Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT-Your Fav 90's Bands
Date: October 2, 2008 02:02

Metallica...if you can grungers can handle it. The rest were weak "alternative" excuses for rock and roll, which is really what we're talking about here. History speaks for itself, just as the punk pukes before them, the grunge bastards came and went and nobody will remember them years later when they get old. Look at Johnny Rotten, he's completely dated and irrelevant. Take Cobain, who thought that by committing suicide he would somehow automatically inherit the throne of the Jimmy's and Janis' before him, his music only matters to those who happened to grow up in his generation and nobody else.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 2, 2008 02:13

knockyourteethout
Metallica...if you can grungers can handle it. The rest were weak "alternative" excuses for rock and roll, which is really what we're talking about here. History speaks for itself, just as the punk pukes before them, the grunge bastards came and went and nobody will remember them years later when they get old. Look at Johnny Rotten, he's completely dated and irrelevant. Take Cobain, who thought that by committing suicide he would somehow automatically inherit the throne of the Jimmy's and Janis' before him, his music only matters to those who happened to grow up in his generation and nobody else.

"his music only matters to those who happened to grow up in his generation and nobody else." ??????

Except for me I guess

Here is one my fav's songs and video
Nirvana-In Bloom

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 2, 2008 02:15

CRACKER ( NOT UNCLE CRACKER) 2 Different acts

Date: October 2, 2008 02:18

Oke here is a bonus

Date: October 2, 2008 02:21

You just got me in the mood

Nirvana- Lithium

PLAY IT LOUD..............YEAHHH YEAHHH

Date: October 2, 2008 02:32

This is the last one I will post

Still think the Stones should do a Unplugged

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 2, 2008 04:03

NICOS

Still think the Stones should do a Unplugged

I always thought of Stripped as the Stones Unplugged

Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: October 2, 2008 04:10

The Drive-By Truckers (DBT)

Frank Black & the Catholics

Black Francis

The Hackensaw Boys

Slobberbone

The Drams

Two Cow Garage

Cant go wrong with ANY of these bands!!!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 2, 2008 04:19

decade |?dek?d|
noun
1 a period of ten years : he taught at the university for nearly a decade.
• a period of ten years beginning with a year ending in 0 : the fourth decade of the nineteenth century.
2 a set, series, or group of ten, in particular

I copied this from the dictionary for you Dunhill, a wonderful tool to verify the meaning of words. I will let you look up millennium yourself to find out why the new one started in 2001 not 2000.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-02 04:28 by doubledoor.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 2, 2008 07:46

shadooby
I think Nirvana still sucked. It's all about promotion and what the big fat guy behind the desk THINKS the kids want to hear. We will never know of many new bands who tried to make it after the hair band generation. Just because some dudes got together in Seattle and had their own big party scene where every band (especially the vocalists) sounded the same and dressed the same and smelled the same didn't mean that's what the whole friggin planet wanted. Pretty soon everybody is convinced it must be good just because it's the only thing being spoon fed on the radio even though most probably hated it from the start.

This is just my opinion so you can refrain from getting personal.

I'm not getting personal dude.
Regarding music: What are you suggesting? That every band in the world gets the exact same amount of promotion, so everybody has an equal and fair chance of being heard? Lovely thought, but completely impossible.

knockyourteethout

Kurt didn't commit suicide to elevate his status. I know that's what the naysayers always state, but it's complete BS.
I agree that many bands were boring in the grunge-wave, but not Nirvana. I'm not a grunger at all, but I like Nirvana. Same with punk. I've hardly heard anything worth listening to, but I like The Sex Pistols.
And Metallica... Some of it is OK. But most of it is lameoid heavy.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 2, 2008 07:57

IAWJKF (though he finds more redeeming value in Metallica than I do...)

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 6, 2008 17:45

No one, except Kurt Cobain, knows why Kurt Cobain killed himself. Indeed, several members of Sonic Youth believe he was murdered.

Nirvana and Nevermind were a defining point of the 90s...altho there may be some dispute over to the exact decade they existed in ;-) I was fortunate to see them live on the Nevermind tour at the Newcastle Mayfair and have Kurt and Chris sign the cover of my Nevermind CD.

Cobain was certainly a conflicted character who couldn't easily reconcile the divergent paths of "authentic punk" and "corporate whore". Shame the idiot blew his brains out. He was a talented songwriter. RIP.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 6, 2008 22:19

knockyourteethout
Metallica...if you can grungers can handle it

Good grief. I think most sensible folks had given up on Metallica by the time the 90s rolled around

Talk about selling out!

Date: October 7, 2008 01:01

oasis
black crowes
alice in chains
pearl jam
smasing pumpkins
saigon kick
ugly kid joe
love/hate
king's x (started in the 80's though)
primus (started in the 80's though)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:42

Old thread.

Now in HD:

Date: June 11, 2009 12:13

Black Crowes (is it a 90s band?)
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
Big Bang

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:23

The Stones are number one, then there are Oasis who rocked in the 90's. I do not listen a lot to electronic music, but Underworld and Massive Attack had some nice ideas.I also like the french band Paris Combo who put out there fantastic debut in 1998.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:13

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:42

OASIS;
definitely maybe.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 11, 2009 16:18

EVERCLEAR
Rancid
weezer
our lady peace
loudlucy
rage against the machine
smashing pumpkins
black crows
reef
oasis
blind melon

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:05

oh, absolutely the Tragically Hip; nobody comes close, except for maybe Pearl Jam

I mean the Hip's first four records (Up To Here, Road Apples, Fully Completely, Day For Night from 1989 to 1994) are flawless, and I've never heard any other band put out four albums in a row with absolutely no bad songs on them, no filler..except for you know who from 68 - 72..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-11 18:08 by Taylor Era.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:53

1. Guns N' Roses
2. Nirvana
3. Oasis

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:00

The 90s sucked music-wise. Too much of the grunge/alternative crap and Euro Dancefloor garbage. It was all terrible. I was glad that the Stones produced albums and were touring constantly in that decade. So yeah, for me The Stones were MY band of the 90s.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:51

Swervedriver, the pentultimate british guitar band of the '90's. check out "mezcal Head" cd, recently remastered reissued.

plus, in no particular order:

royal trux
breeders
rage against the machine

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home