Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: The new Yankee Stadium
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 10, 2008 20:20

Photos from the 4 train today.

Center Field view

Left/center Field view

This would be the outside, approximately Right Field location.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-10 20:26 by Bingo.

Re: OT: The new Yankee Stadium
Posted by: elwoodpdowd ()
Date: October 10, 2008 23:02

Thanks for the photos.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 10, 2008 23:04

So they're not going to have any final farewell for the old stadium Bingo?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 11, 2008 04:06

R they gonna blow it up?

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: October 11, 2008 11:29

sweetcharmedlife
So they're not going to have any final farewell for the old stadium Bingo?

There was a bit of a farewell for the old place at the final Yankees home game in September.

The new place, which is across the street from the old one, looks like Yankee Stadium, but cleaner and more modern. It's as much Yankee Stadium as the current Madison Square Garden, the fourth building to have that name, is Madison Square Garden. Whether the memories and heritage of the old place make it to the new stadium remains to be seen.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 12, 2008 22:11

I am not a Yankee fan at all, but I still find it disturbing that they're tearing down a piece of history, all in the name of the almighty dollar! You'd never see Red Sox Nation tearing down Fenway Park to add 20,000 more seats! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, because we Sox fans have respect for History.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: October 12, 2008 22:58

mickschix
I am not a Yankee fan at all, but I still find it disturbing that they're tearing down a piece of history, all in the name of the almighty dollar! You'd never see Red Sox Nation tearing down Fenway Park to add 20,000 more seats! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, because we Sox fans have respect for History.

Give me a break on all this Red Sox Nation stuff.
They're building a new Yankee Stadium because it's time to build a new Yankee Stadium.
And the Sox don't have nearly as much history as the Yankees.
Yanks have won the World Series 26 times to Boston's 7. Boston has won the AL Pennant 12 times to the Yanks 39.
It's not even close.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: October 13, 2008 05:35

If you don't think Fenway is going to hit the wrecking in the next 5 years, you are in fantasy land. There have already been plans floated about for a new Fenway. Fenway and Wrigley are now the dinosaurs. If they can tear down Yankee Stadium, they are all going.

Date: October 13, 2008 12:31

mickschix

And what history is that? 86 years between World Series titles? Red Sawx history consists largely of breakdown ('78), failure ('49), and heartbreak ('86). The current streak of two World Series championships in four years is a nice little run, but the Yankees won two within four years several times. Let's see the Sawx win five in a row, as the Yankees did in 1949-53; or four in a row, as the Yankees did in 1936-39; or four out of five, as the Yankees did in 1996-2000.

BTW, the new Yankee Stadium won't be adding 20,000 seats; it will have about 3,000 fewer seats than the old one. As for the old rathole Fenway, the Sawx' regard for the "almighty dollar" is such that they have squeezed just about every possible seat into the existing structure, including on top of the green monster, and every dollar out of that fanbase that calls itself a nation. Nice marketing: getting people to pay top dollar to sit on top of the left field wall. In other markets, sitting up there is just an obstructed view that would be priced accordingly.

Date: October 13, 2008 14:49

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOUR GRAPES! I hit a nerve! The Sox are IN THE PLAY OFFS folks, and the Yankees are golfing so I wouldn't hurry to pick on the Red Sox! As far as a NEW FENWAY, I have heard of no plans to tear it down and I bet it will never happen! As far as winning more World Series, I say SO WHAT? That was THEN, and this is NOW and your dynasty is OVER! By the way, none of the other teams had the money that the Yankees had to BUY the best players. It is only recently that other reams like the Sox could raise the cash to buy some great players. Fenway may be old, but it has that magic that most stadiums lack! The Steinbrenners are creepie, unusual team owners and they will not set the precedent for other stadiums. There's only one FENWAY, and it will stay!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 13, 2008 16:40

Sad to see Yankee Stadium go. Will be sad to see Fenway and Wrigley fall to the all-mighty dollar too.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 13, 2008 17:13

Elmo Lewis
Sad to see Yankee Stadium go. Will be sad to see Fenway and Wrigley fall to the all-mighty dollar too.

I don't think you'll see Fenway going anytime soon . They've made many upgrades and the ticket prices are high enough so that financing a competitve team is possible .

Date: October 13, 2008 17:53

mickschix
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOUR GRAPES! I hit a nerve! The Sox are IN THE PLAY OFFS folks, and the Yankees are golfing so I wouldn't hurry to pick on the Red Sox! As far as a NEW FENWAY, I have heard of no plans to tear it down and I bet it will never happen! As far as winning more World Series, I say SO WHAT? That was THEN, and this is NOW and your dynasty is OVER! By the way, none of the other teams had the money that the Yankees had to BUY the best players. It is only recently that other reams like the Sox could raise the cash to buy some great players. Fenway may be old, but it has that magic that most stadiums lack! The Steinbrenners are creepie, unusual team owners and they will not set the precedent for other stadiums. There's only one FENWAY, and it will stay!

Bucky Dent.

Date: October 13, 2008 19:19

mickschix

Trade Babe Ruth lately?

Your nice little four year run in no way trumps DECADES OF DOMINANCE. Do the math: 26 World Series titles to 7.

Missing postseason for the first time since 1993 is just a blip on the radar. It's still the Yankees world. Derek Jeter just lets people live in it.

The new Yankee Stadium is no precedent. It's just the latest in a long line of new ballparks that started with Camden Yards in Baltimore in '92.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-13 19:26 by baxlap.

Date: October 13, 2008 20:24

mickschix

All due respect Debra. But the red Sox put seats on top of the green monster and sell them for a premium price. Every sports franchise is in it for the money.

Date: October 14, 2008 00:27

Gotcha Baxlap!! You're still muttering, I can hear you from here!! LOL!!! And no one said that the Sox franchise doesn't want more $$ BUT they'd draw the line at destroying the old Fenway. And Baxlap, the NEW DYNASTY is starting with the Red Sox, in case you haven't noticed. The past is DONE, and the Yankees just have lost their way in recent years, and getting rid of Joe Torre was just a stupid move. They tossed out the only classy thing they had going for them.

Date: October 14, 2008 00:32

I guess your not watching today's game huh?

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: October 14, 2008 00:44

As an Indians fan living in the Northeast, I'm exposed to more of this Yankee/Red Sox bickering than any human need endure. Just a reminder, the rest of the baseball viewing public laughs at the notion of your "rivalry" which only seems to exist because ESPN tells us all day, every day, that it does. And while Yankee fans can get on my nerves, they at least act like they've been there before. Red Sox fans, in just a few short years, have become the worst in sports...engaging in more acts of sports fan douchebaggery than any other team in any other league.

Date: October 14, 2008 00:48

mickschix
They tossed out the only classy thing they had going for them.

Chix - come on. When in hole stop digging.

I completely understand that people either like the Yankees, or hate them.
But the above statement is ridiculous.
While I'm not crazy about Hank Steinbrenner, the Yankees of the last 10 years or so have been as classy as you can get. And as an organization, they've always had class. Suits & ties on the road, no facial hair and limits on how long your hair can be.
Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Bernie Williams, Torre, Mattingly, Stottlemeyer, etc.

Manny the headcase, Curt Shelling and all that Cowboy up crap is a joke.

Now put your pink BoSox hat on and run along like a good little bandwagon fan.

Date: October 14, 2008 01:29

Nellcote, you can be as condesending as you want, but if you can't take a little good natured ribbing, well too bad really. And GOLDSMITH, who are you calling a DOUGHBAG, EXACTLY??? Now that exemplifies the KIND OF CLASSLESSNESS I was speaking of! Red Sox fans are loyal fans who have not had a lot to cheer about over the long haul and we do get excited, but that's what makes Red Sox Nation enduring and special. I don't believe IM THE ONE IN THE HOLE! My jesting has been very good natured, even indidcating LOL but you guys are totally CRUDE, RUDE and represent the YANKEES VERY WELL! I feel fine about lumping you all into the same category of louts!

Date: October 14, 2008 01:36

Nellcote, my last post is to say that Bernie Williams, Jeter, Rivera and I already said Torre are all rather classy gentlemen, and yes going way back, Mattingly who is my boyfriend's hero. Arod is NOT a gentlemen, nor classy and falls into the OTHER category, IMO. I live with a rabid Yankee fan and we go at it constantly and I have enjoyed getting the best of him, and all Yankee fans lately! Remember, Sticks and Stones...... have fun guys, it must be rough being so miserable.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 14, 2008 01:43

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-14 01:44 by Bingo.

Date: October 14, 2008 01:55

mickschix
Nellcote, you can be as condesending as you want, but if you can't take a little good natured ribbing, well too bad really. And GOLDSMITH, who are you calling a DOUGHBAG, EXACTLY??? Now that exemplifies the KIND OF CLASSLESSNESS I was speaking of! Red Sox fans are loyal fans who have not had a lot to cheer about over the long haul and we do get excited, but that's what makes Red Sox Nation enduring and special. I don't believe IM THE ONE IN THE HOLE! My jesting has been very good natured, even indidcating LOL but you guys are totally CRUDE, RUDE and represent the YANKEES VERY WELL! I feel fine about lumping you all into the same category of louts!

AH!!!!!!!!!! Sour Grapes!!!!!! I hit a nerve!!!!!!!
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Date: October 14, 2008 02:01

No sour grapes, I have nothing to be sour over EXCEPT CRUDE people name call. Like I said, typical Yank fans, chalk it up to the kind of characters who follow that team.

Date: October 14, 2008 02:06

mickschix
Gotcha Baxlap!! You're still muttering, I can hear you from here!! LOL!!! And no one said that the Sox franchise doesn't want more $$ BUT they'd draw the line at destroying the old Fenway. And Baxlap, the NEW DYNASTY is starting with the Red Sox, in case you haven't noticed. The past is DONE, and the Yankees just have lost their way in recent years, and getting rid of Joe Torre was just a stupid move. They tossed out the only classy thing they had going for them.

New dynasty, my arse! Winning two championships in four years ain't no dynasty, particularly if you consider that they didn't win a single postseason game in '05 and didn't qualify for postseason in '06.

I'll give you A-Rod, however. A-Rod will never be a true Yankee. The only bigger choker in postseason is the guy the Yankees traded to get him, Alphonso Soriano. His agent's announcement during last year's series that he was opting out of his contract was pretty low-rent. But you Red Sawks fans are well-versed in low-rent after putting up with Manny for all those years.

Date: October 14, 2008 05:45

nellcote'71
mickschix

AH!!!!!!!!!! Sour Grapes!!!!!! I hit a nerve!!!!!!!
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Hey nellcote. I don't have a dog in this fight. I live on the west coast. But seriously,chill out. It's just baseball. If your team wins great. If not,get over it. Plus mickshix has been on this board for a very long time and always treats everyone with respect. Agree,or disagree. Please try to show the same respect to her and everyone else. If not,then peace and love to you Ringo style my friend.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 14, 2008 07:42

You live on the west coast. People on the west coast are so freakin' mellow from all their years of listening to fourth-generation audience tapes of Dark Star jams that they only get wigged when they're on highways. Don't shoot, I'll pull over!

As a friend of mine said, when I took him to Yankee Stadium years ago, "this is like religion to these people." Amen, brother! The Yankees and the Red Sox are like holy war, except with less bloodshed. If you don't drive I-95, you won't get it.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 14, 2008 08:15

Aren't season tickets ridiculously expensive in "new" yankee Stadium? Like a normal fan can't even go? I heard it's 3 billion dollars per seat or something!

Date: October 14, 2008 16:53

The ticket prices for the new place are ridiculous. $2,500 for a baseball game? Regular folks can't go anymore without a connection. I tried to get single-game seats for this past season through Ticketmaster and was shut out for the dates I wanted to go.

On the other hand, don't let Jagger find out about those ticket prices!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 14, 2008 18:16

In case this got lost in all the hype about the new Yankee Stadium (I guess it goes hand in hand with the new New York - too many rules and can't have fun anymore, make some noise, etc...it's NYC ain't it?) they have LESS seats in the new stadium.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home