Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones - Madison Sq Garden 72 DVD
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 19, 2008 17:18

Nearly fell off my stool when I heard about this. Apparently a 2 DVD-R set is doing the rounds of The Stones at Madison Sq Garden in 72. Apparently it comes from Japan and is ltd to 250 copies. I'm hoping to get some information soon. Anybody here know anything about it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-19 18:10 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Stones - Madison Sq Garden 72 DVD
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 19, 2008 17:33

News to me! Could you say where you heard about? I can check a few sites in Japan in the meanwhile. Doumo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-19 20:59 by ChrisM.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 19, 2008 17:47

Yeah! More info anyone!
If this is true it needs liberating, spreading all across every major boot torrent site for everyone to see.

Date: November 19, 2008 17:52

It's from a friend who has contact with Japanese collectors. If anyone knows any Japanese sites/dealers they should check. Apparently it's on Idol Mind Productions. Disc 2 is the regular Dick Cavett show. I don't know if it's a private film or footage shot by the Dick Cavett crew that wasn't used. Whatever it is it will probably be the most eagerly anticipated Stones footage for years. Will post more once I find out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-19 18:02 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 19, 2008 17:58

I saw an advertisement for this as well, and I didn't even consider it be anything else than the super 8 footage which allready circulates from MSG....as shared on Rocks Off, a few years ago.
IMP probably "dubbed it correctly" though....with the audience recordings.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 19, 2008 17:59

I hope this is true but its hard to get excited seeing how many times we have thought it wwas close to being leaking somewhere. Is there anyway to contact Idol Mind Productions?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: November 19, 2008 18:18

I´ll believe it when I see it.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 19, 2008 18:20

Wow! If it is the pro shot footage, that would be something!

I have an Idol Mind Productions DVD of Cologne '73. It is shaky, low definition Super 8 audience footage. What's their track record like with other releases?

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 19, 2008 18:22

Tornandfrayed
I´ll believe it when I see it.

Same here.

Date: November 19, 2008 18:38

I have a hunch Erik might be right about it being super 8mm footage. Will report back when I found out more.

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: November 19, 2008 22:31

This is not the same as '' Ladies and Gentlemen 1972 ?.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: November 19, 2008 22:40

Yeah, I assumed it was the super-8 footage as well. I'm sure if it was new, uncirculated pro-shot footage they would have trumpeted that in the description of the release.

Date: November 20, 2008 13:13

Finally got a track listing for this double DVD set. Erik or anyone else in the know, perhaps you can tell us if this is the same audience shot film as was posted here a few years ago.

ROLLING STONES,THE 2DVD-R MADISON SQUARE GARDEN 1972 - IDOL MIND PRODUCTION

DISC-1 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN 1972 SOUND SYNCHRONIZED IMP Original Edition with Japanese Subtitles
01. Opening
02. Brown Sugar
03. Bitch
04. Rocks Off
05. Happy
06. Tumbling Dice
07. Sweet Virginia
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want
09. All Down The Line
10. Midnight Rambler
11. Bye Bye Johnny
12. Rip This Joint
13. Jumping Jack Flash
14. Street Fighting Man

THE REST OF M.S.G. 1972
IMP Original Edition of SOUND SYNCHRONIZED with Japanese Subtitles
01. Opening – Happy
02. Street Fighting Man

M.S.G. & MORE 1972 - Multicam Compilation
IMP Original Edition with Japanese Subtitles
01. Opening
02. Brown Sugar
03. Happy
04. All Down The Line
05. Street Fighting Man
06. Uptight – Satisfaction

DISC-2 DICK CAVETT SHOW '72 - Complete RS Version IMP Original Edition with Japanese Subtitles
01. Title
02. Opening M.C.
03. CM in 1972 #1
04. Interview with Fans
05. CM in 1972 #2
06. Backstage Interview with Mick Jagger
07. CM in 1972 #3
08. Interview with Bill Wyman
09. CM in 1972 #4
10. Interview with Mick Jagger
11. CM in 1972 #5
12. Backstage
13. Brown Sugar (Live)
14. CM in 1972 #6
15. Ending M.C.
16. Street Fighting Man (Live)
17. CM in 1972 #7
18. Ending

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 20, 2008 13:32

If this is the correct setlist , it's not the L&G. Rocks Off was not included.
Strange, Utight Satisfaction
is not included in the Disc One. Could it be a compilation of the three shows?

Date: November 20, 2008 13:41

No, it's definitely not Ladies and Gentlemen as that was recorded at Fort Worth and Houston, Texas.

Date: November 20, 2008 13:46

When truncated versions of the pro shot MSG footage appeared on the officially released Dick Cavett show DVD a few years back, I emailed the production to ask if they had access to the full pro-shot show. They wouldn't confirm or deny its existence...which sounded like yes to me. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking?!

Date: November 20, 2008 14:02

Bless you Father for raising our hopes. And what about the rest of the footage shot for Ladies and Gentlemen? What did Rollin Binzer/Marshall Chess do with it. They obviuously shot more but where is it and has anyone on this site ever seen it? By the way, here's a great site for info about the Stones 72/73 tours.

[stoneslib.homestead.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-20 14:43 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 20, 2008 14:21

Silver, may I know where did you get the track listing? can you give us the link?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: November 20, 2008 14:28

Setlist-wise, disc 1 looks like a full show and it can´t be L&G. The silent super 8 footage of the 07/25 evening show that is cirulating is fragments of only a couple of songs (ca. 20 mins total) and not really release-worthy material that could fill 2 discs.

Keep us posted!

Date: November 20, 2008 14:30

That 72/73 site looks like a great resource, thanks for posting Silver Dagger!

re L&G - at least two entire shows must have been originally filmed as L&G cuts between them. The question is whether the raw footage was preserved or disposed of. Presumably Robert Frank also filmed a show to get the live footage for CS Blues? So there is the possibility that much more exists. Maybe a wise man had the foresight to keep it safe.

Anyhoo, fingers crossed that this MSG DVD will be pro shot. Please God, its been a crappy year. Bring a smile to all the faces of these good people by releasing the pro shot MSG footage from 1972 in time for Chrstmas. Amen ;-)

Date: November 20, 2008 14:46

straycat58
Silver, may I know where did you get the track listing? can you give us the link?

I can't as it's illegal and I don't want to incriminate anyone. Suffice to say that if anyone has connections with Japanese dealers then ask them. I gather it's on sale in Japan but limited to 250 copies so you'll have to be quick. Hopefully somebody on this site will get one and post it on Hot Stuff.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 20, 2008 14:51

I wonder what the sound is like for this DVD, but there is the existance of the MSG 72 soundboard bootleg sometimes known as Welcome To New York, which has excellent stereo sound. Perhaps this could be sync'ed with the video.... would be weird as there's almost no audience noise.

Silver Dagger
Hopefully somebody on this site will get one and post it on Hot Stuff.

yes - please do, someone!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:02

Wasn't there an auction with reels of video of MSG 72 a while back and the guy wanted $50 000 or something?

Date: November 20, 2008 15:08

I have a feeling this may be the source judging on the lengthy track listing.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:23

This would indeed be THE news of the year IMO-please please keep us posted. Silver Dagger, email me the link if you want to keep it off the board please.

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:24

Don't want to dissapoint you all but it's simply the 8mm footage. Pro footage would had been released as a silver release in larger quantities by a major label like Empress Valley, to make more money.

This is a lousy product as their previous ones. Rough footage with incomplete songs and ALL are on the cover, but it's snippets and some nearly complete, dubbed, though nice, to the 8mm footage we already know. The Cavett footage is in nice quality though but has been released in similar quality many times.

MSG wasn't filmed entirely, only a couple of songs.

Three shows were filmed for Ladies & Gentlemen and one was offered a while ago for sale at a ridicilous price. I contacted the seller but details were small and unclear. It was also on a certain TV videoformat that couldn't be transfered easily and transfering this would had cost a fortune.

We recently bought a genuine theaterprint of Ladies 7 gentlemen at an auction though. And it's far from a small upgrade to the genuine MAsters/ Scorpio version. It's a beautiful widescreen print in stunning quality with great detail and fibrant colors. The reel has some slight damage and a few pops and cracks but it's a feast for my eyes.

I will have it transfered to DVD in the new year and will share it instead of sell it depending on how much the transfer will cost me. If anyone's interested in it send me a pm. I'll contact you then when it's transfered.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:34

Well, let me know what pm is and I'll definately contact you!(I'm pretty dense!)

Date: November 20, 2008 15:40

Yes, me too Susanne. Where can we get your email address?

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:41

Oh thought there was a pm (personal message) system here.

essengirlsusi@gmail.com

Date: November 20, 2008 15:46

Thanks for this info. It's a real shame its just going to be amateur 8mm footage. I have their Cologne 73 show and the video is verging unwatchable.

I will Pm you.

Cheers
FT

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home