Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Breaking News (if true) Zeppelin to reunite
Posted by: Matti ()
Date: September 26, 2008 19:19

skipstone
That you're whining about it not being the true Led Zep. Wasn't that obvious?

So you are saying that I´m a jerk just becouse I don´t agree with you. That´s a great argument. Why not try to say something worthwhile instead of calling me names?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 26, 2008 19:46

Elmo Lewis
Matti
Sad news if it´s true. Besides, it´s not real Led Zeppelin without John Bonham.

Close enough for rock and roll - I'll be there!

Yes, close enough. The son honoring the father is cool with me.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 26, 2008 19:56

tatters
The guys are "over the moon"?

Maybe he meant _financially_.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 26, 2008 19:58

If not Jason, how about Zak Starkey?

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: September 26, 2008 20:16

A Zepp tour would outdo Stones, Im sure Jagger realzes that, Stones should wait a few more year, the Zepp show is something to really look forward too, more than a new BS tour from Stones.

Posted by: mr beartie ()
Date: September 26, 2008 20:31

Maybe I'll ask Robert tomorrow if I see him at the match

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 26, 2008 23:45

wait a few more years!!!!!!!lol, they are 65 as it is!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: September 26, 2008 23:47

Let's get the Tour news and buy the tickets.

Date: September 26, 2008 23:54

shortfatfanny
melillo
there are also plenty of zep forums to go to

Why do you keep on reading this thread if you´re not interested anyway ?

just to bug you, and it seems to be working,lol

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 27, 2008 02:16

melillo
shortfatfanny
melillo
there are also plenty of zep forums to go to

Why do you keep on reading this thread if you´re not interested anyway ?

just to bug you, and it seems to be working,lol

Bug me ? Forget it...,my nerves are steel wheels at presence.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 27, 2008 13:29

The point is, Matti, that your point is weak and I only compared you to a jerk yelling Freebird because you were taking that route of OH IT'S NOT THE SAME whine whine whine. Either go see them or shut up about it. You are correct technically but that won't stop them from going out as Led Zep if Plant does sing. AC/DC went on with a new singer. The Rolling Stones replaced Brian - he may as well have died before he did anyway. Some bands change, some don't. Some don't know when to quit when they have barely anything original (Lynrd Skynrd) left yet continue to milk people that happily go see a show that says a band name they love on the ticket stub. There are lots of bands that do that. The biggest problem with them getting it back together as Led Zep is that means their legacy will be questioned. As cool as it would be, it probably would be better to leave it alone. It's just that there are so many people that would love to see/hear them. And even though it's been argued here a good bit, more peeople would pay to see them then the Stones for any other tour if they do yet alone a final announced tour. Zep is just more popular across the globe.

At least with Jason it's as close to John as anyone will ever have a chance to get regardless of the fact that he doesn't drum like his dad.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: September 27, 2008 22:47

Zeppelin is kind of like a classic car. You can show it off and even drive it around the block once or twice but it can't take the wear and tear of daily driving. If this is true I would be surprised if they did more than fifty shows worldwide. Even that may be too much to ask from Plant who looks twenty years older than Mick even though he is five years younger.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:12

I really hope, that is true. I've seen nearly all heavy rock bands live in concert, which I wanted to see. BUT I've not seen the biggest one and that's Led Zeppelin!

I must see Led Zeppelin live in Concert before I die!

Hopefully, that this time will be not a stupid f*ck tix lottery like for the show in London 2007!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:18

When the king dies, his son becomes king, right? So who else than Jason to play drums in the reuninon? None.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:20

Ladykiller
I must see Led Zeppelin live in Concert before I die!

That is pretty much how I feel.

When I was a teenager in the seventies, LZ booked a show in my hometown. I think it was '76.
I got my tickets the day they went on sale and could not wait to see them for the first time.
Robert Plant's son died in the days before the show, and LZ never played my town again.
I entered the lottery for last year's show and was ready to fly across the pond on fairly short notice, but I still have yet to see Zeppelin.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 28, 2008 02:01

Its great that they will tour, will see them,better start saving money.
This tour will be huge,bigger than the last Sones tour.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: September 28, 2008 02:08

first of all nothing has been confirmed, and second about being bigger than the last stones tour, what do you expect when a band takes 28 years between tours, of course people will go see them, if you didnt eat for five days wouldnt you be hungry?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 28, 2008 02:20

melillo
first of all nothing has been confirmed, and second about being bigger than the last stones tour, what do you expect when a band takes 28 years between tours, of course people will go see them, if you didnt eat for five days wouldnt you be hungry?

You got a point..lol

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: September 28, 2008 02:46

Well keep in mind, it will only be as big as they allow it to be. And I doubt they would let it become a 3 year ordeal.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: September 28, 2008 03:15

Page and Plant don't even BELIEVE in Led Zeppelin, and over the last twenty-five years or so, there has been very little evidence to suggest otherwise.

A Zeppelin tour of any kind would be little more than cynical exploitation; well beyond even that which we've been subjected to from Mick and Keith in recent times.

It's over...so get over it.

Date: September 28, 2008 03:16

they dont have the stamina or the balls for a 3 year gig

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-28 03:17 by melillo.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 28, 2008 03:49

Barn Owl
Page and Plant don't even BELIEVE in Led Zeppelin, and over the last twenty-five years or so, there has been very little evidence to suggest otherwise.

Not quite true....LLive Aid, Atlantic and last December's O2 show...the biggest selling box set in history 1990, the remasters of studio albums...done under the watchful eye of Mr. Page...and in harmony with the other three surviving members, the 1997 BBC sessions release...also done by Mr. Page, DVD & How the West was Won CD (both chart toppers)((the DVD was the best selling music/band DVD of all time))...the 1998 Page/Plant Tour was 90% Zeppelin songs...that's why Robert backed out of a Japanese tour....the DVD of the Song Remains the Same Both the late 90's versiona and the recent issue...and rematering of the CD of the same

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 28, 2008 04:09

FrankM
Even that may be too much to ask from Plant who looks twenty years older than Mick even though he is five years younger.

What...Have you seen Plant lately? As much as I despised the Plant/Krauss concert. I do have to say that physically he looked good. Jagger looks old,but is very fit and much more athletic on stage.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 28, 2008 06:52

Well I didn't mean three years straight of touring! Similar to the Stones - 3 months on, 6 months off...ha ha ha...

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: September 28, 2008 15:22

rattler2004
Barn Owl

Not quite true....LLive Aid, Atlantic and last December's O2 show...the biggest selling box set in history 1990, the remasters of studio albums...done under the watchful eye of Mr. Page...and in harmony with the other three surviving members, the 1997 BBC sessions release...also done by Mr. Page, DVD & How the West was Won CD (both chart toppers)((the DVD was the best selling music/band DVD of all time))...the 1998 Page/Plant Tour was 90% Zeppelin songs...that's why Robert backed out of a Japanese tour....the DVD of the Song Remains the Same Both the late 90's versiona and the recent issue...and rematering of the CD of the same

I take your point, rattler, though I would contest that much of what you mention has been carried out as a means of preserving/safeguarding the Zeppelin brand, most notably, their painstaking efforts at securing the withdrawal of their Live Aid appearance from the DVD boxed-set.

The Page/Plant tour was of course an exception to the rule, though the question still remains as to why the three remaining members have declined to reform for anything beyond a handful of one-off appearances.

...which is why I beleive that as far as the individual members of the band are concerned, John Bonham's death really did signal the end of Led Zeppelin.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 29, 2008 02:19

Barn Owl

which is why I beleive that as far as the individual members of the band are concerned, John Bonham's death really did signal the end of Led Zeppelin.

I beleive you are correct. Bonham's death was the end of Led Zeppelin, which in a sense is very honorable for the surviving members and Bonham's family.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home