Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Led Zep audition for new singer
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 21, 2008 02:10

ROLLINGSTONE
Sleepy City
I wonder how Noddy Holder sounds these days? He could certainly out-sing Robert Plant at his peak...

That's an excellent suggestion. Noddy was loosely considered as a replacement for Bon Scott in AC/DC.

They could do a 'Yes' and get a singer from one of the zillion Led Zep tribute bands.

In all honesty, I'd rather see Slade do a reunion than Noddy doing vocals for LZ.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 21, 2008 03:30

Jack Russell would be the best fit if the three of them decided to go that route. He also needs the money considering the settlement he and his mates have been recently forced to pay the families of the night club disaster.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 21, 2008 03:53

Robert likes Jack Russell's singing. Ever hear the Great White's version of Babe I'm Gonna Leave you?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 21, 2008 05:34

I'd take Ann Wilson over Jack (terrier) Russell.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 21, 2008 14:26

What a ridiculous imagination,maybe one should come to the conclusion
that enough is enough.

I like(d) Led Zeppelin very much , but if Plant doesn´t want to be involved anymore
in LZ,it´s over,definetley.

Chris Jagger to replace Mick ?

Should we start the 57863th poll ?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: September 21, 2008 15:07

sweet neo con
is alison kraus the new yoko?? winking smiley sort of.....

maybe alison & robert can be the opening act for LZ. ?

Yo, SNC, what do you know? Is PLANT totally infatuated with Alison? SOMEHOW I get that feeling when I see them together, she IS very easy on the eyes/ears after all... I could definitely see it - A Moroccan Wedding, a Wales Divorce....

On the Zeppelin thing, PLANT'S A BIG BABY, that's all, he needs to get back into some drug use - "paralysis through analysis" and all that kinda sh*t.........

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: September 21, 2008 15:24

Ann Wilson for the singer!
Yeah, good idea. I like her CDs.

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: September 21, 2008 15:58

Why not !
See AC DC - Van Halen, Genesis etc.

I Remember the first KINGOM COME Album it sound almost like Led Zep.
so Lenny Wolf would be a good choice

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: September 21, 2008 16:13

Maybe they could wrap the tour around a "American Idol" style competition, and have singers audition for lead in each city they visit. Isn't that how INXS found a replacement singer?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 21, 2008 16:29

I'd never attend a Zeppelin show without Plant as singer.
It's like going to a Stones show without Sir Mick. No freakin' way.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 21, 2008 16:51

so what does that mean the other members of ZEP have to stop living because plant said no?

Date: September 21, 2008 16:56

melillo
so what does that mean the other members of ZEP have to stop living because plant said no?

nice.
I'm dying to hear good old Zeppelins live again! preferably with Plant, but I'm gonna see them anyway.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2008 17:22

ohnonotyouagain
So who should be the new singer? Some possibilities that come to my mind are Chris Robinson, Scott Weiland, Johnny Lang, Eddie Vedder like somebody already mentioned ... who else would be good?

No offense, but none of the above. Just the thought of it makes me want to roll over and puke.
If it has to be anyone it should be someone new, otherwise it may end up as a Van Hagar catastrophe.
Do we really want to see a Led Vedder? A Led Weiland? Or a Led Robinson? I pray not.

Date: September 21, 2008 17:25

Vedder is now recording new Pearl Jam album anyway.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: September 21, 2008 17:29

How about Terry Reid since he was in the frame for the job before Plant and still has a great pair of lungs.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 21, 2008 20:26

Hairball
ohnonotyouagain
So who should be the new singer? Some possibilities that come to my mind are Chris Robinson, Scott Weiland, Johnny Lang, Eddie Vedder like somebody already mentioned ... who else would be good?

No offense, but none of the above. Just the thought of it makes me want to roll over and puke.
If it has to be anyone it should be someone new, otherwise it may end up as a Van Hagar catastrophe.
Do we really want to see a Led Vedder? A Led Weiland? Or a Led Robinson? I pray not.

Jimmy Page toured with the Black Crowes in 1999 and they put out a live album. It's actually quite good, I didn't think Chris Robinson could pull it off but he does a great job. He doesn't try to imitate Plant, but even with a different vocal style it still comes out pretty Zeppelin-ish.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: September 22, 2008 00:52

The Jimmy Page/Black Crowes show that I saw was enjoyable. Chris Robinson wasn't bad, and, with three guitars in the band, they could try some things that hadn't been played by Zep onstage, such as In the Light and Hots on for Nowhere.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: September 22, 2008 09:05

It's about time. Robert Plant was always the weakest link in an otherwise immensely talented band

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 22, 2008 11:30

It's pretty pointless to look for a new singer when they could have Robert Plant.
Why not revive Coverdale/Page instead of an incomplete Led Zep?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 22, 2008 14:15

doubledoor
It's about time. Robert Plant was always the weakest link in an otherwise immensely talented band

I strongly disagree.
Plant was incredible and the perfect vocalist to be in tune with such an improvisation-heavy lineup. Plus, he was the lyricist, and therefore the author of the bulk of the imagery conjured by the songs.

Sounds like a lot of singer-hate all over this board!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: September 22, 2008 20:30

ohnonotyouagain
Hairball
ohnonotyouagain

Jimmy Page toured with the Black Crowes in 1999 and they put out a live album. It's actually quite good, I didn't think Chris Robinson could pull it off but he does a great job. He doesn't try to imitate Plant, but even with a different vocal style it still comes out pretty Zeppelin-ish.
I thought it was good myself i saw both show's at the greek. That said Page had two other guitarist, and was 10 years ago, The big question is can he pull it every night? From what i heard from some heavy Zep guru's is that, was who they worried about the most getting through every night.These guy's are pretty tight with Jason that i know and they were at the 02,alot of people around here that went to the 02 say's page still has the chop's. I hope he does but i'm inclined to not think so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-22 20:33 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: September 23, 2008 03:03

Hey in regards to my post up there. I guess the moral of the story is Can Zep even go on the road with out Plant, even if they wanted too? i don't think so but it was Grant and Page's band so who know's what the legality of it is, out of respect i don't think they would tour with out him,plus i don't think they could call it Led Zeppelin, but like i said i don't know the legal contract for Led Zeppelin and i don't think anyone else does around here. I'll tell you what though Jason is a fabulous singer and they could go on the road as a trio,but i don't think he likes to sing behind the drums,all the time. I got a call in to some good friends of Jason so i will try and update from his point of view and pass it on.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: September 23, 2008 04:22

My point was not to hate on Plant, just seems to me that if Plant had started with another band, and Page-Bonham-Jones had hired another lead singer, which band's future would you bet on?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2008 19:59

I thought the Black Crowes with Page was excellent and the closest thing we'll ever get to hearing Led Zep live without the snoozefest of, well, Led Zep's live albums.

As far as who they should get to sing? Willie Bean!

Date: September 25, 2008 20:15

AN EVENING WITH

FRED ZEPPELIN

Date: September 25, 2008 20:30

trainarollin
AN EVENING WITH

FRED ZEPPELIN

How about they get Ted Nugget and call it Ted Zeppelin? My whole lotta love has got you in a strangehold, baby!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2008 20:36

Ted could fire a lit arrow at a pile of dirt when they start When The Levee Breaks...

Date: September 25, 2008 21:14

And Ted knows how to fish..could come in handy for their Seattle stop

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 25, 2008 21:20

trainarollin
And Ted knows how to fish..could come in handy for their Seattle stop

Yeah I'm sure Uncle Ted has seen more than a few Red Snappers in his time.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 26, 2008 00:55

You guys are cracking me up!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home