will also try to get the other downloads mentioned.

Brian Jones may you rest in peace and we will never forget you.

Posted by: Richmond63 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 03:04

hi.
You can hear Brinan's rhythm guitar on parachute woman,A bootleg EP called "F@4king Andrew".I used to have a cassette tape copy of that 4 songs EP.
I'm not sure it's rehearsal take or video released take, His guitar starts middle of Keith's solo. It's sure!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2010 17:00

kleermaker
"The version of YCAGWYW on the video 25x5 features a different mix and different footage than on the official ABKCO release..." Quote

I myself downloaded the documentary video "The Rolling Stones 25x5" from a torrent site. Forgotten which one. But I've checked it out and indeed on that video you also can hear Brian's guitar properly.

Brians guitar is still way down on that mix, or make that, it isn't any clearer than on the officially released DVD. That acoustic overdub is horrible!

Brians guitar is most audible on the outtake version of YCAGWYW where Mick plays acoustic live. It's more rough than the officially released version. As noted above there's also an outtake version of Parachute Woman where Brians chuck Berry type rhythm guitar is more audible too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-08 00:58 by His Majesty.

Date: April 7, 2010 17:16

Here they are, 10 downloads then they're gone. Someone with membership or something can re-post em after that.

Both are totally different takes from the official DVD/black & white bootleg(posted above)/25X5 Documentary.

Parachute Woman:

[rapidshare.com]

You Can't Always Get What You Want: Mick plays acoustic on this...

[rapidshare.com]

Posted by: crash ()
Date: April 7, 2010 18:01

His Majesty
Here they are, 10 downloads then they're gone. Someone with membership or something can re-post em after that...

many thanks, HM!!! grinning smiley

...and here's a re-upload of His Majesty's files for anyone who may have missed out...
winking smiley

circus_upload_from_HM.rar

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 7, 2010 18:11

Many thanks HM and crash! Good cooperationsmiling smiley.

Date: April 7, 2010 21:25

man they treated brian like S**** (IMHO)...
good to see action like this. considering that the stones was HIS band.. and did ya know they're FINALLY reopening the circumstances round his drownin.. they even have (had) an admission of guilt!

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: April 7, 2010 21:37

can someone PLEASE do a megaupload on these file for me...pleasethumbs up

Posted by: crash ()
Date: April 7, 2010 23:14

mothra665
can someone PLEASE do a megaupload on these file for me...pleasethumbs up

here ya go, mothra665... winking smiley

megaupload

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: April 7, 2010 23:33

thnx crash, but the link had the following message...
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

...i'll try again later....thank you

Date: April 8, 2010 06:02

I have to agree with Majesty. It does appear that Brians guitar is turned down and who is playing the acoustic in YCAGWYW? Oh wait there isn't anyone.... LOL.

Geez they really must hate Brian to go back after all these years and overdub and cut out his parts like that.

Majesty I really do appreciate you posting these tracks. I can hardly wait to listen to Brian because I could never really figure out who was playing what guitar part one the stones material up to Let it Bleed.

I take it from the picture you posted you have the black and white video. Would it be possible for you to post it also?

Thanks everyone who posted the .rar files.

Date: April 8, 2010 18:25

aplata

Majesty I really do appreciate you posting these tracks. I can hardly wait to listen to Brian because I could never really figure out who was playing what guitar part one the stones material up to Let it Bleed.

I take it from the picture you posted you have the black and white video. Would it be possible for you to post it also?

I wouldn't get too excited, what he plays is fairly pointless on YCAGWYW, and on PW it's simple Chuck Berry type rhythm. He is more audible on the 2 tracks I posted, but still not that loud really.

Date: April 11, 2010 17:29

Pointless from what perspective?

In my opinion Jones was more of a purist than the others and wanted to keep things more roots orientated. In the audio you provided I really like his rhythmic styling on YCAGWYW which blends in great with the percussion work of Rocky Dijon and Watts. YCAGWYW is a simple song to begin with and I don't think Jones cared for it anyways (based on his facial expressions and body language). Since he did not show up to record the album cut I think I am right on the money. Also, his blues styling on PW is awesome and sounds nothing like Chuck Berry but more like Muddy Waters.

It's a shame that they did not perform Salt of the Earth of Jigsaw Puzzle on the video because I would have loved to see him play slide on one of those tracks.

Date: April 11, 2010 18:22

aplata
Pointless from what perspective?

In my opinion Jones was more of a purist than the others and wanted to keep things more roots orientated. In the audio you provided I really like his rhythmic styling on YCAGWYW which blends in great with the percussion work of Rocky Dijon and Watts. YCAGWYW is a simple song to begin with and I don't think Jones cared for it anyways (based on his facial expressions and body language). Since he did not show up to record the album cut I think I am right on the money. Also, his blues styling on PW is awesome and sounds nothing like Chuck Berry but more like Muddy Waters.

It's a shame that they did not perform Salt of the Earth of Jigsaw Puzzle on the video because I would have loved to see him play slide on one of those tracks.

I'm wondering if you're mistaking Keith parts for Brians? None of Brians playing is loud, just that it's easier to hear on the two versions I uploaded. Keiths guitar is upfront and has him playing lots of licks, riffs etc.

Pointless in that Brians YCAGWYW part doesn't make the song better. He's gently strumming 2 chords for the majority of the song which even on the more audible version doesn't really add anything. When the bass comes in Brians part gets pretty much drowned out. I don't think he cared for the song either.

Parachute Woman on the other hand sounds more complete with his Chuck Berry rhythm more audible. That is all he is playing on the song. I don't understand why they mostly mixed him out on the official release for that song.

Brian didn't play slide on the studio versions of the songs you mentioned, doubt he'd have played it live either had they played them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-11 18:30 by His Majesty.

Date: April 12, 2010 03:43

His Majesty

I'm wondering if you're mistaking Keith parts for Brians? None of Brians playing is loud, just that it's easier to hear on the two versions I uploaded. Keiths guitar is upfront and has him playing lots of licks, riffs etc.

Pointless in that Brians YCAGWYW part doesn't make the song better. He's gently strumming 2 chords for the majority of the song which even on the more audible version doesn't really add anything. When the bass comes in Brians part gets pretty much drowned out. I don't think he cared for the song either.

Parachute Woman on the other hand sounds more complete with his Chuck Berry rhythm more audible. That is all he is playing on the song. I don't understand why they mostly mixed him out on the official release for that song.

Brian didn't play slide on the studio versions of the songs you mentioned, doubt he'd have played it live either had they played them.

PW is a straight up blues track and sounds closer to Muddy Waters than Chuck Berry to me.

Muddy Waters

I can see why you would say Chuck Berry though as the Stones were very much influenced by him also.

For YCAGWYW I agree that he didn't make the song better. What I said was that I personally liked what he was doing (more at the beginning of the song as it appears that he does loose interest). I don't think Keith would have let him play licks and riffs with him. Not a chance in hell with the relationship they had at that point. I am suprised that they let him do the slide on NE for that matter.

There are alot of people that say Jones played slide and mellotron on Jigsaw Puzzle.

[www.keno.org]

So in the end I guess it is a matter of opinion.

Date: April 13, 2010 16:40

Brians rhythm part on PW is a straight up Chuck Berry rhythm just ,ike he played on numerous songs previously. I'm not commenting on the style of the song, only what Brian plays.

Brian plays the same thing throughout YCAGWYW, it's a simple strumming of low notes of each chord, hard top hear even on the louder outtake.

Ignore Keno's crap crediting. There is proof that Keith played the slide on JP via the Satanic Sessions box sets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-13 16:57 by His Majesty.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home