Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who is Keith talking to?
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 19, 2008 03:31

nanker phelge
baxlap
I saw Shine a Light in the theatre, but I can't even get through the DVD once. The stage performances depicted in the movie are that bad. Keef just can't play anymore! Nearly half his playing in that movie is cringe-inducing. When he's not taking songs off, he can't even play in time. And the guest spots are pathetic!

The man is one of my greatest musical inspirations, but I'm weary of being an apologist for him. If Keef can't play any better than he has recently, it is time for the Rolling Stones, my favorite rock 'n' roll band ever, to get off the treadmill and go home for good, particularly in view of what tickets cost these days. Hey, age happens.

Majorly disagree!!

Ticket prices have nothing to do with it. If you don't like the performance fine....but don't relate it to ticket prices. The comparison is irrelavent!!

disagree

Re: Far Away Eyes on SAL, Keith's "shut-up"
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: September 19, 2008 04:08

I don't find it bad at all.I don't like some things on his guitar playing but not tha seriously.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: September 19, 2008 04:31

Everybody wants Keith to be this or to be that....folks, that's why he's Keith Richards and YOU'RE NOT...he does whatever the EFF he wants...that's what makes him great....

you don't like? don't watch, don't buy, don't go....stop criticizing, the guy should've been dead 30 years ago, for f's sake....

Keith Rules.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 19, 2008 04:33

????? I like keith but I also have opinions and I wish to express them from time to time.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: September 19, 2008 12:59

"The rest of the band is in great shape.. Charlie, Mick, Chuck, Darryl."

i totally agree but that´s only two rolling stones. furthermore i think the whole perfomance suffers a lot from keiths playing and the others can´t completely rescue the show. i will never forget how hard mick had to work in frankfurt last year, completely ignoring keith but stay in tune and time.

i tried to listen to sal two days ago but had to turn it off after a couple of songs. what is scary is that after the beacon shows keiths playing even got a lot worse.

what is also a let down of recent stones records is the sound quality, the sound itself is harsh and not really enjoyable.

years ago i had sworn the stones stop before they can´t deliver it any more because they are cool and would never do anything uncool.

now it´s all about begging for attention, very uncool.

and for the money of course, which is kind of o.k. in my world.

"Keith Rules" actually the problem is he doesn´t.

i can´t understand the complaining about blondie playing guitar. compared to keith i think he is way too low in the mix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-19 14:15 by stoneswashed77.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: September 19, 2008 14:02

after the bacon shows ?

Don't 'ham' it up. It would be very 'rash(er)' to do this. Don't 'pork' fun at Keith. He will 'chop' you with his axe.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 19, 2008 17:02

ryanpow
the more I listen and or watch this version, its kind of embarrasing. On other parts of SAL keith is great, but on this song Its like He can't get the lyrics right to save his life. and to me it seems he has this attitude like " I don't have to know the words"... then why bother? I just get this impression that he and mick are in different worlds and at the moment when they share the mic, it really seems forced.

He either doesn't rehearse enough or can't remember the correct lines/song. In any case, it always looks pretty unprofessional. "The drugs don't work, they just make you worse..."

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: September 19, 2008 17:33

So there's a shout from the crowd? Gotta listen to the song now, cause so far I've never heard it. I always though "Shut up" was directed at Mick, who I found seems to be looking at Keith in a kinda "what the hell are you doing? way when Keith approaches the mic and starts singing along, y'know.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home