Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger & The Red Devils Studio Blues Session (Sister Morphine)
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: May 23, 2009 13:01

Mick Jagger & The Red Devils
Studio recordings on early and mid May 1992 in Los Angeles (location unknown)
Sister Morphine MORPH - 061

Lineage:

Trade CDR - EAC (Wave) - Easy CDDA Extractor (Flac Level 5) - Rapidshare

no original artwork available

Here' s some artwork made by Honestman.
Thank you very much for these. Much appreciated!!

For more information about the tracklist have a look here

[www.geocities.com]

Part 1:

[rapidshare.com]

Part 2:

[rapidshare.com]

Part 1 includes EAC logfile

Fingerprints Part 1:

; flac fingerprint file generated by Trader's Little Helper
; generated on May 23, 2009, at 11:15:46

Track 1.flac:d018f52c7bbe23c773b35a75010ab409
Track 10.flac:74c609f2d4bac3741a5215f37e5c4c99
Track 2.flac:90612e359e59707318a821b3d8565f92
Track 3.flac:77b982143f12f533e0b37e9445d8551b
Track 4.flac:1760bdda383fe263492e1899a469cd6a
Track 5.flac:06bcaeb061fced49496ec8a65eb7b235
Track 6.flac:caac1a97d9a4f34e5bb61c1b4a4a80b8
Track 7.flac:4f4d458885fd50d2446ac3aebe8bc11b
Track 8.flac:7dfecba23244782d060de8962a22ea94
Track 9.flac:2df7e02dc2c5515d9fc4d64488d09914

Fingerprints Part 2:

; flac fingerprint file generated by Trader's Little Helper
; generated on May 23, 2009, at 11:16:30

Track 11.flac:467eb7b76d05db80fedf65b77fd69249
Track 12.flac:e38f23b46c114efdaa6dd3c6b4bb443f
Track 13.flac:2d31dce80747dc371ecaa3f91faf998a
Track 14.flac:2212b22c5e5e401f6f9e3c85b2ac912d
Track 15.flac:d2b1be968cf8cfcbfae8197db9dce94f
Track 16.flac:edd643feccf8c7c0bdb35a5e38f138a4
Track 17.flac:94bd394ef4afb4d5a222253e2a504321
Track 18.flac:ca8923e50c68b3b691c2abe32fa1ad78

Enjoy!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-23 14:45 by Rolling on.

Re: Mick Jagger & The Red Devils Studio Blues Session (Sister Morphine)
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 23, 2009 13:26

You got the art Jörg in your Box, i've just sent it !

Thanks for the upgrade in FLAC!!!

HMN
winking smiley

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 23, 2009 13:53

Another example for a Sister Morphine trash release. Why are there only 18 tracks on it when other releases contain 21 tracks? They simply left off 3 tracks... And the sound is still some kind of dull, the VGP sounds better.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: May 23, 2009 14:00

in flac, using rapidshare?!
thank you,....thank you very much! smileys with beer

ps: recorded at sound recorder studio, hollywood, ca, usa, may, 1992

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-23 15:52 by j.b.goode.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: May 23, 2009 15:48

Mick Jagger - Mustique 2005 - Dust My Broom

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 23, 2009 16:44

midnrambler
Another example for a Sister Morphine trash release. Why are there only 18 tracks on it when other releases contain 21 tracks? They simply left off 3 tracks... And the sound is still some kind of dull, the VGP sounds better.

Ok,so we all know you hate SM but the sun shines even on a dogs ass once in a while!!

Date: May 23, 2009 23:51

scottkeef
midnrambler

Ok,so we all know you hate SM but the sun shines even on a dogs ass once in a while!!

If I said something wrong here, please prove the opposite! Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-23 23:52 by midnrambler.

Date: May 24, 2009 00:08

Ahhh, I was just trying to be funny!

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: May 24, 2009 00:29

midnrambler

Well- everyone's entitled to their opinion. But- there are plenty of Sister Morphine releases that get uploaded here, that many people rightly say are superb.
I can't really understand why some people slag-off SM's remasters so often on this forum. It hardly matters if it's a VGP, DAC, etc etc release that's posted here- as everyone's getting it for nothing. Maybe it will come as a surprise to some people here, but 99% of the time- someone somewhere along the line had to BUY a boot, in order for it to get on the net in the first place.
Some people just expect EVERYTHING for nothing.
One thing's for sure- whether SM get it right, or not- at least they TRY. The vast majority of boot labels (DAC etc), don't give a f*ck about how their titles SOUND.

Date: May 24, 2009 01:28

I always had a love/hate relationship with vinyl Gang. Thats why the old "Sticky
Fingers Journal" was so valuable to me-it seperated the crap from the gems. Maybe its cause VG was determined to release EVERY show out there(wich could be a good thing) but they could release an absolute diamond of a cd and a total piece of
sh-t the next! Believe it or not when SM first came on the scene they came up with alot of very good original tapes!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 24, 2009 14:42

scottkeef
I always had a love/hate relationship with vinyl Gang. Thats why the old "Sticky
Fingers Journal" was so valuable to me-it seperated the crap from the gems. Maybe its cause VG was determined to release EVERY show out there(wich could be a good thing) but they could release an absolute diamond of a cd and a total piece of
sh-t the next! Believe it or not when SM first came on the scene they came up with alot of very good original tapes!

Yes, but I can imagine thats the pressure of the bootleg business. There are no "exclusive rights", so whatever material comes into your hands, you better release it quick before someone else does it - even more if you have paid for the source material. I think thats basically the reason why VGP sometimes seemed to be so rushed. In that respect, I remember SM always being a bit cooler, some titles were endlessly delayed until they thought the result was right. Seems like whenever SM got wind of better source tapes, they held the release of certain titles until they finally got their hands on them. VGP put out whatever they had and came with up with second, third and whatever editions as upgrades - a quite costly routine for the collector.

Date: May 24, 2009 23:47

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-27 17:46 by midnrambler.

Date: May 25, 2009 00:00

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-27 17:46 by midnrambler.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:34

However, I am more than interested to know what exactly is so shite about SM CDRs. My opinion is that they are usually over-hyped, but at the same time not bad at all.

Date: May 25, 2009 04:12

Some people dont like their mastering and some do. I do see the point that they
dont find original stuff like they used to. Some people just dont like CD-R format but they sure dont scrimp on the quality. They use about the best (and some of the costliest) blanks on the market and the artwork is usually pretty high quality too. But to each his own.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 26, 2009 23:29

thank you all for this post!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2009 12:12

Well basically SM started as a rip-off label that is a label that copies other labels's best efforts.
They mainly appealed to the U.S. silver-bootleg-starved fans whereas in Europe, where you can easily find the original silvers they ripped-off, nobody ever cared much for SM products.

I remember bying one of the few titles they hadn't stolen from somebody else (their S.F. 97 aud recording) on the strenght it was "one of the best aud tapes ever" moody smiley
Major bullsh!t PR/lies as I listened to the tape... I was so disappointed with it I quickly got rid of it to a completist fan who was thrilled to hold a SM title in his hands...

Another problem with SM titles is the remastering/"improvement" of the tapes, which more often than not RUINS the music. Basically you can do "better" with a home EQ software on your computer and a complete lack of taste winking smiley

Date: May 27, 2009 16:36

Go back to the "Sticky Fingers Journal" when the SM adds and reviews first appeared. Its true the their first release(which was a silver release in the first run by the way) was a rmstr of "Double Door" but after that for the first
releases they were pretty much all original tapes. Now I KNOW(and am disapointed) that their efforts the last few years of finding original stuff has sucked but you have it wrong when you say they STARTED OFF as a rip-off label.
Now on the remstering process, you arent the only person who doesnt like their work so of course you are entitled to your opinion(and sometimes I agree on certain releases). But I do know that CCH is a professional engineer that has access to a professional recording studio.

Date: May 27, 2009 17:19

scottkeef
Go back to the "Sticky Fingers Journal" when the SM adds and reviews first appeared. Its true the their first release(which was a silver release in the first run by the way) was a rmstr of "Double Door" but after that for the first
releases they were pretty much all original tapes. Now I KNOW(and am disapointed) that their efforts the last few years of finding original stuff has sucked but you have it wrong when you say they STARTED OFF as a rip-off label.
Now on the remstering process, you arent the only person who doesnt like their work so of course you are entitled to your opinion(and sometimes I agree on certain releases). But I do know that CCH is a professional engineer that has access to a professional recording studio.

I agree with you 100%, but that's not why I'm posting this message. Ok- my first reply on here wasn't very subtle, to say the least :-) & I KNOW that this topic has been covered numerous times before. But- Scottkeef, your diplomatic approach is highly admirable & well informed.
I've heard several SM releases, that've offended my ears- including the one that dcba mentioned above. I too had that one & their fairly recent 'All Sold Out' release (2005) was also a stinker. But, you can't just write-off a company, because of a few 'bad apples'. They recently remastered the Paris 1970 soundboard recording & it's a phenomenal upgrade on previous versions imho.
Of course, it'd be great if they could always use new sources, but- even the big Jap' labels, like DAC are largely doing nothing but rehashing old recordings nowadays- in some cases very badly too.
It's also worth mentioning that: Some of the Jap' labels actually copy SM releases/remasters. Just one recent example is SODD's release: 'Exile Outtakes', which was a straight copy of SM's 'Diamonds & Disease'. The highly regarded 'Rattlesnake' label has also done the same in the past.
We're talking about bootlegs here afterall & I can't think of ONE label, that's been consistently great. But, I've never understood the 'red-faced, anger' that always appears when SM are mentioned.
Some people like the label- some people don't: simple. That's life :-). To each their own.

Date: May 27, 2009 17:44

MrsHop
We're talking about bootlegs here afterall & I can't think of ONE label, that's been consistently great. But, I've never understood the 'red-faced, anger' that always appears when SM are mentioned.
Some people like the label- some people don't: simple. That's life :-). To each their own.
Agree that no bootleg label brings out only great stuff. The main reason why I do not even consider SM as a real label is that they burn all their stuff to CDRs only. (BTW I disagree that their 1st release was a silver, they never released one silver disc, only CDRs.) I do not consider burned CDRs as collectible. Everyone can make them, nowadays you can also use the discs with a glossy photo surface and print them, so everybody can make his own Sister Morphine label and burn whatever he wants to professionally looking CDRs. I even remember that I received a faulty original of SM's Fort Worth Express, the recording ended after half of the disc, obviously the burning process broke off. Something that may not and cannot happen with a silver pressed disc.
And BTW, SM sells their self burned stuff for an exorbitant price!

Date: May 27, 2009 19:34

[/quote](BTW I disagree that their 1st release was a silver, they never released one silver disc, only CDRs.) I do not consider burned CDRs as collectible. Everyone can make them, nowadays you can also use the discs with a glossy photo surface and print them, so everybody can make his own Sister Morphine label and burn whatever he wants to professionally looking CDRs. I even remember that I received a faulty original of SM's Fort Worth Express, the recording ended after half of the disc, obviously the burning process broke off. Something that may not and cannot happen with a silver pressed disc.
And BTW, SM sells their self burned stuff for an exorbitant price![/quote]

Yes- I actually agree with you :-). I only consider silver pressings to be collectible, in general. However, the MAM (Mitsui Audio Mastering) cdrs are in a different league. The Who have actually released official, internet-only releases using these discs- as their estimated lifespan is (apparrently) 300 years- with the gold discs anyway.
You're right too about how professional anyone can make a printable cdr look, but SM use Thermal Printing- which isn't the kind of setup that you'd have for home use.

You're also right that SM have never issued a silver pressing. The funny thing is: The first SM title I bought WAS a silver, factory-pressed version, of their 'Sympathy For The Devil' release. But, it was 'a bootleg of a bootleg' :-)

Date: May 27, 2009 19:46

midnrambler
I even remember that I received a faulty original of SM's Fort Worth Express, the recording ended after half of the disc, obviously the burning process broke off. Something that may not and cannot happen with a silver pressed disc.

OK, half-burned discs cannot happen with a silver pressed disc, but I remember pressing and mastering faults of silver pressed discs where the same mistake(s) appeared in each and every copy of the complete pressing run and this pissed a lot of people of and not just one. Mistakes can happen, and in case SM stood up for this faulty disc and replaced it for you without further costs well I guess its ok then...in case they did, of course.

To each their own, but I dont think that the difference between CDR and pressed CD determines wether we have to do it with a label or not - its just the medium that carries the music. In the end, and on a wider scale, everybody can make bootlegs, silver pressed CDs or CDRs, its just that in case of silvers, you have to try a little harder to find a pressing plant whos willing to do it. Once you overcome this problem, the production process of a bootleg is basically the same - in case of a CDR label probably a bit more comfortable!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-27 19:48 by alimente.

Date: May 27, 2009 19:50

I wish I wasnt too stupid to post a scan but if anyone has "SFJ" Vol III Issue 3 it reviews the FIRST release "Live At The Double Door" and it clearly states "1 CD".(not CDR which SFJ always made clear!Now if they made a mistake I apologize). And yes,MrsHop-you are correct SM uses
MITSUI GOLD and THERMAL which (as anyone who googles the co) are top of the line. The printing on the cdrs are as good as any "legit" releases.
As far as pricing last time I looked singles were $25 and doubles $45. So I guess thats opinion.
You know sometimes cdr labels do serve a purpose. "Boss Hawg" ( a out of business Ca label) whose pkg and cdrs WERE pretty crappy was responsible for the first release of the AHMET 72 Ft WORTH SB-and of course EVERYONE jumped on it after that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-27 19:56 by scottkeef.

Date: May 27, 2009 21:14

scottkeef
I wish I wasnt too stupid to post a scan but if anyone has "SFJ" Vol III Issue 3 it reviews the FIRST release "Live At The Double Door" and it clearly states "1 CD".(not CDR which SFJ always made clear!Now if they made a mistake I apologize). And yes,MrsHop-you are correct SM uses
MITSUI GOLD and THERMAL which (as anyone who googles the co) are top of the line. The printing on the cdrs are as good as any "legit" releases.
As far as pricing last time I looked singles were $25 and doubles $45. So I guess thats opinion.
You know sometimes cdr labels do serve a purpose. "Boss Hawg" ( a out of business Ca label) whose pkg and cdrs WERE pretty crappy was responsible for the first release of the AHMET 72 Ft WORTH SB-and of course EVERYONE jumped on it after that!

Hello again :-). You could well be right my friend, as it's good to share information & learn from others.

What I THINK might be the case, is: The first 'CCH' remaster DID appear as a factory pressing- as it was used on for the '30 Anniversary edition' pressing of 'Live'r Than You'll Ever Be'. After that- it became part of SM's back catalogue, in MAM form.
I think that could be what you're thinking of?

Date: May 27, 2009 23:58

Remember how the LIVER 30th was a combined effort of SM and Turd On The Run Label?
There is a VERY close relationship between the labels(hint hint) Anyway it put to mind how "Exile Afternoon Revisted", Leed Guitars-Movie Stars" and "Pearls At Swine" on TOTR were all silver issues but by the time they released "Ft Worth Express" it was a cdr (with the disc printing and heavy glossy fold out artwork second to none!) Just something to ponder!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-27 23:59 by scottkeef.

Date: May 28, 2009 22:23

scottkeef, do you know if "R.S.V.P. - Digitally Remastered" which I find in my list as "Turd On The Run TOTR 005" is still a silver or already a CDR?
Leed Guitars (TOTR 004) is a silver but Fort Worth Expres (TOTR 006) is a CDR. So what is TOTR 005?

Date: May 29, 2009 00:11

WOW! Now I'm really confused,midnrambler! To check on your question I went and dug out all my TURD releases.
1.Exile afternnon Revisited ( Silver cd 1997 issue TOTR-001)
2.Leed Guitars Movie Stars(Silver cd 1997 issue-heres where mine differs TOTR-002)
3.Pearls At Swine (two silver cds -THIS ONE ALSO CARRIES THE NO TOTR-002! BUT
the discs are silver w/blue print saying COOL SOUNDZ Show No. RS006A and RSOO6Bcool smiley
4.Ft Worth Express (1 cdr 1998 T.O.T.R.-mine has NO number on the art or disc!)

I had a silver reissue of the Pigs "Shattered In Europe" on COOL BLOKES label that the disc looked like the "Swine" discs above that said COOL SOUNDZ.
Do you think that TOTR gave a stock no to "30th LIVER anniversary" issue since it was a joint effort?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-29 00:12 by scottkeef.

Date: May 29, 2009 12:43

Now I'm just as confused as you, scottkeef! I don't have these TOTR releases (anymore), I just have them in my list but I don't know where I got the number informations from. But obviously they are partly wrong, because I believe more your informations since you have the discs in front of you! There seems to be no logical and consecutive numbering of the TOTR releases.

I once had a copy of the 30th anniversary LIVEr edition but can't remember if there was a number on it. I thougt it had "Sister Morphine" on the artwork but I'm not sure at all anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-29 12:47 by midnrambler.

Posted by: funkycrow ()
Date: May 30, 2009 03:56

This is a great download.
Thanks for the share.

hot smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 30, 2009 15:54

Thanks for sharing this SM version here Rollin on!

Thanks also Honesman for the artwork!

All much appreciated!

smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home