Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine A Light - Scandinavian Version.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 23, 2008 19:42

Denmark proved to be Denmark today. I went to the store and they didn't get SAL yet. I found it in another store though. They only had the plain 1 disc version and, while good, it does have a few weird things on it. There's no normal stereo to choose (I prefer this for concert DVDs). On the main menu there's a direct sound options. "Play with -----> Surround 5.1. or DTS". Weird to have on the main menu (Should be under an audio setting IMO). There's no option for English subtitles. Only Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish are available. I always prefer English films to have English subtitles. Also there's an adverts for two films inside the box (The see-through backdrop). Also, the whole thing opens with a trailer show for various films.
The weirdest is the renaming of 3 of the 4 extra songs. "Paint It Black" is now "Black". "Little T&A" is renamed to "She's My Little Rock 'n Roll". Lastly "I'm Free" is "I'm Free To Do What I Want". Big questionmark.....

Those are some minor rants about it. But there's certainly good stuff on it too. The sound is amazing. Better than I experienced in theaters. The picture looks good, but will probably be even better on Blu-Ray (Will buy the 2 disc DVD version, the special edition Blu-Ray and the plain Blu-Ray versions when I get my salary at the end of the month.
The featurette is great. Isn't Keith playing the Charlie Chaplin theme song "Limelight" at some point? I like it very much. Some great moments there. The extra songs are great too. "Undercover Of The Night" is especially great.

When I removed the shrink wrap I couldn't help but thinking "Happy birthday me". smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Shine A Light - Scandinavian Version.
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 23, 2008 20:46

cool that you found it on the right day, Kent :E

>> There's no normal stereo to choose <<

bummer! so how does it sound on a normal stereo system?

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: September 23, 2008 20:48

Well I think the Danish version's the same as the Dutch then. Happy birthday!

Date: September 23, 2008 21:29

with sssoul
cool that you found it on the right day, Kent :E

>> There's no normal stereo to choose <<

bummer! so how does it sound on a normal stereo system?

Surprisingly good actually. But I would've preferred stereo.

Thanks RnT. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 24, 2008 02:37

A delayed Til Lykke med födselsda'en, Kent!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 24, 2008 12:23

Well, the brazilian version don´t have extras. The dvd has only the film. I bought an american version to watch the extras.
I am waiting the collectors edition but I know it don´t have more extras, only a digital dvd version.
So, is a bad situation. I would love a DVD with 2hours of the extras...but it´s not avaliable.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 24, 2008 13:25

Hi!

Are you all sure that there is going to be released a 2 Disc DVD?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 24, 2008 13:52

"Are you all sure that there is going to be released a 2 Disc DVD?"

I'd like to know that too and what's supposed to be on that DVD that's not on the
regular edition?

"The weirdest is the renaming of 3 of the 4 extra songs.

That really sucks. First I thought I got some weird copy since I downloaded the Scandinavian version,
but I seems perfectly fine except those strange titles and the fact that there's no "Play All" option for the bonus songs as I've seen on another version.

Date: September 24, 2008 14:17

The double disc SAL is not worth getting if you already have the single disc version. At least that's what I've heard. The second disc contains exactly the same as disc one, but it's in a format that can play on Ipods and the like.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 24, 2008 14:57

The SAL for collector will be avaliable november, 10. yes, the second disc is only a version to computers.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 25, 2008 00:58

>The weirdest is the renaming of 3 of the 4 extra songs. "Paint It Black" is now "Black". "Little T&A" is renamed to "She's My Little Rock 'n Roll". Lastly "I'm Free" is "I'm Free To Do What I Want".

That reminds me: I have an original VHS copy of LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER and on the back cover "Little T&A" is listed as "Tits and Ass"!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home