Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...169170171172173174175176177178179...LastNext
Current Page: 174 of 205
Re: Fergie - Start Me Up
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 2, 2017 07:29

Nice, remember when she and the Peas opened in Boston '05

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 2, 2017 09:30

Looking at her is pure joy and pleasure but better switch off volume. Aweful version

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 2, 2017 14:59

She's nice, but this version is pure crap. Horrible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 14:59 by bobo.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 2, 2017 15:24

Stat-me-upp-a...................

Beyond horrible.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 2, 2017 15:27

I've pleasured myself to her more times than I can count. A spectacular woman.

Date: November 2, 2017 15:46

Man...that chick is smokein hot

Shadoooooobiiieeeeeeee

Date: November 2, 2017 15:58

Ouch, that was bad!! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:01

It looks like a parody, yet I am afraid it is not.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:07

man, and our boys get criticized for their turgid pace these days..

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:30

The band is not that bad, it's the singing that lets it down. Maybe if she tried singing with her asscheeks?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:38

Wow thats so bad

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 2, 2017 17:43

I’m not certain English is even her second language....?

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 3, 2017 00:29

That might be the worst thing I've ever heard.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 3, 2017 01:07

Farkin bloody arful mate.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 3, 2017 01:16

Fergie straddles different genres. She does the "rock chick" thing and then she does rap/hip-hop and whatever the Black Eyed Peas do. The Black Eyed Peas probably have one of the worst songs of all time, "Lady Bumps." And there is a very esexy clip by Fergie called MILF$ that may as well be Nicki Minaj in the clip. It's one of those "songs" that you can barely call a song.

Fergie.... great legs and????

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 3, 2017 01:22

Any body have that pic were she wets her paints on stage? Class act...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 3, 2017 18:30

Cooltoplady
Any body have that pic were she wets her paints on stage? Class act...
So true and when I seen the title of this thread that was exactly what I thought .

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: November 3, 2017 18:59

Youtube: Fergalicious
This is from her accident on stage.
But her attempt to sing Start me up was more like an accident to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 19:00 by Tekumseh.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 4, 2017 04:01

That version of "Start me Up" is not memoable. What she did years ago with Slash is :

[youtu.be]

Rockand roll,
Mops

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 4, 2017 08:59

Horrible version

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 4, 2017 09:35

For this one, she should have been singing Shut Me Up

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: November 4, 2017 12:12

Wearing a push up bra and showing lots of ass is not substitute for the extremely awful way she "sings".thumbs down
Some people should be forbidden to cover famous songs...
Ruediger

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 4, 2017 12:58

Hahaha! This is horrible, but looking at her face, she realy thinks she's doing something very special.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: November 4, 2017 13:29

Not good!!! sad smiley This is nothing like the version of Gimme Shelter she did with Jagger and U2. That was a really good one....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2017 02:55

Ruediger
Wearing a push up bra and showing lots of ass is not substitute for the extremely awful way she "sings".thumbs down
Some people should be forbidden to cover famous songs...
Ruediger

you're of course correct however she does give it the old college try...not with the vocals, but with the outfit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-05 19:36 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 5, 2017 14:41

I'll agree with the folks here, that's simply awful...

It is true that many Stones rockers are pretty hard to cover, but I think "Start Me Up" particularly is almost a mission possible to do by sounding convincing. I mean, with things like "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or "Satisfaction" or "Brown Sugar" surely it is hard to swing like the Stones, but usually, since the songs elementarily are just so damn good, even the versions still sound rather good, if one manages to hit a bit to the right direction.

But "Start Me Up" is altogether such an odd and terrible case that trying to 'rock' in a Stonesian way, as Fergie and his band does there, without sounding like a parody, like windmelody mentioned. The song as a song is such a raw Stonesian deal, so plain simple and trusting probably more than any other song ever on the idiosyncratic sound of the band (and of their different members). I mean, not just Jagger's shouting vocals/lyrics, but the way the whole band fools around around the signature keithrichardsian Open G riff. I think the Stones themselves treated the song initially as a some kind of joke or a self-parody, them just fooling around with their trademark things, with no much 'thought' (just look at the video of it to get it...). But as is sometimes with this band, the stars just happened to be in a right order and the result was simply irrestible and instant classic (though it took some years to relaese it..).

But I also think that even for them, "Start Me Up" was a kind 'once in a life time' deal, and if they even try to copy its basic receipt they will not success easily again. I think they have since then tried to re-create a song based solely on their their trademark sound (probably even too many times), but not with such inspired and despite being so shamessly pastishe-like in many ways, still authentic and original-sounding results. My two-cent theory is that they succeeded with "Start Me Up" back then, because still at the time trying to sound like the Stones wasn't any creative priority for them, but more like a thing to avoid (the song sounds like born very spontaniusly). For that reason, I partly also think that they left it out of SOME GIRLS, because with that album they wanted to sound more contemporary and and re-invented.

I would go far as to claim that "Start Me Up" is more than any song of theirs today a 'signature song' - or, if one likes, a text book example - of the Rolling Stones sound. And the text book should also add a warning: 'don't even think to try this at home...'

But still, probably one could do a bit better than what Fergie and her band does here... She probably tries to trick her way through, but c'mon, every damn singer would be in a damn trouble in getting something sensible out of that 'melody' and lyrics... Only one gets away with it...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-05 15:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 5, 2017 14:45

MileHigh
Farkin bloody arful mate.

Easy on, Liam - don't get your panties completely in a twist...
I'm sure you'd hate it even more if ya brother Noel had been playing on this. smoking smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 5, 2017 19:25

Horrible. Just like that joker Jon Bon Jokie's version

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2017 19:38

Doxa
I'll agree with the folks here, that's simply awful...

It is true that many Stones rockers are pretty hard to cover, but I think "Start Me Up" particularly is almost a mission possible to do by sounding convincing. I mean, with things like "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or "Satisfaction" or "Brown Sugar" surely it is hard to swing like the Stones, but usually, since the songs elementarily are just so damn good, even the versions still sound rather good, if one manages to hit a bit to the right direction.

But "Start Me Up" is altogether such an odd and terrible case that trying to 'rock' in a Stonesian way, as Fergie and his band does there, without sounding like a parody, like windmelody mentioned. The song as a song is such a raw Stonesian deal, so plain simple and trusting probably more than any other song ever on the idiosyncratic sound of the band (and of their different members). I mean, not just Jagger's shouting vocals/lyrics, but the way the whole band fools around around the signature keithrichardsian Open G riff. I think the Stones themselves treated the song initially as a some kind of joke or a self-parody, them just fooling around with their trademark things, with no much 'thought' (just look at the video of it to get it...). But as is sometimes with this band, the stars just happened to be in a right order and the result was simply irrestible and instant classic (though it took some years to relaese it..).

But I also think that even for them, "Start Me Up" was a kind 'once in a life time' deal, and if they even try to copy its basic receipt they will not success easily again. I think they have since then tried to re-create a song based solely on their their trademark sound (probably even too many times), but not with such inspired and despite being so shamessly pastishe-like in many ways, still authentic and original-sounding results. My two-cent theory is that they succeeded with "Start Me Up" back then, because still at the time trying to sound like the Stones wasn't any creative priority for them, but more like a thing to avoid (the song sounds like born very spontaniusly). For that reason, I partly also think that they left it out of SOME GIRLS, because with that album they wanted to sound more contemporary and and re-invented.

I would go far as to claim that "Start Me Up" is more than any song of theirs today a 'signature song' - or, if one likes, a text book example - of the Rolling Stones sound. And the text book should also add a warning: 'don't even think to try this at home...'

But still, probably one could do a bit better than what Fergie and her band does here... She probably tries to trick her way through, but c'mon, every damn singer would be in a damn trouble in getting something sensible out of that 'melody' and lyrics... Only one gets away with it...grinning smiley

- Doxa

why can't i just 'like' this post. ok, here comes the emoticon...smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 5, 2017 19:38

Last I heard of Fergie was when she peed her pants on stage.

Aside from the horrendous vocals, the band does a decent job here...I'd say equivalent to current versions by the Stones themselves, maybe even better.
If you were to dub Mick's vocals over it, and listen without knowing who the band is, it would probably get plenty of praise even from the most diehard fans.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...169170171172173174175176177178179...LastNext
Current Page: 174 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home