Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 205
Re: Coachella live stream on Youtube... so easy to do/see
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 16, 2018 02:48

35love
I am with you 100% on being able to see this next (last?, *sob) set of a mere 13-14 shows LIVE ON A STREAM PLEASE
(and I have a ticket to a show!)
Really, seeing Zipcode in person 1st show and then follow live every show thereafter changed my life. For the better, I’m not sure.... lol.
smileys with beer
The Zipper tour of 2015 was freekin amazing... every show had great streams and seeing several live shows... it was amazingly good times! Nothing has touched it since.

As far as the beyounce person... idk... I have no clue...
I have nothing nice to say about her, so I wont say much about her act... but it aint rock and it aint spectacular. It is more noise than music.

I dont know what the fk it is... and facts be known I dont know what most of these garbage acts are... I just dont get it. It all seems like boring elevator music.

I guess it is all about the vibe to goi along with what ever mellow drugs kids are doing these days.. they drop some tabs of what ever and then just hang out bro... yeah man mellow beats... go with vibe... flow with it...

It sure as hell aint AC/DC!!! or GnFknRoses!! or THE STONES!!!

It all seems like back ground music... so mellow... a bunch of crap

I just checked in on the Lion Babe thing and thought it must be rocking...
but nope... nerp ....nerrpin... nuttin at all. Just some pretty woman with huge hair (lion haor?)(is that the gimmick?) spinning around, la la la singin ( it reminds me of my nieces who walk around the house spinning around, la la la sing happy nonsense, but having fun as they do it) (my nieces actually la la better than the lion babe does) singing along to what appears to be.. idk... a freekin DJ spinning recorded sounds plus a guy on drums doing what ever he does... and that is it.

wtf? I dont get it. It is so boring I cant stand it.

Date: April 16, 2018 02:52

BUT... The stream sure works perfect!!
It is too bad what they are streaming is not worth watching/hearing

Date: April 16, 2018 03:10

now hold the phone!!

smiling smiley THERE IS SOME ROCKERS THERE!!! HOORAY!! I caught the tail end of "Nothing but Thieves" and those guys rocked out pretty good! I want to like new music, find new music, give new things a chance... I keep looking.

I know rock and roll will never die... hey hey my my! Just have to keep looking.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:01

Leveraging the huge and very powerful YouTube server backbone gives you three crystal-clear live HD video streams. It's really great, but the generational demographics are such that we have become like our parents scowling at the hippie performers on the Ed Sullivan Show.

Well, I am going to sample some of it on my 60" plasma TV and think about the Jetsons and Scottie and me.

I think Mick and the boys will get wind of this. Perhaps my final show at Royal Albert Hall fantasy will come true. And the second-best seat in the house will be in front of my TV.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:05

Do.not.diss.Beyonce.

Date: April 16, 2018 04:20

35love
Do.not.diss.Beyonce.

You have got to be kidding.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 16, 2018 05:11

MileHigh
Leveraging the huge and very powerful YouTube server backbone gives you three crystal-clear live HD video streams. It's really great, but the generational demographics are such that we have become like our parents scowling at the hippie performers on the Ed Sullivan Show.

Well, I am going to sample some of it on my 60" plasma TV and think about the Jetsons and Scottie and me.

I think Mick and the boys will get wind of this. Perhaps my final show at Royal Albert Hall fantasy will come true. And the second-best seat in the house will be in front of my TV.

They know. They just don't want too much UNFILTERED content easily available.

Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, etc have played these festivals and blocked the webcasts. There is a completely different mindset among younger bands than back in the day when bands made their living hawking physical content and praying for radio play with every release.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 16, 2018 05:17

Leonioid

And of course these bands barely resemble the bands the kids listened to way back when.

All these rants could have just sufficed with "I'm old"

but nope... nerp ....nerrpin... nuttin at all. Just some pretty woman with huge hair (lion haor?)(is that the gimmick?) spinning around, la la la singin ( it reminds me of my nieces who walk around the house spinning around, la la la sing happy nonsense, but having fun as they do it) (my nieces actually la la better than the lion babe does) singing along to what appears to be.. idk... a freekin DJ spinning recorded sounds plus a guy on drums doing what ever he does... and that is it.

That hair is @#$%& awesome! I just wanted to see what that looked like live. Wish I had a video rip to put it on the big screen. Hopefully there is a regular LA show coming up.

Date: April 16, 2018 05:39

Dan
Leonioid

And of course these bands barely resemble the bands the kids listened to way back when.

All these rants could have just sufficed with "I'm old"

That hair is @#$%& awesome! I just wanted to see what that looked like live. Wish I had a video rip to put it on the big screen. Hopefully there is a regular LA show coming up.

All your BS could have just sufficed with "I'm an insane clown posse fan" lmao

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 05:49 by Leonioid.

Date: April 16, 2018 05:41

Found another bunch of rockers... band named FIDLAR. [www.youtube.com] right now

Of course they have to toss in some mellow weird bridges...but then they rock out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 05:47 by Leonioid.

Date: April 16, 2018 06:52

Leonioid
35love
Do.not.diss.Beyonce.

Dude I’m not. I respect her. And the 2003 album ‘Crazy In Love’ I had a blast with @ the time Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 16, 2018 08:32

Leonioid
now hold the phone!!

smiling smiley THERE IS SOME ROCKERS THERE!!! HOORAY!! I caught the tail end of "Nothing but Thieves" and those guys rocked out pretty good! I want to like new music, find new music, give new things a chance... I keep looking.

I know rock and roll will never die... hey hey my my! Just have to keep looking.

Oh please. These sentences are so boring and cliched.

I am so thankful that I’m not stuck in a restrictive and pathetic mindset such as this.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 16, 2018 09:04

Leonioid

Thank god for that.

Date: April 16, 2018 09:24

And as this thing winds down it looks like all 3 channels are rap crap noise... what a bunch of garbage.

But the point of the thread to comment on how amazing Youtube's streaming of this event was, truly remarkable.
Great job Youtube and who ever created and was running the infrastructure of the streams.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 16, 2018 21:15

35love
Leonioid
35love
Do.not.diss.Beyonce.

Dude I’m not. I respect her. And the 2003 album ‘Crazy In Love’ I had a blast with @ the time Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh, no, no

You go girl! The chains of political correctness exist everywhere but they only exist if you let people make you believe they exist.

The immortal words of Bob Dylan:

And the words that are used
For to get the ship confused
Will not be understood as they're spoken
For the chains of the sea
Will have busted in the night
And will be buried at the bottom of the ocean

Date: April 17, 2018 04:10

Date: April 17, 2018 04:14

Date: April 17, 2018 04:26

Leonioid
[www.youtube.com]

Wow. I’m gonna spin a few AC/DC in honor.
I was looking for the Coach hella thread for my last barb
How frickin weird is it they repeat with a 2nd weekend?
It’s weird.
Let’s rock cool smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 17, 2018 04:28

Re: YouTube Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Date: April 17, 2018 04:29

Highway to Hell River Plate eye popping smileym
[m.youtube.com]

Date: April 17, 2018 05:14

Cristiano Radtke

I remember that very well. cool smiley
smileys with beer

Re: YouTube Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Date: April 17, 2018 05:15

35love
Highway to Hell River Plate eye popping smileym
[m.youtube.com]
smoking smileysmileys with beer

OT: Winwood and Capaldi Kill It
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 16, 2018 15:34

Somewhere in the mid-1990's on a reunion tour that had Traffic opening for The Grateful Dead- an amazing performance that shows plenty of gas left in the tank...sorry I passed on this tour when it came to the DC area.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Winwood and Capaldi Kill It
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 16, 2018 17:07

Wow. Just a beautiful rendition of my fave Traffic song. Saw them live a couple of times back in the early 70s. Still love their music. Thanks for the post.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2018 19:16

That was fantastic!
I saw a Traffic reunion show at the now defunct Universal Ampitheater in '94, and they were the headliners - no sign of the Dead!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 16, 2018 19:18

Hairball
That was fantastic!
I saw a Traffic reunion show at the now defunct Universal Ampitheater in '94, and they were the headliners - no sign of the Dead!

I was there too, one of my Rock n Roll miracles, bought tickets 24 hours before the show at face value, got 7th row. Must have been an unclaimed VIP ticket.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2018 19:41

BluzDude
Hairball
That was fantastic!

I was there too, one of my Rock n Roll miracles, bought tickets 24 hours before the show at face value, got 7th row. Must have been an unclaimed VIP ticket.

Considering how big L.A. is BluzDude, it's a small world after all.winking smiley

That was a great venue, and I saw many great shows there - from Clapton to Jethro Tull to Neil Young to Stevie Ray Vaughan to Roger Waters to David Gilmour to Traffic...on and on....a shame they closed it down.
I'm sure you have a pretty nice list of shows you saw there also!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 16, 2018 19:53

Hairball
BluzDude
Hairball
That was fantastic!

Considering how big L.A. is BluzDude, it's a small world after all.winking smiley

That was a great venue, and I saw many great shows there - from Clapton to Jethro Tull to Neil Young to Stevie Ray Vaughan to Roger Waters to David Gilmour to Traffic...on and on....a shame they closed it down.
I'm sure you have a pretty nice list of shows you saw there also!

Yes, it goes back to when they were an open air theater. I saw David Bowie there in the mid 70's, the Diamond Dogs tour. I also saw the Beach Boys there in the 70's. Didn't see the other shows there you mentioned, but I have seen my share of concerts there including several KROQ Almost acoustical Xmas concerts.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 17, 2018 15:32

Steve, with his daughter Lilly joining him on the harmonies, is actually performing "John Barleycorn" on his current tour. If I'm not mistaken, it's the first time he's played it since the '94 Traffic tour.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-17 15:37 by tatters.

Trumpet Player Disagrees with Bernstein in Rehearsal
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 23, 2018 20:52

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home