Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Anymore 1972 shows to see the light of day?
Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:53

Does anyone think that there will be any more 1972 shows unearthed and circulated? Getting old and starting to think it is time to give up on these shows.

Re: Anymore 1972 shows to see the light of day?
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:02

Man I hope so! This tour is a tie with 69-70 tours as the best EVER. On second thought it IS THE BEST TOUR EVER!!

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:30

Are there any of the unearthed shows from which a recording is rumoured/known to exist?...I've seen Houston being mentioned.

Date: December 28, 2008 04:35

I remember reading here once, I don't remember who it was, but that individual stated that most is not all of the shows were taped but probably will not be released because of the bootleggers. One has to believe that the majority of the missing show were taped.

Date: December 28, 2008 04:45

The Houston shows were filmed(along with Ft Worth) for L&G. I always figured that was because Texas is a "right to work"state(in other words weak or no unions) and it was cheaper. But it seems like I remember reading a long time ago that Keith used to have the soundman make a tape of every show for him to listen to later that night. Maybe thats bs but it sounds like something he may do especially in the 70s?

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:58

Yeah I know Houston was filmed for L&G, and I've heard the story about Keith listening to recordings of the shows afterwards as well. It was my impression from mtripoli's first post that he was referring to audience recordings, and my comment was made in that context. I should have pointed that out. Sorry

Date: December 28, 2008 05:51

I hope some more Aud surfaces too! The 72 tour seems to be not as well represented as the other tours for quality aud tapes, I dont know why. Not to say that theres not some that are pretty good. Sometimes I like a good aud tape better! I dont know how to do it but I wish someone would "matrix" the Ft worth 72 aud and sb just for a thrill!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 13:52

i wish the stones would one day officially release a cd and dvd of that tour

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 16:52

The only way the taped shows will ever be released is when The Stones are officially no more...A sad thought but very true...

Charlie

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 29, 2008 18:52

SB tapes were made of every show. The shows that I have heard are extant are St. Louis & Denver.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 30, 2008 03:52

HEILOOBAAS
SB tapes were made of every show. The shows that I have heard are extant are St. Louis & Denver.

Gazza had a connection to a fellow who taped St. Louis. Unfortunately, the taper passed away.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 30, 2008 17:42

Smokey
HEILOOBAAS

Gazza had a connection to a fellow who taped St. Louis. Unfortunately, the taper passed away.

It's said because I think these shows were all taped, the tape placed in a shoe box in the attic. Taper leaves home, Mom goes on a big Spring Clean and gets rid of them.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 31, 2008 15:46

yep, exact same thing happened to me - all my stones LPs got thrown out !!!

I still believe there are some un-surfaced tapes in some people's hands...

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 1, 2009 01:26

Isn't there a Norfolk Virginia also available, The Scope July/ 5 /72 if i remember well

Date: January 1, 2009 01:43

yes, its one of the better recordings.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 04:08

I wonder if the Stones have a roomful (or warehouse full) of tapes somewhere...or if no one really thought about saving things for posterity (other than maybe Bill, who seems to have been quite a collector).

After my parents passed away years ago, I found all sorts of things while cleaning out the house. I wonder if the people cleaning out the attic of a deceased guy....who once way back in the 60s and early 70s was a roadie....will stumble across some interesting tapes...and will they know, or care, what they are.

'Hey, what should I do with this box? What is it? A bunch of rolls of plastic ribbon. Oh, I think they once made players that could play that stuff. My grandfather once had one....it was way back before they even made CDs. CDs? What are they?'

Date: January 3, 2009 04:12

Isnt there clip in "Being Mick" that shows a closet in one of his homes(London?) that has a bunch of boxes and vhs tapes stacked around? Seems like I remember it but would have to watch it again to be sure.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 5, 2009 01:02

It's said that Freezer taped at least one of the Houston '72 shows. Probably both but neither of them have seen the light of day.

Date: January 6, 2009 05:03

I guess I just do not understand the reason that someone would keep this under wraps for the last 36 years.

Date: January 6, 2009 15:52

How about the Raw Films of the Houston and FT. Worth Shows. I am sure these are sitting somewhere. Any idea who might have these reels? (Besides the Stones).

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 6, 2009 16:04

nothing is free these days...if someone has an unsurfaced tape, he/she would be in a pretty good bargaining position. I suppose some people are waiting for the right time to "sell" their recordings...and probably the best time is when the band finally hangs up the boots..

Plus, if they want to get it burnt correctly (pressed) with artwork they expect at least that cost & more in return. Also, alot of time can go in to fine-tuning a recording/video....I'd expect a little in return...

Date: January 6, 2009 21:17

I dont begrudge anyone from breaking even(or even making a profit) on some rare stuff especially if they have gone to the trouble of increasing the quality and enjoyment of the material at their own expense but what really gets me are the bootleggers that take stuff from the internet and release it as their own with no effort to improve it or anything! We've had examples of Misterclaudel and Godfather labels putting out Purple Chick Beatles discs as theirs and we know what happened with Aberdeen 82-there was one label that even used opengs artwork with not even a nod of appreciation. Sorry about the rant-just had to put it out there!

Date: January 7, 2009 10:10

Freezer has posted various times on TTD and earlier on Dime that he is reluctant to pass along the shows because bootleggers would profit from them. (If you disagree, don't tell me; tell him.)

He has recently re-digitized the Charlotte show and one of the SF 1975 shows and had someone post them on TTD. Freezer seemed to indicate a second show was sent to someone for posting on TTD, but it was not entirely clear what happened. One of the seeders suggested there would be a Chicago 1978 upgrade as well. Perhaps when the bootleggers go bankrupt we'll see more . . .

Date: January 7, 2009 17:25

Smokey
Freezer has posted various times on TTD and earlier on Dime that he is reluctant to pass along the shows because bootleggers would profit from them. (If you disagree, don't tell me; tell him.)

He has recently re-digitized the Charlotte show and one of the SF 1975 shows and had someone post them on TTD. Freezer seemed to indicate a second show was sent to someone for posting on TTD, but it was not entirely clear what happened. One of the seeders suggested there would be a Chicago 1978 upgrade as well. Perhaps when the bootleggers go bankrupt we'll see more . . .

Charlotte? Really? I didn't think Freezer was responsible for that one. Or did he just perform a remaster job on it?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 7, 2009 17:52

there must be a 2:nd diff sourches recorded ? .charlotte 72 or other audience recordings ?????

Date: January 8, 2009 08:37

Tumblin_Dice_07
Smokey

Charlotte? Really? I didn't think Freezer was responsible for that one. Or did he just perform a remaster job on it?

My error. I typed Charlotte, but meant Mobile. The "second show" referred to in my post was another SF 1975 show.

Date: January 8, 2009 22:22

Smokey

My error. I typed Charlotte, but meant Mobile. The "second show" referred to in my post was another SF 1975 show.

Gotcha.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: January 9, 2009 01:02

I'm just looking again at the great Japanese reference site 'Rolling Stones Archive Website' and I thought I had all the existing '72 shows but I see that it lists S.F. 6/6/72 2nd show as existing as well as Nashville. Are these correct ? Is Nashville the show that the really low-fi K.C. recording purports to be ?

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 9, 2009 01:23

S F Winterland 6/6/72 is available as an audience, show sounds good but the recording is pretty poor and I think there is a cut off near the end of Love In Vain possibly a tape change ?

Date: January 9, 2009 01:28

I've been told by a person that I highly value their opinion that the "recent" KC is in fact a worse quality Nashville recording. I though I had Nashville to compare but I either never had it or cant find it. I have a SF 6-6-72 45 min tape but I dont know if its the first or second and I cant remember about the quality. I'll have to give it a listen tonight and get back to you.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home