Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

to open-g
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: October 23, 2006 02:52

I was told that maybe you could give me some information on this problem I have.........I have tried 3 different bittorrent clients and haven't been able to download anything with any of them. About a year ago, my Kazaa stopped downloading. It still plays and the rest of it still works, but I can't download anything new. I've also downloaded Ares and a couple of other music downloading clients (if that's what they're called) and none of them will download anything. What could my problem be? I read on some web page when I downloaded one of the bittorrent clients that some servers didn't allow music and video files to be downloaded using programs like that. I'm new at this whole bittorrent thing anyway. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Re: to open-g
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 23, 2006 17:32

I responded to you on the Street Fighting Man thread, but I suggest we stick to this one.

Hi, Tumblin' Dice

I can think of 2 reasons why you can't download.
1. maybe your ISP (Internet service Provider) does not allow the usual torrent
ports to be opend, or
2. your firewall is blocking the traffic. Port forwarding is the main obstacle.

I'm only a little bit familiar with Azureus, so I'd suggest you try that client and we'll see what can done, ok?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 23, 2006 17:57

Hehe, I mentioned your expertise in computers, open-g, very nice.

Date: October 23, 2006 19:12

Thanks for the confidence, Erik
but I hope it doesn't rise too great expectations.
I'll try my best, tho'

Date: October 23, 2006 22:47

I actually downloaded Azureus once but I never could get it to open, much less download.......I'll try it again tho and see what happens. I also turned my firewall on when I got BitTorrent but went thru this whole process that was supposed to allow BitTorrent to work thru the firewall.......I think its' possible that my ISP is behind this. Because Kazaa nor Ares nor BearShares nor LimeWire will download anything. A friend of mine told me that it might be that I downloaded some kind of spyware in a music file that's stopping my from being able to download. I dunno......

Date: October 24, 2006 00:03

Who is your ISP?
What Router/DSL Modem do you use?
OS is Windows XP?
Firewall - Windows or Hardware Firewall? or ZoneAlarm or slt?

It would be a good idea to uninstall all of those mentioned clients you have tried first.
Then you need to have Java 1.5 update 9 installed on your system. have only one version of Java on your machine.
then install Azureus.

here's the azureuswiki [www.azureuswiki.com] for reference.

Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 24, 2006 00:09

"uTorrent 1.6" is simple, small and very smart. and doesn't need any other applications like JAVA for working. you don't have to install it. only download and use it. try it. and you can use it on DIME. it's very importantsmiling smiley

Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 24, 2006 00:12

here is link:

[www.underpl.org]

i hope it will work

click "Pobierz uTorrent 1.6"

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: October 24, 2006 19:45

Tumblin_Dice_07 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I actually downloaded Azureus once but I never
> could get it to open, much less
> download.......I'll try it again tho and see what
> happens. I also turned my firewall on when I got
> BitTorrent but went thru this whole process that
> was supposed to allow BitTorrent to work thru the
> firewall.......I think its' possible that my ISP
> is behind this. Because Kazaa nor Ares nor
> BearShares nor LimeWire will download anything. A
> friend of mine told me that it might be that I
> downloaded some kind of spyware in a music file
> that's stopping my from being able to download. I
> dunno......

If none of those programs work, and you're sure that your firewall isn't blocking them, then that IS weird! Your ISP is a possible culprit, though unlikely.

If I were you I would uninstall Kazaa straight away, as it changes all sorts of things in the windows registry, as well as possibly having spyware of it's own.

When you use a bit torrent program like Azureus it needs to be able to get access to your ports. Luckily you can configure which ports it should use from within the program.It now comes with a configuration wizard for beginner/intermediate/advanced users. If you're not sure which ports to use you can put any number in you like up to 65500 I think, or you can go here [www.portforward.com] for more detailed help.

You'll need Java JRE 1.5 too. Get both here [azureus.sourceforge.net]

I've downloaded loads of bit torent files without any problems, so stay with it!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: October 26, 2006 00:51

I want to thank everybody for the information they've given me. I haven't got to try any of this stuff yet for lack of time. I'll try it this weekend, but I do really appreciate all your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home