Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dust My Pyramids and other lost songs
Date: July 11, 2007 16:28

Does anyone know what happened to the 20 + Stones songs rediscovered by the BBC back in 1998?
Songs include the Richards/Jones instrumental 'Dust My Pyramids'.
I've heard no mention of them since, and wondered if any of them - particularly Dust My Pyramids - have made it onto bootlegs yet?

The last word I can find on the matter is from the IORR archives of January 1998:-

"BBC archivists and retired producers have unearthed more than 20 'lost' recordings from the early career of the Rolling Stones, which may now be released as a potentially best-selling disc, according to Sunday Times. The songs were recorded for BBC radio between October 1963 and September 1965. Archivists at the BBC had uncovered 13 of the original 42 titles recorded by the group for radio. In addition, it said, more than 10 others had been preserved by former producers who should have ``wiped'' the tapes. Late additions: Two of the recovered songs are Dust My Pyramids (written by B.Jones and Richards) and I Wanna Love You from the Rhytmn and Blues session."

Re: Dust My Pyramids and other lost songs
Posted by: Richmond63 ()
Date: July 15, 2007 01:34

Very Interesting.

Someone posted on dime "BBC 1963-65" about 3 month ago which include couple of the first time apperence.

I Just Wanna Make Love To You: Perfect Intro.
Oh Baby: Ending with Drums.

Date: July 18, 2007 16:02

I seem to remember Dust My Pyramids appearing on a compilation. in my mind I always thought it was the Ultra Rare Tracks series. I now know it's not on those. Maybe it's on the Sympathy for the Record Collector series.
It would be interesting find.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 18, 2007 17:00

I don't think it was on the Sympathy for the Collector series. I had an old late eighties World Productions of Music boot of various BBC sessions in really poor quality that had a track listing for "Dust My Pyramids," but it was just a misnamed BBC radio session of "2120 South Michigan Avenue." I think the boot was called RADIOACTIVE, but I could be mistaken. Either way, I don't believe the real track has circulated among bootleggers yet.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 18, 2007 20:13

"Dust My Pyramids,(based on elmore james "dust my broom""not on any boots at all...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2304
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home