Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Richards guitar tone on SFM, Get Yer Ya Yas
Date: November 26, 2008 00:26

Listening to Get Yer Ya Yas Out, and it's really cool how Keith's guitar tone on Street Fighting Man gradually goes to somewhat clean (at the beginning of the song) to downright nasty by the end. I've never really thought of him as one to be fooling with his volume & tone onstage, but he obviously was here...killer.

Re: Richards guitar tone on SFM, Get Yer Ya Yas
Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: November 26, 2008 00:31

Yeah.. not only that.. he uses the volume knob on his Tele's all the time to the right tone.

I'm a fan of that too. People have expensive amps, a whole row of stomp boxes, the most expensive guitar.. yet they don't use the volume and tone knobs. Together with the pick-up selector.. they're the fundamentals of your tone.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: November 26, 2008 00:33

No better Guitars anywhere. Simply stunning. You should hear it on the acetate. It'll rattle yer fillings loose.

JR

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 26, 2008 01:26

just for reference, did Keith use anything other than Gibsons and the acrylic guitar on the 69 tour?( well, I mean on the electric songs!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-26 01:28 by scottkeef.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 26, 2008 09:02

SyracuseStonesFan
Listening to Get Yer Ya Yas Out, and it's really cool how Keith's guitar tone on Street Fighting Man gradually goes to somewhat clean (at the beginning of the song) to downright nasty by the end. I've never really thought of him as one to be fooling with his volume & tone onstage, but he obviously was here...killer.

He did keep turning up the volume over the coarse of a gig, and Ian Stewart complained about this in Stanley Booth's book. According to Stewart Keith was too loud, and he kept blowing up amps.

Concerning guitars: he used his LP Custom and Taylor's '59 LP in open G and a Ampeg Dan Armstrong and a Gibson ES 355 in standard tuning. Everytime he changed guitar he turned the SVT amp to stand-bye (as can be seen right after JJF in the Gimme Shelter movie).

Mathijs

Mathijs

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 26, 2008 12:13

He turns up the volume in the pause between the intro and verse on SFM. Definitely one of the best live versions.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 26, 2008 14:39

Mathijs
He did keep turning up the volume over the coarse of a gig, and Ian Stewart complained about this in Stanley Booth's book. According to Stewart Keith was too loud, and he kept blowing up amps.
Mathijs

There's a bit in the Stanley Booth book when they are rehearsing, and Keith is playing at ear-splitting volume, then decides to turn his amp down..."Bit loud, that was"...!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home