Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

need DVD burn help
Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: July 20, 2005 17:13

I have some Stones DVDs that I have tried to burn for friends but they are not burning. I have some stuff that are 2 dscs and I can get the first disc to burn but not the second disc. I also have trouble getting some menus to appear on burned discs. Some DVDs will not burn at all. I am a little confused because all of these DVDs are copies that are traded on this site for years now. Unfortunately I am not too computer savvy so any help would be appreciated.

Re: need DVD burn help
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 20, 2005 23:16

Are they burned on those crappy Princo disks?

Many cheaper, low end blanks have compatibility problems, frequent burn errors, and short shelf life.

It is best to demand Japanese made disks when trading, and even then there are occassional quality problems. That said, I had a entire spindle of 50 normally reliable TDKs that were bad about a month ago.

Try using DVD Decrypter to copy the problem disks. It is the most reliable. Try extracting on another machine as well. Sometimes they extract on one reader and not another

In many cases you simply need to trade for replacement disks. The good thing is that most DVD are more widely available than a few years ago.

Welcome to the world of DVD trading. Stuff happens too frequently to all of us.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 21, 2005 04:15

If you have a 'standalone' DVD-burner then these menu problems may occur.

Are you copying from disc --> disc ?
If so, try ripping the DVD to the hard-drive first, then copy to your blank.

Funny with those Princos Steve has mentioned - they are one of the most "reliable" DVDrs that I have!
I guess compatability issues will be different all over the world....but it is best to stick with good-quality brands.

Esky

Posted by: paintedblack ()
Date: July 21, 2005 17:25

My experience with Princo DVD's is that they are utter crap!

Every DVD I have received in trade on a Princo DVD has had to be be ripped to my hard drive using my rewriter and re burned. Princo disc's SHOULD NEVER BE USED in trades.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: July 22, 2005 12:27

Use AnyDVD and CloneDVD from Slysoft (www.slysoft.com)
You can easily copy - even protected DVD's - and compress them in reasonable format or use DVD-DL.

Sjouke

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home