Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...137138139140141142143144145146147...LastNext
Current Page: 142 of 205
Re: "YouTube" Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: May 9, 2016 16:08

Prince tribute: Front Pages from 22.04.2016

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: "YouTube" Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 12, 2016 02:31

Play With Fire...........

[www.youtube.com]

Cool 1972 Footage
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 13, 2016 21:02

Footage from MSG plus some we've seen before...
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Cool 1972 Footage
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 14, 2016 09:45

New footage is always cool, but I want to see Bianca give me Mick a teddy bear on stage.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 14, 2016 13:41

Thanks for sharing

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: May 14, 2016 17:41

Nothing new about it. been around for years

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 14, 2016 21:33

Very cool footage. Thank you

Here's a few photos tagged as MSG 1972.

Date: May 14, 2016 22:38

Video - Stones in Philly 1981
Date: May 4, 2016 22:23

Found a fun little video about the kickoff of the 1981 Tour...
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Video - Stones in Philly 1981
Date: May 4, 2016 23:10

This taxi driver bugs me!

Date: May 4, 2016 23:12

exilestones
This taxi driver bugs me!

Yeah, but it's fun to see the clips of the show. Somewhere in that massive crowd, down right in front of the stage...is my 21 year old former self!

Date: May 4, 2016 23:16

Maybe I'm right next to you?

Date: May 4, 2016 23:24

exilestones
Maybe I'm right next to you?
Cool, thought I recognized you! winking smiley

Date: May 4, 2016 23:49

Then there's the show itself, which gets widely trashed as a disastrous gig. It had some cringe-worthy moments but I enjoyed most of it and it was a really good atmosphere...
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: May 5, 2016 00:02

I was at both shows down front in the masses. Age 28. Great set lists those two days. A bit sloppy at times but who cared. It was the tour kickoff and we were thrilled to have it in our home town. Still live in the area and attended over 90 shows through the years.

Here's another link to Black Limo from that gig. Great audio.

[www.youtube.com]

HBK

Date: May 5, 2016 00:08

HouseBoyKnows
I was at both shows down front in the masses. Age 28. Great set lists those two days. A bit sloppy at times but who cared. It was the tour kickoff and we were thrilled to have it in our home town. Still live in the area and attended over 90 shows through the years.

[www.youtube.com]

HBK
Cool - thanks for posting!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 5, 2016 00:42

An appearance of the cherry-picker from hell...

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 5, 2016 00:53

HouseBoyKnows

[www.youtube.com]

HBK

Translation. The music was weak but it was fun being there. Story of the 81 tour, I saw them the next day in Buffalo and while it was fun the Stones sucked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-05 00:54 by stanlove.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: May 5, 2016 01:04

Always wished I had been there, parents wouldn't let me as I was 12.Those were the days.

Date: May 5, 2016 02:03

stanlove
HouseBoyKnows

[www.youtube.com]

HBK

Translation. The music was weak but it was fun being there. Story of the 81 tour, I saw them the next day in Buffalo and while it was fun the Stones sucked.

Hardly the story of the 81 tour. It got off to a wobbly start but ultimately produced some of my favorite Stones music as affirmed on various bootlegs, Still Life, Hampton and the film Let's Spend The Night Together. It was one of my favorite tours...but to each their own...And - in my opinion it was sort of "The (classic) Rolling Stones" last tour. In 1989 they sort of came back as their own tribute / cover band; still very enjoyable but not the Stones of the glory days. For me the glory days of live Stones would be 1969 - 1982. Before they used safety nets...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-05 02:05 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 5, 2016 02:53

I saw Philly (2) age 13. Second concert ever. The Grateful Dead was first, age 12. Why on the God's green earth my parents let me go the Dead is astounding. I am the third of three sons and got away with murder.

eye popping smiley

Date: May 5, 2016 15:33

MileHigh
An appearance of the cherry-picker from hell...

The cherry-picker brought Jagger right over my head; closest I ever got to a famous rock-star type person.

Date: May 5, 2016 15:50

Just sampled some of audio of that 1st Philly show. Some of it was not as bad as people say. Had to laugh at the infamous Let It Bleed screw up and OMG - Street Fighting Man - gotta say that one was a debacle! And what the hell happened to the intro to Satisfaction? Gotta say that was bad...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-05 15:53 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Date: May 5, 2016 17:56

In hindsight it almost seems as if the two Philly shows were the dress rehearsals. Just look at the set lists and see how they evolved as they became more familiar with the new material and learned the best song order, like placing SMU in the big warhorse finish. Many songs were brand new or hadn't been played live since the 60's. Also in hindsight, it seems odd now to see an entire tour with no Happy, MR, GS or SFTD.

I saw 14 shows in 81 including the last two at Hampton and, although the set list became fairly rigid, those later shows were locked in a groove most of the time. Bill was in peak form, Keith as well, and Ronnie - a little tipsy at times - but usually right in the weave. Keith and Ronnie provided real back-up vox. Plus we had Mac and Stu on keys with Ernie Watts providing a nice jazz counterpoint, especially in jams like Neighbors or Imagination.

People who trash this tour maybe only saw the early shows or haven't really listened. Go back to the first 30 minutes of Hampton after they get the mix adjusted during UMT. That was a band on fire and certainly not the same band in Philly on opening day. All of this is nothing new to this board.

HBK

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 5, 2016 18:00

HouseBoyKnows
In hindsight it almost seems as if the two Philly shows were the dress rehearsals. Just look at the set lists and see how they evolved as they became more familiar with the new material and learned the best song order, like placing SMU in the big warhorse finish. Many songs were brand new or hadn't been played live since the 60's. Also in hindsight, it seems odd now to see an entire tour with no Happy, MR, GS or SFTD.

I saw 14 shows in 81 including the last two at Hampton and, although the set list became fairly rigid, those later shows were locked in a groove most of the time. Bill was in peak form, Keith as well, and Ronnie - a little tipsy at times - but usually right in the weave. Keith and Ronnie provided real back-up vox. Plus we had Mac and Stu on keys with Ernie Watts providing a nice jazz counterpoint, especially in jams like Neighbors or Imagination.

People who trash this tour maybe only saw the early shows or haven't really listened. Go back to the first 30 minutes of Hampton after they get the mix adjusted during UMT. That was a band on fire and certainly not the same band in Philly on opening day. All of this is nothing new to this board.

HBK

I trash it and go from what I saw and heard live, the opinion of everyone I know who saw the Syracuse and Buffalo shows, the movie LSTNT, the album still life, and the 1981 videos online where you can see the dead and underwhelmed crowds when the Stones play.

Date: May 5, 2016 18:21

stanlove
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

I trash it and go from what I saw and heard live, the opinion of everyone I know who saw the Syracuse and Buffalo shows, the movie LSTNT, the album still life, and the 1981 videos online where you can see the dead and underwhelmed crowds when the Stones play.

Agree. The sound at Syracuse was horrible if you weren't in the first 20 rows. Similar for other indoor stadiums. I certainly don't remember underwhelmed crowds. Check out the crowd shots in that Philly vid at the top of this thread.

There could be a similar conversation about 78, comparing dissappointing stadium shows to some of the smaller venues like the shows captured in Some Girls Live in Texas or the KBFH broadcasts.

Date: May 5, 2016 20:31

HouseBoyKnows

HBK

Agreed, and it was fascinating to see and hear the band evolve and get tighter from the sloppy beginnings into a tight rocking unit. 1981 remains one of my favorite tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-05 20:32 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: May 5, 2016 20:37

Was there for the 1st show in Philly & purchased the Philadelphia 1981 print.

Sloppy show but what did I know back then.

Hampton is one of my all time fav show of any band.

Take the safety net down!

Date: May 5, 2016 20:42

Chrism13 - "Take the safety net down!"

Indeed! The safety net (being Chuck, samples, horns, click tracks, etc.)-for me - is the difference between the classic Rolling Stones and the tribute band they became. Granted - the Stones are the BEST Stones tribute out there - I think - but it was more thrilling before 1989....

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 6, 2016 05:50

I kinda of like the sloppiness of the first two Philadelphia shows.
Kind of funny and a sign of the times: They spent SIX WEEKS rehearsing!
And look how it turned out.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...137138139140141142143144145146147...LastNext
Current Page: 142 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home