Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 21
Re: Ot: BARACK OBAMA ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE USA
Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: November 5, 2008 19:18

Congratulations, Barack Obama!

A fine piece of black music - B.B. King & friends:

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: November 5, 2008 19:24

Wow, Marv - excellent post.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 5, 2008 19:37

Sweet Home Chicago!! What can I say....All the work that needs to be done...all cleaning up....a good thing is going!

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: November 5, 2008 19:40

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 5, 2008 19:44

I heard his fave song is ''Gimme shelter'' cool!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 5, 2008 19:45

Man!!!! 8 pages in one day.............Congrats to Barack and for those people who voted for him in the UNITED States of America

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: November 5, 2008 20:06

It's gimme shelter because he THINKS that's what people want hi to say. Like hillary claiming she was a Re Sox and Yankee fan

we are doomed

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: November 5, 2008 20:22

aslecs
It's gimme shelter because he THINKS that's what people want hi to say. Like hillary claiming she was a Re Sox and Yankee fan

we are doomed

Why do you think that is the song that he would choose as his favorite if he was only trying to base it on what he thinks people would want him to say?

Date: November 5, 2008 20:33

because he also thought there were 56 states in the USA. he had no idea why, just "guessed"

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: November 5, 2008 20:46

Final result (to be confirmed):

Barack Obama - Democrat
364 electoral votes
66 823 331 votes

John Mc Cain - Republican
174 electoral votes
59 466 358 votes

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 5, 2008 20:48

Congratulations to Barack Obama the USA and the Rest of the World.
I never thought this would happen in my lifetime, but I'm sure glad I was around to see it, even though I still thought it might not happen right untill the end.
Well done America

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 5, 2008 20:50

A truly historic day!!! Come on it is amazing that a large percentage of white Americans voted in the son of a black muslim!!!

I am a bit pessimistic about the future as there seems to be far too much expectation resting on Obama's shoulders, I foresee a whole lot of (further)disillusioned poor black people in years to come, but hopefully he'll be able to deliver the goods, enough to make a difference/improvement to where we are now!

It's a historic day, but most importantly it's an opportunity for a better future! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 20:51 by His Majesty.

Date: November 5, 2008 21:00

we are in big time trouble IF he "follows form" with his super-super liberal past

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:02

Just a few responses to some who quoted me earlier. 1.) I voted for Hillary in the primary but Obama won me over after becoming the nominee 2.) It took Clinton eight years to undo the mess 12 years of Reagan/Bush damage 3) attributing the Internet craze for Clintons success is as ignorant as calling him a "do nothing"president. The same people who have no trouble attributing all the countries woes to the Clinton adminstration(still!) are unable to credit him for anything he did accomplish. OK I'll shut up now to the relief of many I'm sure! Have a nice day!

Date: November 5, 2008 21:04

Reagan mess? are you insane??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes, Clinton in 99 started the fannie Mae mess, now controlled by the lovavle barney Frank

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:14

aslecs

and yes, Clinton in 99 started the fannie Mae mess, now controlled by the lovavle barney Frank

And the moral of the story is never trust a fanny unless it's your own.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:20

Date: November 5, 2008 21:21

duhhhhhh

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:26

aslecs

ok, I have to break my own promise(sorry!)- Ronald Reagan practically RUINED the country. Well I guess I will correct myself-whoever was pulling the strings and writing his scripts to read did.
One more thing-I'm rubber and you're glue! HAHA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 21:28 by scottkeef.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:29

Aslecs, you complain that the "liberals are supposed to be tolerant" of you when you state your opinion, but your behavior is not deserving of tolerance. Just look at yourself, dude. You've been ranting on this thread like a lunatic, actually saying that you want the president of our great nation to "f*** up." You are not worthy of respect, much less tolerance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 22:13 by Lukester.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:30

Silver Dagger
And the moral of the story is never trust a fanny unless it's your own.

That's excellent advice that is so true, and yet I have never been able to follow it.

I thought Obama winning was a pretty positive thing, but then I got some spam in my inbox telling me it's a bad thing. So now I don't know what to believe. ****, what if this guy doesn't do a good job and ends up with a record low approval rating or something?!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:41

I heard on the news that California had record voter turn out ... 80 Per Cent they're saying. Pretty amazing.

Date: November 5, 2008 21:42

Reagan not only was the GREATEST person in our time he effin saved the world from communism (but then , you probably like the notion of communism)

Unreal!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:43

Congratulations to the United States of America for getting a new president. I have been impressed by the whole process, and I have been impressed by the way McCain changed tonight from fighting into congratulating Obama and asking everyone to work together. For everyone who are interested in this election please feel free to talk here.

I am NOT going to close down this thread just because it is political. The US election is important for too many people, that is why. Please do not post here if you have nothing nice to say, then just move on. I am sure everyone want to talk like friends and not like enemies here. Thank you!

Bjornulf

President Elect Obama
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 5, 2008 06:03

what a great moment in U.S. history
and he's a Stones Fan!

Re: President Elect Obama
Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: November 5, 2008 13:38

Great moment?! We are doomed...

Re: President Elect Obama
Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 5, 2008 15:59

Did you ever see The Manchurian Candidate?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:53

bv
Congratulations to the United States of America for getting a new president. I have been impressed by the whole process, and I have been impressed by the way McCain changed tonight from fighting into congratulating Obama and asking everyone to work together. For everyone who are interested in this election please feel free to talk here.

I am NOT going to close down this thread just because it is political. The US election is important for too many people, that is why. Please do not post here if you have nothing nice to say, then just move on. I am sure everyone want to talk like friends and not like enemies here. Thank you!

Thanks for your leniency on this thread, BV. Hopefully it will remain (mostly) civil (Scelsa can't stay awake foreversmiling smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 21:54 by WMiller.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:54

aslecs
Reagan not only was the GREATEST person in our time he effin saved the world from communism (but then , you probably like the notion of communism)

Unreal!

but refused to save the world from nuclear attack - he could've ended the buildup of nuclear weapons but instead promoted it, especially when deluding himself, gorby, and the citizens of the world about star wars, an idea he got from a movie he was in in the 1950s. star wars was never viable but he refused to believe it in his failing mind.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 5, 2008 21:54

aslecs
Reagan not only was the GREATEST person in our time he effin saved the world from communism.

eye popping smiley

I'm amazed you actually believe that!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home