Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: stereo version of Little Red Rooster
Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: December 10, 2009 12:35

It would make me Happy to have the stereo mix of Little Red Rooster, from "2120 South Michigan Avenue (The Chess Recordings 1964-1965)".
See this thread: [www.iorr.org]
The other unreleased tracks from it wouldn´t hurt either...winking smiley

Re: Request: stereo version of Little Red Rooster
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 10, 2009 16:41

not sure if it is considered official but to my ears it seems like it is a fake . a mono recording that has a slight delay in one of the channels to simulate stereo

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 10, 2009 17:20

rootsman
Hardly believe that somebody will post this disk here. It contains official material. According to ChrisM.

2120 South Michigan Avenue

Sound Quality: Excellent Official & Outtake Sources

Chess Studios, Chicago, June 10-11, 1964*
Chess Studios, Chicago, November 8, 1964+
Chess Studios, Chicago, May 10, 1965#

It's All Over Now* (12x5) 3:24/I Can't Be Satisfied* (More Hot Rocks) 3:25/"Stewed & Keefed"* (Bright Lights Big City) 4:07/Around And Around* (12x5) 3:02/Confessin' The Blues* (12x5)/Down In The Bottom* (Bright Lights Big City) 2:42/Empty Heart* (12x5) 2:36/Hi-Heel Sneakers* (Bright Lights Big City) 2:57/Down The Road Apiece* (Now!) 2:54/If You Need Me* (12x5) 2:02/Look What You've Done* (Outtake-december's children) 2:18/Tell Me Baby How Many Times* (Bright Lights Big City) 1:53/Time Is On My Side (Organ Intro - Regent Sound, June 24-26, 1964, on 12x5) 2:52/Reelin' And Rockin'* (Outtake) 3:36/Don't Lie To Me* (Metamorphosis) 1:59/2120 South Michigan Avenue* (12x5) 3:40/What A Shame+ (Now!) 3:04/Fanny Mae+ (BBC-Cops & Robbers) 2:12/Little Red Rooster+ (Now!) 3:06/Time Is On My Side+ (Guitar Intro - Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) 3:00/Goodbye Girl+ (Outtake - Time Trip Vol. 5) 2:08/Key To The Highway+ (Outtake - Time Trip Vol. 5) 3:18/Mercy Mercy+ (Outtake - Time Trip Vol. 5) 2:43/Mercy Mercy# (Out Of Our Heads) 2:45/That's How Strong My Love Is# (Out Of Our Heads) 2:24/Under Assistant West Cost Promotion Man# (Out Of Our Heads) 3:22/Satisfaction# (Shindig TV 5/20/65, Harmonica Version Backing Track) 2:44

Comment: The concept here is a collection of Chess Studio sessions with the liner notes going as far as to imply that these sides were intended for a Chess release for a re-signed Rolling Stones who had considered abandoning Pop Music for the pure Blues! Is this the lost Blues album from 1964 or are the Stones paying tribute to their significant influences at the end of their first US tour in '64? Well thought out compilation.

This one was some time ago on hungarcity but removed within a day or two.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: December 10, 2009 18:19

rootsman
It would make me Happy to have the stereo mix of Little Red Rooster, from "2120 South Michigan Avenue (The Chess Recordings 1964-1965)".
See this thread: [www.iorr.org]
The other unreleased tracks from it wouldn´t hurt either...winking smiley

Please send me a mail. I will give you the download links.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 01:04

Any version of Little Red Rooster is a fake...The song was recorded in MONO

Charlie

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 11, 2009 01:09

soulsurvior1, is the Organ version of Time Is On My Side avaliable in Stereo? Certain bootlegs and Chris M's site says it exits

Date: December 11, 2009 01:25

No it was not recorded in stereo....Heres the rule...anything that was recorded at Olympic Studios London, RCA studios Hollywood, Chess Studios Chicago were all recorded in True Stereo.

Charlie

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 11, 2009 10:03

Thanks, you are into are into your stuff.

Date: December 11, 2009 10:49

Thanks for all answers!

ironbelly
rootsman
Hardly believe that somebody will post this disk here. It contains official material....As you see at least half of the songs are sourced from official CD's.

And that´s the reason I didn´t request the whole album...

Date: December 11, 2009 22:07

Extra special thanks to Rolling on!thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: December 11, 2009 22:41

rootsman
Extra special thanks to Rolling on!thumbs up

My pleasure

Date: December 12, 2009 05:23

In 1986 ABKCO hired Mobile Fidelity Soundlabs to remaster the collection. This project came to be known as the M.S.F.L. Wooden Box Set. There are always a few on EBAY. Anyway, the people at M.S. F.L. conducted an interview with the recording engineer for the Stones during the early years. Dave Hassenger is his name. Dave says very clearly in the interview that everything that was recorded at
Olympic Studios London, RCA studios Hollywood, Chess Studios Chicago were all recorded in True Stereo. You can read it for yourself in the booklet that comes with the box set. After I read the booklet I was somewhat puzzled. If Mr. Hassenger was correct, then why is only one song on the whole box set (Get Off My Cloud) True Stereo? The answer is that ABKCO gave MSFL strict orders to only use the MONO versions. Doink!!! Why bother in MONO if thge STEREO versions are available? The answer is that ABKCO makes no sense!! They do what they want and continue to ignore proven stategies for increased sales and peer recognition. It's no seceret that the other record labels all scratch their heads at ABKCO.
They are puzzling to say the least. Anyway that ABKCO!!

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-12 05:25 by soulsurvivor1.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 12, 2009 10:38

dont quote me on this but i belive most if not all material recorded in the uk before the stones went to the states was done live direct to mono 1963-64 but after that there should be multitrack recordings made where stereo mixes could of been made

Date: December 12, 2009 12:26

Little Red Rooster on this is in horrible "electronically re-channelled stereo".thumbs down

All other tracks are as previously available - nothing new!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home