Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 1, 2009 21:42

The Black Box LP Vinyl Rip in mp3

Beautifull Dililah [www.megaupload.com]
Gravestones [www.megaupload.com]
Rape Of The Vaults [www.megaupload.com]

artworks included

The "Black Box" title dates back to the working title and concept of "Metamorphosis" and Bill Wyman's original picks for the record which were:
Bright Lights Big City/Cops and Robbers/I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys/Little Red Rooster (Live)/Down The Road Apiece (Live)/Don't Lie To Me/If You Let Me/Godzi/Panama Powder Room/Gold Painted Nails/Fannie Mae/Down In The Bottom
This information is from the book: "The Rolling Stones an illustrated record by Roy Carr", 1976 (two of the titles have been corrected). Down The Road Apiece is listed as a live track, but it's most likely from the BBC "Top of The Pops" broadcast on March 4, 1965. Godzi & Panama Powder Room are not confirmed to exist, but may be from the 1966 time frame and could be instrumentals from various "Between The Buttons" sessions. Gold Painted Nails is an instrumental from the Satanic Majesties sessions.
The Black Box title was picked-up by some enterprising types who used it on 70's vinyl releases that consisted of three LP's in none other than a black box. The label was Rolling Stones Vinyl Product (RSVP), and the contents included reissues of "Gravestones", "Rape of The Vaults", and "Beautiful Delilah" (also reissued on the Dragonfly record label). The first two titles were originally rubber stamped RSVP releases and third was a copy of an early Trade Mark of Quality release. Arguably a stronger release than the Abkco issue. No Oldham orchestra tracks on these discs!
"The Black Box"

Box Set LP Edition from 1978
LP 1: 1835 A/B & RS-A/B These are the matrix numbers for TMoQ's "Beautiful Delilah"
S1 - Memphis Tennessee/Roll Over Beethoven/Down In The Bottom/You Can Make It If You Try/Route 66/Confessin' The Blues/Down The Road Apiece/High Heeled Sneakers/Beautiful Delilah
S2 - Carol/I Just Wanna Make Love To You/The Spider And The Fly/Cry To Me/Fanny Mae/Walking The Dog/Jumpin' Jack Flash (Promo Video Version)
LP 2: RSVP 002 A/B This is the matrix number for "Rape Of The Vaults"
S1 - Ain't That Loving You Baby/Mona/Don't Lie To Me/If You Need Me/Oh Baby We Got A Good Thing Going/It's All Over Now/Little Red Rooster/The Last Time
S2 - It Should Be You/Play With Fire/Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/You Better Move On/Bye Bye Johnny/Beautiful Delilah/Hey Crawdaddy
LP 3: RSVP-003-A/B This is the matrix number for "Gravestones"
S1 - All Down The Line/Medley/CS Blues/Brown Sugar(with Clapton)/Slave (aka Black & Blue Jam)/Too Many Cooks
S2 - Exile On Main St. Blues/Silver Train/Parachute Woman/You Can't Always Get What You Want/Cherry Oh Baby/Ruby Tuesday/Sure The One You Need

my other posts are here [www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-15 19:59 by stonesmuziekfan.

Re: Post: Black Box (3 lp vinyl rip)
Posted by: SeanC ()
Date: November 2, 2009 00:34

Thanks so much!! This is a great set! Is it different source to the 4 CD version? I love vinyl rips

Date: November 2, 2009 21:19

SeanC
Thanks so much!! This is a great set! Is it different source to the 4 CD version? I love vinyl rips

There are 2 different 4cd versions that are not identical to this vinyl 3LP set.
see [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 2, 2009 21:41

stonesmuziekfan
SeanC

There are 2 different 4cd versions that are not identical to this vinyl 3LP set.
see [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org]

But these 2 4CD versions are both the same regarding the content.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 2, 2009 22:29

Any possibility of a flac version of this? Cheers

Posted by: Tour 75/76 ()
Date: November 3, 2009 00:07

Jaap Beautiful, Thank Yousmileys with beer

Date: January 7, 2011 10:40

still active

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 11, 2011 07:10

you are too kind...many thanks!

Date: August 15, 2011 19:56

links are still working

Re: Post: Black Box (3 lp vinyl rip) mp3
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 16, 2011 02:46

I can't understand how I missed all of these vinyl posts, I really should have a good look at your list, many thanks

Date: August 16, 2011 08:42

vox12string
I can't understand how I missed all of these vinyl posts, I really should have a good look at your list, many thanks

did you notice these "black boxes" in the comments ?

see [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org][/quote]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-16 08:43 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: August 17, 2011 20:56

Hi,

Are the Black Box links still active. This looks like a great set. Would like to get it if possible. Thanks!

Date: August 17, 2011 22:27

edithgrove
Hi,

Are the Black Box links still active. This looks like a great set. Would like to get it if possible. Thanks!
yep

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 18, 2011 00:38

Beautifull Dililah is just as bad as my copy - no bass at all!
well - thats how they made boots in the good old days (LOL).

thanx and cheers Bo >grinning smiley<

Posted by: rubycatgirl ()
Date: August 18, 2011 10:57

Sweet memories... way back in the eighties a friend of my parents once arranged to borrow a few Stones-bootlegs for a weekend from a pal of his. The friend was a huge Elvis collector and the pal was some middleman who actually sold these bootlegs to adventerous recordshops. Anyway, I'd come over for the weekend and brought five C-90 tapes with me. It was sheer magic to put the colorful vynil as careful as posible on to the turntable. Actually it was the friend who did all this; I wasn't allowed to touch them! But watching the tapes roll while listning to the forbidden fruits was good enough for me. I must have been thirteen years old and I was enchanted.

Amongst them were 'Some Tattoos', 'Nasty Music', 'Jack Daniels On Tour', Blind Date', and ofcourse 'The Black Album' - the most fascinating of all. I still have the tapes but they have been played a thousand times. I look forward to put the mp3's on my iPod!

Thanks,
RCG

PS: is artwork included? There was a sheet with all the songs.

'...I said we...we are heaven bound...'

Date: August 18, 2011 17:50

After listning, I have to say that it is a rather disapointing "vinyl" rip. To be honest, I think I have downloaded several mp3's from this post elsewhere.
But as the idea was planted in my head, I'm actually transfering my original BASF CR-S II to digital right now. I'm using a PHILIPS DCC 900 which is an excelent cassette player because even for analogue cassettes it uses digital tracking. This means that it will only gives a signal when the tracking is right. A pain in the B really because for a succesful transfer one has to run the tape often more than once. However the tape isn't actually pristine and I only recorded the 'Gravestone' and 'Vault' LP, it will be a genuine vinyl transfer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 17:52 by rubycatgirl.

Date: August 18, 2011 21:10

Is this a zip file? utorrent can't open it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Date: August 18, 2011 21:35

edithgrove
Is this a zip file? utorrent can't open it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

It's indeed a zip-file and the 'Gravestone' file is actually the 'Rape Of The Vaults' one.

Date: August 18, 2011 22:44

Hi. Makes sense. They downloaded super fast. Now how do I convert them to flac files?

Date: August 18, 2011 22:56

turning mp3 into flac doesn't improve the files

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 18, 2011 22:57

edithgrove
Hi. Makes sense. They downloaded super fast. Now how do I convert them to flac files?

no idea to convert them to flac.(from mp3)

Date: August 18, 2011 23:15

Hi,

I'm not trying to improve them, just play them. All my audio is cds unfortunately. I'm guess I'm not at the stage of converting everything to mp3's just yet.

Date: August 18, 2011 23:28

don't know if this might work, never tryed it before
free dbpower converter
[www.megaupload.com]

Open this conververter
than browse to the mp3 file that you want to convert to flac and press [open]
than select Flac in the dropdown-menu in the top of the screen and than hit [convert]
Maybe save new files in a new datafile?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 19, 2011 03:12

@ edithgrove: please to preserve clean the trading pool, don't share or upload the converted flac files! Thanks!
I wonder why you can't listen the mp3 files...

Date: August 19, 2011 06:49

No worries. These are for personal use only. I have all the Black Box cd sets. I just want the original versions in my collection. I'm sorry that I'm still old school and don't have a mp3 player.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home