Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Honky Tonk WOMEN - 81
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 24, 2008 06:58

>was The pheonix show the only show where they had the girls come out like this?

Tempe, not Phoenix.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 24, 2008 07:02

I was at Candlestick and Tempe in 81 and the sorority girls only came out in Tempe.

I heard Mick did a casting call to pick them out.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 24, 2008 07:51

Mathijs
JumpingKentFlash
JJF - Best from 94 on. Also good on 1969 tour.
Satisfaction - Best on the VL Tour by a million miles.
Just My Imagination - Equal versions from Hampton '81 and SAL.
Rip This Joint (1995).
Neighbours (Licks).
Respectable (B2cool smiley.

I just don't know what to say...I think you listen to a different band than I do. It's a bit like saying Elvis was more sexy in '77 than in '56, or that you prefer Sinatra's singing in '95 over his singing in '60.

And how can a version with Darryl Jones be any better than with Bil Wyman?

Mathijs

Lol, good points ,Mathijs, i can't really argue with that. Although i prefer listening to Satisfaction '94, Respectable (NS), Neighbours (Licks) and Rip This Joint (Paradiso) there still always significantly different then versions with Wyman on bass. However, i like Jagger singing in Neighbours (licks) over the really fast version from '81. But the '81 Hampton version of Just my imagination is unbeatable IMHO. I like the SAL version but there is no comparison, awesome weaving guitars, Wyman/Watts swinging rhythm and Earnie Watts sax solo just makes it complete IMHO.

Conclusion, still nothing beats Wymans bass espescially on When the whip from handsome girls 1. When i listened to she's so cold from Austin on ABB it almost sounds a bit like that again.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 24, 2008 07:57

---------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-24 07:58 by ryanpow.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: October 24, 2008 19:30

I like the screen name...Paul Kersey. Very nice !!

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: October 24, 2008 23:14

Thanks! :-)

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: October 24, 2008 23:53

Again please stop comparing tours... 78 and 81 tours were in the punk and discos eras... I take those tours any day. Ian Stewart was playing piano... just a sax o yes ian Mclagan was back there too, and we had Bill playin bass.

Now you have twice the size of musicians...

The groove of bill and Charlie was awesome in those years...the sound of this movie its pretty bad, but it doesnt mean that's what you heard on the front row at Hamptons 81, which, to me its a incredible show.

Like I mentioned in previous posts, the guitar section of this band is done, they can't play anymore.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home