Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR policy : OT posts
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 30, 2008 22:39

If you post something that is not related to the Stones then please write OT: in front of the subject line. OT means Off Topic. The topic on this board is the Stones and everything that is related to them. AC/DC may have been warming up for the Stones, but they are 100% OFF TOPIC. Paul Mccartney is 200% off topic. Garth Brooks is 300% off topic. Bill Wyman is on topic. Tim Ries and everybody on stage permanently during the past tours are on topic. If you posted something off topic already then feel free to Edit your own thread and add OT: into the front of the subject line. Then everybody do know if something is Stones-relrevant or not. Also, it is easy for me to see if I want to keep the number of OT lower. I don't want to have 19 out of 20 off-topics here on IORR. If you are too bored then feel free not to post. Some off topics are great but too many makes me freak out and then it wilkl look nasty - I will start deleting, and people take it personally.

I will make one sticky thead with this info plus the other three "rules" listed above, and also make them into the Help link on top of the forum. It's like the constitution. Every community need some simple rules, not too many. I just need things to go easy. I doi really have one rule only. RESPECT. But people do not understand that word, the meaning, always, unfortunately. So I have to spell it a bit more in detail.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-03 14:09 by bv.

Re: OT posts
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 1, 2008 00:03

i understand respect!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 1, 2008 00:04

Bjornulf, I sincerely understand and support your efforts to keep this board the way you want it to be. I sure hope you will succeed.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 1, 2008 00:05

Did something bad happened?

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 1, 2008 02:32

BV,

Once again, a good move. The "rules" are warrented and it's good to see they are being implemented.

This is a great site and the Rolling Stones should remain the main focus.

CBII

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 1, 2008 02:54

quote bv
"AC/DC may have been warming up for the Stones, but they are 100% OFF TOPIC. Paul Mccartney is 200% off topic. Garth Brooks is 300% off topic. Bill Wyman is on topic. Tim Ries and everybody on stage permanently during the past tours are on topic."

What percent is AC/DC performing "Rock Me Baby" with The Rolling Stones?
Or Paul McCartney singing on "We Love You" and writing "I Wanna Be Your Man"?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 1, 2008 08:48

Agree.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 1, 2008 12:21

Great BV. I think boring read OT all the time here. I am a Stones fan and I want read and talk ABOUT THE STONES here.
Congratulations!!!!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 1, 2008 13:01

Personally I'd rather see a seperate section for OT posts.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 1, 2008 14:11

Bjornulf--

You are absolutely right, and thank you.

Drew

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 1, 2008 16:49

That's a great move indeed. Respect to bv and keep up the excellent work.

Posted by: jack ()
Date: October 1, 2008 19:48

Sleepy City

Seems a good suggestion to me (but who am I?)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 1, 2008 21:10

jack
Sleepy City

The idea has been rejected by bv several times.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 1, 2008 22:18

sweetcharmedlife
jack
Sleepy City

The idea has been rejected by bv several times.

Well I guess he's the boss, but with so little current RS activity the OT posts are starting to overtake the RS posts...

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: October 2, 2008 00:35

I hate the idea of an OT section. What would be the point? Either allow OT threads or not! If you decide not to then it becomes hard to police. Sometimes things are a bit borderline.

For example, is Ian Stuart off topic as he hasn't played permanently on stage on the last two tours? What about Nicky Hopkins or even Dick Taylor? What about Glyn Johns? And what about 72 Fender custom teles? Or shepherd's pies?

I'm sure it's clear in BV's mind and in most cases it will be crystal. However, once you make a rule, you've got to know where the line is drawn and that has to be 100% clear to everyone.

Date: October 2, 2008 11:52

I'm against anything off topic. Go elsewhere if you want to know about Paul McCartney or 9/11.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: October 2, 2008 11:53

sjs12
I hat the idea of an OT section

Yeah, restricting OT-posts to a separated section would take much of the fun out of IORR, IMO. Even the "OT"-tag could turn out to cut down the number of interesting posts by forcing everyone to clearly focus on "Stones" or "Non-Stones", dropping funny allusions, hints or ambivalent topics in the process. But that's up to BV, of course. It's all in the mix, I'd say.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-02 12:02 by Greenblues.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 2, 2008 21:54

BV, Thanks for all your time and effort

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home