Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: The Rolling Stones - [1973] The Stars In The Sky They Never Lie (flac)
Posted by: abbiatti ()
Date: January 15, 2010 00:23

The Rolling Stones
The Stars In The Sky They Never Lie
Label: Midnight Beat [MB CD 141]
Lineage: Silver CD>EAC>FLAC
Quality Soundboard
Artwork included.

01. Brown Sugar
02. Gimme Shelter
03. Happy
04. Tumbling Dice
05. Star Star
06. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
07. Dancing With Mr. D
08. Angie
09. You Can't Always Get What You Want
10. Gimme Shelter
11. Happy
12. Star Star
13. All Down The Line
14. Rip This Joint
15. Street Fighting Man

Pass: fabbiatti
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones - [1973] The Stars In The Sky They Never Lie (flac)
Posted by: mexicanrstone ()
Date: January 15, 2010 07:22

Thanks

smileys with beer thumbs up

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones - [1973] The Stars In The Sky They Never Lie (flac)
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 15, 2010 17:02

Thats a good one. Tracks 2-9 are on the original Contraband Label vinyl from the 70s. Long thought to be a sb it's pretty much agreed now thats its an aud recording(although up in the stratosphere quality wise llike LA 75).

Date: January 16, 2010 01:21

Thanks, I like too much this show.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 16, 2010 18:13

abbiatti
Thanks, I like too much this show.

It is not a show. It is from 5 shows. winking smiley

Date: January 16, 2010 20:36

Yeah,makes me wonder where the rest of tapes are to these shows! Think(cause they are so good) maybe the taper got shut down before getting the whole show?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 16, 2010 20:47

Hmmm, this is my rip - thanks for the credits, that's a real gentleman's gesture

Date: January 16, 2010 21:01

@scott - I would reckon there's a guy who's sitting (or has been sitting) on both the Hamburg recording and the Essen recording - without caring about it, apart from the money he made on the bootleg, way back then. Otherwise he would have spread it to friends and connections.
2 songs from Hamburg and 6 songs from Essen.....no way he was "stopped from recording", as the songs are all "highlights" from each show - and not just "the first couple of songs" from each of 'em
Happy new year, by the way - just got the internet working in my new apartment.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 2, 2010 11:32

Same interesting pattern here between 70 & 73 : best aud tape of the tour pop up (incomplete) on vinyl both recorded in Essen and remain uncirculated in complete form.
So either the taper flew from the U.S. each time or they had a local correspondant in Essen who taped the shows then sent the tapes to America.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: March 4, 2010 04:38

"The Stars in the Sky" LP is a copy of the US LP "The Jean Clarke Memorial/Mammorial Sonic Barbeque," with the bass boosted.

I know that doesn't answer the question of who was the taper. Interesting point about Essen being the best recording for both '70 and '73. I wonder if Mr. Rubber Dubber was involved in '73.

Posted by: kobro ()
Date: March 5, 2010 13:39

Thank you very much for thissmileys with beer

Date: April 12, 2010 01:03

winking smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 4, 2013 13:38

Erik_Snow
@scott - I would reckon there's a guy who's sitting (or has been sitting) on both the Hamburg recording and the Essen recording - without caring about it, apart from the money he made on the bootleg, way back then. Otherwise he would have spread it to friends and connections.
2 songs from Hamburg and 6 songs from Essen.....no way he was "stopped from recording", as the songs are all "highlights" from each show - and not just "the first couple of songs" from each of 'em
Happy new year, by the way - just got the internet working in my new apartment.

That's an interesting theory. But if he didn't care, why doesn't he just release all the shows separately, warts and all, rather than just one "best of" combo release?

Perhaps, someday, we will know.

BTW, sorry you didn't get credit for your rip.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: October 4, 2013 14:00

scottkeef
Thats a good one. Tracks 2-9 are on the original Contraband Label vinyl from the 70s. Long thought to be a sb it's pretty much agreed now thats its an aud recording(although up in the stratosphere quality wise llike LA 75).

The Contraband LP with (47-105-A/B ) matrix is a copy, not the original release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 15:38 by LiveAtHidepark.

Date: October 4, 2013 14:22

dph
"The Stars in the Sky" LP is a copy of the US LP "The Jean Clarke Memorial/Mammorial Sonic Barbeque," with the bass boosted.

I know that doesn't answer the question of who was the taper. Interesting point about Essen being the best recording for both '70 and '73. I wonder if Mr. Rubber Dubber was involved in '73.

No.

"The Stars In The Sky They Never Lie" IS NOT a copy of "Jean Clarke".

The original release is european, most probably from Germany. It was on the Caution label with (AS.TS. 197810 // AS.TS. 197811) matrix, Deluxe full color on front, back cover is brown with green stars.
This release was later COPIED in the early 80's, with the same front cover, the back cover is yellow with blue stars. matrix (AS TS 197810-A/B )

During the 70's it was COPIED by CBM with a b&w large front insert. Also exists an european copy with (AF-144-A // AF-144-B ) matrix, released with an unglued b&w cover under the title "On Stage".

In the USA, TAKRL COPIED the original "Stars In The Sky", added 2 songs (SV from NYC 72 + the single mix of ADTL) and released it as "... Jean Clarke MEMORIAL ..." with a large insert on front (3 young musicians) and large insert on back (taken from Peallert book). matrix (TAKRL 1919-A/B )
TAKRL quickly replaced this edition by "... Jean Clarke MAMMORIAL ...) with the same picture but in inferior quality, different and longer text, and no back cover. Lot of variations exists, all from the same (TAKRL 1919-A/B ) matrix.
They also released a printed cover edition with a MJ photo on front and the "MAMMORIAL" cover on back.

Also existing is an English copy of "Jean Clrake Memorial/Mammorial" released mid 80's, with blank with sleeve and white blank labels with (RS-1-A / RS-1-BI) matrix

But in no way, the original edition is American.

The original "Stars In The Sky" was released around february 1974, or maybe late 1973, but I have no clue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 15:41 by LiveAtHidepark.

Date: October 4, 2013 18:29

You are for sure in the ballpark timewise,Live. I ordered the CBM LP from a place in North Carolina either in in 73 or 74 while in High School.I think it was maybe the 4th boot I bought. those were the days! I received via mail from NC "All Meat Music"(2 LP for $6), "San Diego 69", Bright Lights Big City", "Beautiful Delilah" (all for $3 each) and I believe I paid $1 for the "Cops & Robbers" maxi-single. Postage was 50 cents per ORDER, not per disc!

Date: October 4, 2013 18:46

LiveAtHidepark
[...]but I have no clue.

It's obvious that you do grinning smiley

Thanks for the stories. I do have "The Stars In The Sky...." and "The Jean Clarke...." on vinyl, and have several copies of each, but I did not know the stories behind them, apart from what I read in Schwarzbuch......but that wasn't much

Date: October 4, 2013 20:31

Erik_Snow
LiveAtHidepark
[...]but I have no clue.

It's obvious that you do grinning smiley

I just realised that I didn't used the right word. I mean I have many clues but no definitive proof. Sorry, English not beiing my natural language.

Date: October 5, 2013 00:03

scottkeef
You are for sure in the ballpark timewise,Live. I ordered the CBM LP from a place in North Carolina either in in 73 or 74 while in High School.I think it was maybe the 4th boot I bought. those were the days! I received via mail from NC "All Meat Music"(2 LP for $6), "San Diego 69", Bright Lights Big City", "Beautiful Delilah" (all for $3 each) and I believe I paid $1 for the "Cops & Robbers" maxi-single. Postage was 50 cents per ORDER, not per disc!

Scott,

Does your CBM "stars in the sky" have the (47-105-A/B ) matrix ?
Nor the cover (large b&w insert) and either the labels (blank) of my copy give any direct connection with CBM, but I am 99 % sure this is a CBM release.
How are the labels ? blank ?
Any information will be welcomed !

Date: October 5, 2013 03:47

I checked and those are indeed the numbers.The record labels are blank and the front insert is the Mick poster in the window (black and white) BUT on the back cover is red printed cartoon work signed -J. FISH- bottom right hand corner and in the middle of the artwork at bottom a round picture with CBM and stars forming a circle and a pirate with eyepatch and dagger in mouth.

Date: October 5, 2013 09:08

Thanks for the answer, Scottkeef. This shows that my copy of this CBM is missing the back cover cartoon.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: November 17, 2013 16:06

Does anyone have this show to reupload

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2013 23:20

I have it in MP3/256 if it helps?

Need to track down the 1973 London show(s) too, heard a terrific Heartbreaker from one of these shows!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: November 17, 2013 23:43

gotdablouse
I have it in MP3/256 if it helps?

Need to track down the 1973 London show(s) too, heard a terrific Heartbreaker from one of these shows!
no thanks on the MP3 the show that has Heartbreaker Empire Pool Wembley, London, England. Sep 09, 1973 there is no full sbd for this only AUD

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 19, 2013 00:44

I bought this on LP in 1974, one of my first Stones boots. The front cover was a b/w shot of a window w/Mick's Sticky Fingers pic inserted.

The lp began w/Gimme Shelter & ended w/YCAGWYW. It sounded like it was all one show & deffo not soundboard. Keith was so drunk on Happy I thought he would fall over. There was no lineage for the songs, there wasn't even a track list. Heartbreaker & Mr. D. were on the LP, though.

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: October 9, 2020 17:57

Is there someone out there who can make me happy white a re-upload eye rolling smiley, thanks.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: October 9, 2020 20:05

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: October 9, 2020 21:13

wiredallnight
[iorr.org]

Thanks.thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home