Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

lars stupidity!?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 27, 2008 14:52

Oh my, these people are unbelievably stupid!!

[www.createforum.com]

They fail to find pics of Keith playing the maton, despite the fact they have plundered various photo threads here, mines especially.

Brain shown playing the maton = he played the GS intro!?!? LOL!

[www.createforum.com]

They think Brian was only edited out for the DVD release, missing that even on the bootleg his guitar is still quiet and that there are acoustic guitar overdubs etc.

eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-28 00:39 by His Majesty.

Re: lars!?
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 27, 2008 15:38

They are WAY off, we all know that the GS intro was Ry Cooder playing Bill Wyman's idea!

C

Re: lars stupidity!?
Date: November 28, 2008 00:41

Jeez, these people, it gets worse the more they post!!!

This guy has no clue!

Roland:

''Cheers Laz for finding and sharing the bootleg with us.

Unfortunately, that version of Jumping Jack Flash isn't from the Circus, but rather from the 1968 NME Poll Winners show, where they performed JJF and Satisfaction . That same version of JJF is also used in the '68 promo video, where they're wearking make-up and miming to the song. On this version of the song, you can clearly hear Brian's lead high notes and fills.

But for the other songs from the bootleg, you can clearly hear Brian. Just like Kevin mentioned, his playing and timing is perfect, playing all of the correct chords and notes. You can hear his rhythm guitar compliment Keith's lead on Parachute Woman , as well as acoustic rhythm on YCAGWYW , with Nicky Hopkins on piano. It's perplexing that rock "journalists" and others have attempted to spin Brian at the Circus as out of it and unable to play.''

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 28, 2008 01:57

Thought this was a post about the guy from Mettallica? Isn't his name Lars?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 28, 2008 13:15

Heh, I checked the site and found that I am not banned anymore: I got a free access.

Anyway, they had the policy of cleaning out the opposition or any kind of critical discussion (unless is concerns the Evil Mick&Keith, but surely not Saint Brian). I know. Been there. For years.

I think the term 'stupidity' is not enough to describe the nature of the contribution to be found in that 'wycked world of Brian Jones Fans' (There are several of them - and all of them in war and hating each other even more than The Glimmer Twins). Just look at the following one and judge yourself:

"Why I like the film "Gimme Shelter"

I have seen this film many times and it is quite tragic what happens to the audience and the Jefferson Airplane and many others, but there are 2 parts I like. One is where someone comes up to Mick and punches him in the face and says "I hate you, you f***!" and where someone tries to kill Mick, but unfortuately gets stabbed to death. The tragedy is that The Stones actually got away with this., And all that movie did was make them even more popular. They were responsible for the Hell's Angels being there. I dont think Brian would have tolerated any of it. Their South American witchcraft must be terribly powerful. I just had to say this. Thanks for listening.
Peace,
B-"

"Peace"???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-28 13:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 28, 2008 19:00

whitem8
Thought this was a post about the guy from Mettallica? Isn't his name Lars?

Exactly what I thought. Who's Lars?

Date: November 29, 2008 13:34

lars = like a rolling stone.

It's a forum for the most anal worshipping Brian fans you'll ever have the misfortune to meet. Seems like every post is taken with the view that Brian did no wrong/played everything whilst Mick and Keith are total scum of the earth who did nothing but try to get rid of Brian.

Read this thread, Jesus H Christ, aside from the posts by Rooster, every post comes across in such a simple minded way that I often wonder if the forum isn't one giant piss take!?

[www.createforum.com]

I am a big Brian Jones fan, I don;t really care what he was like as a person, I'm a fan of the musician. These people seem so blind to so many things relating to the stones and Brian in particular, their ignorance is startling!

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: November 29, 2008 16:25

His Majesty
lars = like a rolling stone.

It's a forum for the most anal worshipping Brian fans you'll ever have the misfortune to meet. Seems like every post is taken with the view that Brian did no wrong/played everything whilst Mick and Keith are total scum of the earth who did nothing but try to get rid of Brian.

Read this thread, Jesus H Christ, aside from the posts by Rooster, every post comes across in such a simple minded way that I often wonder if the forum isn't one giant piss take!?

[www.createforum.com]

I am a big Brian Jones fan, I don;t really care what he was like as a person, I'm a fan of the musician. These people seem so blind to so many things relating to the stones and Brian in particular, their ignorance is startling!

I've posted on LARS for years, although I haven't in a long while. There was a time about 5-6 years ago that LARS was a really interesting place and there was a whole bunch of insightful musicians posting there. Lately, there's been way too much discussion about his death and I agree that much of the threads are stupid. Too bad. Anyway, HM, you always claim to be a 'big Brian Jones fan', but you seem too keen on discrediting Brian as a musician at every turn. I understand that finding the truth about things is important and I'm all for that, but you appear too often to go out of your way to go to bat for Keith. Every time there's some discussion about whether Brian or Keith played a certain part in a song, whether it be guitar, mellotron, cello, etc., you always seem to side with Keith. You immediately discount any beliefs to the contrary. And you say you don't care what Brian was like as a person, but then a couple weeks ago, you directly questioned whether I'd be so loyal to Brian if he had 'physically abused my sister' or something to that effect. So, it seems you do care about Brian's character and assassinate it whenever it's to your convenience. I find you to be no fan of Brian Jones at all.

Date: November 29, 2008 17:16

If it seems most likely that Brian didn't play something I see no point in saying he did.

If I think it's most likely Keith playing the mellotron for the intro to the satanic jam or that the session discs strongly suggest that Nicky played mellotron on Citadel, then it would be stupid for me to say it's Brian. I thought those parts were played by Brian for years, but those session discs seem to reveal that is not the case!

I spend a lot of time and money buying up and searching through many old mags,papers etc etc looking for direct evidence about who played what. These things in tandem with comparative analysis of known/acknowledged contributions helps to paint a clearer picture of who played what.

I've found a direct comment about Brian playing on Child of the Moon from 1968, thus something I have always thought to be right seems much much more likely. So Here I am saying Brian most likely played the soprano saxophone on Child of the Moon.

Look at my analysis of Beggars Banquet:

[www.iorr.org]

Does that look like I'm trying to play down Brian's contributions? Most if not all books make it seem like he only played on 1 or 2 tracks, but my research and analysis makes me believe he actually played on about 8 of the 10 album tracks.

Brian's musicianship has been a big influence on me so much so that I've spent years working out many of his parts, he was the reason I took up sitar, sax, recorder etc. Seems to me he had some very questionable ways, not someone I would probably want to spend a lot of time around, when I say I don't care about what he was like, I mean whether he was a 'c**t or not doesn't affect my appreciation of his musicianship.

I am a huge fan of The Rolling Stones 1963 - 1969, thus this makes me a fan of Brian Jones, I don't see them as separate things!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-29 17:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: November 29, 2008 18:07

Doxa
Heh, I checked the site and found that I am not banned anymore: I got a free access.

Anyway, they had the policy of cleaning out the opposition or any kind of critical discussion (unless is concerns the Evil Mick&Keith, but surely not Saint Brian). I know. Been there. For years.

I think the term 'stupidity' is not enough to describe the nature of the contribution to be found in that 'wycked world of Brian Jones Fans' (There are several of them - and all of them in war and hating each other even more than The Glimmer Twins).

Gimme a break, Doxa. If LARS is so stupid, then why did you post there for so many years as you say? You were a good contributor there, but a couple guys argued with you and you run off with your tail in between the legs. I don't think you were banned.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 29, 2008 19:06

neptune
Doxa

I think the term 'stupidity' is not enough to describe the nature of the contribution to be found in that 'wycked world of Brian Jones Fans' (There are several of them - and all of them in war and hating each other even more than The Glimmer Twins).

Gimme a break, Doxa. If LARS is so stupid, then why did you post there for so many years as you say? You were a good contributor there, but a couple guys argued with you and you run off with your tail in between the legs. I don't think you were banned.

I cant speak for Doxa, but sometimes it takes a while to realize that certain places are no good for serious discussion. I mean DISCUSSION, not hostile arguing!!!

those people at LARS are so narrow-minded that one sooner or later realizes that posting there is a waste of time.

after all, a lot of things concerning Brians contributions or non-contributions are guesswork. nobody was actually present at the time back in the old 60s, but those LARS people mostly dont discuss, they DICTATE their opinions as the "truth". and if you have a different opinion on certain subjects, they treat you like an idiot. a waste of time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-29 19:08 by alimente.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 29, 2008 19:11

neptune

I was there for years and enjoyed a lot and learnt a lot. There was some really interesting discussions - for example - Mock Jogger's throroughoing and detailed analysis and arguments (even though I did not usually agree with him). But the constant feature I couldn't cope with - even I tried for a long time - was that idiot anti-Mick/Keith propaganda that seemed to be a kind of occult religion and beyond any sense. Well, there were some childish guys with bad manners there along the years with whom I had some arguments but that was mostly fun and no important. Because of them I did not "run off with the tail in between the legs". In fact, they stopped posting there before me. I finally get tired of the anti-Stones atmopshere I find unbearable and impossible to have any constructive, truth-seeking discussion. I am not THAT KIND of Brian Jones fan so I didn't find it sensible to stick around any longer (plus I find that negativity very unhealthy). Why I try to spoil the party with my 'pro-Mick and Keith' talks? I just stopped posting. I still kept the eye on there, if something new and interesting happens, but didn't feel any need to contribute.

Then about a half a year later they made this new multi-moderated, not open version of the LARS. Funny thing happened: I couldn't even read the new forum because I was "banned", like some other non-orthodoxical Brian Jones fans as well - some of them contribute in Brian Censored from Our Minds forum (the place to continue sophisticated Brian Jones discussion if one is interested in that kind of thing, like His Majesty is, and myself sometimes). I find that ridiculous and childish and couldn't really believe my eyes, but banned I was! Funny thing was that I had already moderated myself... Anyway, the ban seemed to be over now - and I got a chance to read what's going on there. Well, what I saw now was unbelievable - all kind crazy claims were thrown without any kind of critical discussion (of course, because the 'opposition' was shot down). The result is the kind of silly things His Majesty brought here. I think the question is nothing to do with the 'truth' or 'doing justice for Brian' - but having this little own fantasy world of True Believers. I pity the poor Brian Jones and his legacy (and what's going at LARS seems only to be a little indication of all the mess that happens in Brian Jones fan business: all the fan club 'wars', private death investigations, people taking 'sides'... it's quite incredible try to understand from 'outside'.)

But that's just my observation.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-29 20:41 by Doxa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home