Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...156157158159160161162163164165166...LastNext
Current Page: 161 of 205
Re: Jimmy Page talks about jammin with Keith and Ronny, 1986
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 28, 2017 09:21

Moonshine
snorton
Could this have been in the correct time frame for to Dirty work?

He looks much better than he did during the ARMS benefits of 1983.

[www.youtube.com]

Seems pretty out of it, that's what a couple of days jammin with Keith and Ronnie does to a man.

please,we're all huge stones fans here but that's Jimmy fckng Page you're talking about.when it comes to playing or extra curricular activities he takes a backseat to no one.spending time with ronnie and keith was just another day/night at the office for him.

he obviously played a bunch of stuff and they patchworked one his amazing leads onto one hit,great job by steve lillywhite.

Date: March 28, 2017 09:30

He was being polite, or careful about second night. Once you hear "Mick was there" it a whole different take.

Date: March 28, 2017 09:52

yeah palace,the respect those guys show each other runs pretty deep.i read a thing around the time carl radle died and ronnie was upset about it and sort of deflected it to clapton [who wasn't there]saying something to the effect of "clapton was fckng proud of firing him" and starting to go off on eric-keith looked down at the interviewers tape recorder and said"watch yourself"

you can imagine mick showing up for the dirty work sessions changed the mood a bit.Page was probably saying"ah,great guys i have somewhere else to be,good luck"

Date: March 28, 2017 10:31

«It wasn't called I Don't Know, I just don't know»

Hehe, brilliant grinning smiley

Date: March 28, 2017 11:09

lem motlow
yeah palace,the respect those guys show each other runs pretty deep.i read a thing around the time carl radle died and ronnie was upset about it and sort of deflected it to clapton [who wasn't there]saying something to the effect of "clapton was fckng proud of firing him" and starting to go off on eric-keith looked down at the interviewers tape recorder and said"watch yourself"

you can imagine mick showing up for the dirty work sessions changed the mood a bit.Page was probably saying"ah,great guys i have somewhere else to be,good luck"

Haha...Jimmy has just strapped on his guitar, then sees Mick, and looks at his watch "Oh my, where does the time go?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 28, 2017 16:01

lem motlow

You just cracked me up and Page must have been thinking buzz kill ,time to go

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 28, 2017 20:42

Nice clips on YouTube. Enjoyed this thread.

I enjoy Jimmy's solo on "One Hit to the Body." It sounds like Jimmy doing a Keith style solo to me. On the 1989 tour Ron played the solo and I could hear Jimmy, Keith and Ron accents (styles) on the solo live.

One Hit is one song the Stones need to bring back live.

[www.youtube.com]
One Hit Live

Date: March 28, 2017 20:43

Mick Jagger, DWTS, Rolling Stones, Bruno Tonioli
May 6, 1986

Date: March 28, 2017 20:56

That is Bruno from DWTS ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 28, 2017 23:56

Moonshine

Seems pretty out of it, that's what a couple of days jammin with Keith and Ronnie does to a man.

He was so out of it he forgot to send the Stones an invoice for the (excellent) solo he put on "One Hit". Usually "Led wallet" Page gets paid for everything job he does. grinning smiley

I'm only half-joking here cause I remember reading a 1990's Page interview where he lamented the Stone didn't even pay him for his contribution to "Dirty Work".
Apparently the pain was still here... grinning smiley

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 29, 2017 01:31

had a listen to a 'demo' version on youtube - is this the same session/source as the 'official' one?

[www.youtube.com]

DW is territory i am v unfamiliar with outside of prob 1 play all the way thru many many moons ago

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 29, 2017 02:07

Very cool. Actually, I don't think he seems really stoned. He's quite clear and I just think it is his usual nervous manner in interviews. He is quirky, and seems very alert and clear.

Date: March 29, 2017 13:04

So , my ears are trying to pick out Jimmy Page's work and I think he does the fill and maybe the bridge going into the fill ? and depending the version or the demo but the solo at the end of the demo before it starts to fade ? Also if I remember correctly a interview Jimmy Page gave that he approached this in trying to somewhat mimic (not really the right term or phrase ) the sound of Ronnie and Keith ?

Date: March 29, 2017 13:23

TheGreek
So , my ears are trying to pick out Jimmy Page's work and I think he does the fill and maybe the bridge going into the fill ? and depending the version or the demo but the solo at the end of the demo before it starts to fade ? Also if I remember correctly a interview Jimmy Page gave that he approached this in trying to somewhat mimic (not really the right term or phrase ) the sound of Ronnie and Keith ?

Page's guitar is placed center in the soundscape. He plays licks throughout. His first solo starts at 2:27. His second solo starts at 4:06 (faded out in the promo video, but not on the album).

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Jimmy Page talks about jammin with Keith and Ronnie, 1986
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 29, 2017 14:15

"Ronny", seriously?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 29, 2017 14:57

great tour hair for sure....i dunno...One Hit sounds like something Jagger should have done solo...why did Keith even agree to do this one?

Date: March 29, 2017 16:58

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

Page's guitar is placed center in the soundscape. He plays licks throughout. His first solo starts at 2:27. His second solo starts at 4:06 (faded out in the promo video, but not on the album).

[www.youtube.com]
Thank you so much DP , because all these years I thought that was Ronnie on the fill and Jimmy Page on acoustic (one of them anyway because sounds like there is at least two)

Re: "YouTube" Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Date: March 29, 2017 16:58

Why was this moved to the you tube thread ? I just had to use the search to find this ?

Re: "YouTube" Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 29, 2017 17:08

Because the first post contained a YouTube clip.

Date: March 29, 2017 20:14

this thread reminded me of the time i saw them play one hit-the 3rd show of steel wheels.the setlist was unbelievable.

they did undercover,harlem shuffle,ruby tuesday,play with fire,dead flowers,one hit.little red rooster,2000 light years,paint it black and 3 songs from the new album and they killed it..

the whole thing sounded so great,theres a good bootleg of it and videos on you tube.it was one of the best shows i've ever seen the band do.

we really give the stones way too much shit,calling the stadium era the" vegas era" and all that.the sheer amount of songs and great shows i've seen them do since 89 is breathtaking when i look back on it.

YOUTUBE without no quotation marks
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 29, 2017 20:34

NICOS, This thread might be easier to find using the <search> function if you removed the quotation marks on "YouTube" on the first post of the thread...

The thread may not show up in the results when typing YOUTUBE into the <search> box -- which would be helpful -- because of the quotation marks in the first post's SUBJECT.

Re: YOUTUBE without no quotation marks
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 29, 2017 20:39

schillid
NICOS, This thread might be easier to find using the function if you removed the quotation marks on "YouTube" on the first post of the thread...

The thread may not show up in the results when typing YOUTUBE into the box -- which would be helpful -- because of the quotation marks in the first post's SUBJECT.

Thanks schillid I will change it when I'm home

Re: YouTube Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Date: March 29, 2017 23:49

[youtu.be]

Such an incredible solo.

Jamming with Stu 1982 Outtakes
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: April 3, 2017 01:03

hi,

new to me too...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Jamming with Stu 1982 Outtakes
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 3, 2017 01:45

17 years old boot.

Date: April 3, 2017 03:25

tHANKS!

live Kingdome, Seattle, WA (14 October 1981) [Pro-Shot] - complete
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: April 3, 2017 00:56

new to me, though the sound is awful ...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: live Kingdome, Seattle, WA (14 October 1981) [Pro-Shot] - complete
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 3, 2017 01:20

Very nice, does anyone know if there's a superior audio source for this concert, released on bootleg cd?

Date: April 6, 2017 23:59

Girls power..........................

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 7, 2017 01:08

18+

This one is new to me............................................

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...156157158159160161162163164165166...LastNext
Current Page: 161 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home