Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : AUD ; Some Satanic Tour DAC-015 , Baltimore and Boston ( 2nd show ) 1969 , MP3 320 kbps , GigaSize
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 16, 2008 21:29

X

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-17 15:35 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : By Request ; AUD ; Some Satanic Tour DAC-015 , Baltimore and Boston ( 2nd show ) 1969 , MP3 320 kbps , GigaSize
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:22

Thank you so much UrbanSteel and JumpinJeppeFlash for all your time and efforts on this.

A tremendous addition to your site UrbanSteel. The more of the 1969 shows you can access the better. I can't wait to give them a listen.

Re: POST : By Request ; AUD ; Some Satanic Tour DAC-015 , Baltimore and Boston ( 2nd show ) 1969 , MP3 320 kbps , GigaSize
Posted by: ede ()
Date: December 17, 2008 09:10

Thank you very much for your work

Complete Reference Work Of All Official Publications
since 1962

Fully Illustrated Book On CD-ROM

[i.ebayimg.com]

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:42

just a head's up and warning: I got major Trojan Horse and Malware viruses on my PC after dowloading these tracks from Gigasize...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:59

I don´t think that this has anything to do with the files i posted in the first place and the great UrbanSteel converted to mp3 in the second place. Must be som kind of problem with gigasize and i´m not surprised...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 18, 2008 17:47

Some more info on the boot:

According to boot-review.com:

Richard Cole, Led Zeppelin's tour manager, was quoted in The Hammer Of The Gods that, after comparing The Rolling Stones' afternoon concert in Oakland on November 8th, 1969 with Zeppelin's show at the Winterland in San Francisco later that evening, that the Stones were "dead". I always thought that was unfair since Jagger himself called the early west coast shows "ragged" compared to the later shows on the east coast. It wasn't until they hit Detroit that they began to loosen up a bit and deliver killer shows. Some Satanic Tour documents two concerts at the tail end that are bookends to the New York shows that make up the bulk of the official live release Get Yer Ya Ya's Out.

The first disc has the complete Baltimore concert from November 26th. DAC have utilized three different tape sources to complete the show. The first source runs from the beginning through to "Love In Vain". This source was previously released as Live In Baltimore 1969 & More (Moonlight Records ML 9637) and on the miss-named Live In Washington 1969 & More (Totonka). This source is very good being close to excellent. I'd rate it an eight out of ten. The second source picks up with "You Gotta Move" ("Prodigal Son" wasn't performed in this show) and goes to the end of "Honky Tonk Women". Previous releases using this include Baltimore 1969 on Digger (DP9305) and Devil's Discipline on Vinyl Gang (VGP-211). This source is just a notch below the first, perhaps a seven out of ten. A third incomplete source recently surfaced on the internet. It is significant since it contains the previously undocumented final song "Street Fighting Man". Some had speculated that this song wasn't even performed this evening, but now we know that it was. This source is only fair, however.

The edits between the sources are absolutely flawless. On the first two listens through I didn't even realize there were three sources at work, but only two (the third is very obvious). DAC must have worked the first two tape sources to be almost sonically similar, and the edits between them is hardly noticeable producing what has to be the definitive version of this show. It certainly deserves such treatment because it is miles above the earlier dates. "Love In Vain" was used for the official release. "Sympathy For The Devil" hits a classic groove that has Jagger getting carried away to throw in a bit of "Hey Jude". And "Under My Thumb" has a bit of "I'm Free" thrown in, a truely unique experience.

The second disc is another release of the second Boston show from November 29th, but this is a new tape source. Well You Heard About The Boston...Live 1969 on Exile (EXCD-038) and Have You Heard About The Boston on Scorpio were released almost simultaneously with the DAC. One collector has suggested that the other two releases failed to correct the problem with the tape source which ran too fast. But this release on DAC has corrected it and again, just like with the Baltimore tape, it is excellent sounding and complete and another excellent performance. Some Satanic Tour also has three photos, front, back and inside, from this very concert bringing you into the event.

A review from the press observed; "The turning point was their long, theatrical straight old Stones "Midnight Rambler". Against the impressive guitar work, Jagger sang and acted out the story of a rapist, with explosive contortions, down on the floor, taking off his belt, almost throwing the microphone into the crowd. And when it was over, the Stones had everyone in the audience digging them on their own terms. Then they whipped into some of their best songs: "Satisfaction", "Honky Tonk Women" and finally "Street Fighting Man". But not before Jagger had the house lights on so he could see his audience and exclaim (taunt?) 'Are you not beautiful!?'" This is one of the best Stones releases to come out recently and is a definite must own. (GS)

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 21:34

many thanks

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: January 16, 2010 21:48

Thank you very much drinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home