Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Buffalo 8/8/75
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: September 14, 2008 02:21

Anybody know anything about the origin of the recording of this show (Rich Stadium, Buffalo, NY 8/8/75)? I was pleasantly surprised with the sound quality. It almost sounds like a soundboard recording, the way the vocals cut through. But I'm almost positive it's an audience recording.

Any opinions on the performance/recording of this, the final T.O.T.A. show?

Re: Buffalo 8/8/75
Date: September 14, 2008 04:55

The orig. source is an audience recording quite close to the stage. I believe it has been remastered. Yes, it almost sounds like a soundboard recording. I swear Mick was on heroin for this show.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 14, 2008 05:11

Bull crap about the heroin. This rumor got started in one of Keiths biographies. The author states in the same paragraph that Mick starts singing Street Fighting man instead of Brown Sugar. Something like that. I was at the show. It never happened!!! Also if you listen to the bootleg you can hear IT NEVER HAPPENED. How can these writers just make up crap and get away with it?????

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 14, 2008 06:26

EXACTLY, I was in the front row at this show( not actually a row, it was general admission!), and Mick was absolutely incredible, spot on all night! Not at all under the influence of anything, just adrenaline! The best Stones show of all 36 I've seen!!

Date: September 14, 2008 06:29

P.S. You should have heard " YOU GOTTA MOVE" with the Stones and Billy Preston and Ollie Brown singing it full throttle!! Very inspiring in it's raggedness!

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: September 14, 2008 16:01

This was a great show. I got a good soaking from Jagger's bucket after he doused himself. Mickschix, I remember seeing ya there!

Date: September 14, 2008 18:27

I didn't READ anything. He just sounds totally out of it. Maybe the sound was slow on my tape. Don't be so sensitive, it's only rock and roll, girls....winking smiley

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: September 14, 2008 19:37

Hey LUXURY MAN, were you the kind gent who lifted me up on his shoulders so I could take pictures!?? Wouldn't it be WILD To find that nice youngman after 33 years?? And hey Menace, I know you weren't THERE as I was so your recording is certainly not up to par; trust me, this was a KICK ASS SHOW! And I am still wearing that incredible T-SHIRT that you sent to me! It's one of my favorite Stones things!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 14, 2008 19:39

MICK--where are the photos?

Date: September 14, 2008 19:50

mickschix
Hey LUXURY MAN, were you the kind gent who lifted me up on his shoulders so I could take pictures!?? Wouldn't it be WILD To find that nice youngman after 33 years?? And hey Menace, I know you weren't THERE as I was so your recording is certainly not up to par; trust me, this was a KICK ASS SHOW! And I am still wearing that incredible T-SHIRT that you sent to me! It's one of my favorite Stones things!

Honey, if you email me your addy I may be able to come up w/another one. Have you been a good "girl"???? (hee hee smiling bouncing smiley)

Date: September 14, 2008 20:09

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out You are such a sweetheart, Menace!! I want to reimburse you for any little treasures you send my way, and I will send my address if you send YOURS! I do hope you've been well, and that in this HORRID economy you are surviving in fine fashion!

Date: September 14, 2008 20:10

grinning smiley AND I WOULDN'T SAY I'VE BEEN A GOOD LITTLE GIRL....how boring is THAT?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 14, 2008 21:16

nice nice,,,,,´meeting ,,again,,drinking smiley after 33 years, you should visit letterman ,or jay..or cbs 60 min,,

this bootleg is good,,but what happen to the rest of the concert (tapes)?

Date: September 14, 2008 21:44

I have a lot of photos but I am NOT a computer genius, and don't know how to post pictures here. If someone were to provide a DETAILED description of exactly how to post, I' could give it a try!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 14, 2008 22:30

I was not at the show. As I was 15, my parents deemed me too young to go. : (

But I have heard stories/seen pics of the band partying before the gig at a little local bar, that was recently knocked down, called the Stadium Inn. Supposedly there was so much traffic near the stadium, their management walked in and took over the bar for the day, and they partied there (hard) all day.

Might be part (sub)urban myth, but they were supposedly very, very drunk.

According to people who were at both Buffalo shows that year, one inside, one outside, this show was sloppy, with the Stones taking forever to come on after the opening acts (Outlaws and Bobby Womack)...but still a great show, a great party, a great event.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 14, 2008 22:52

Tumblin_Dice_07
Anybody know anything about the origin of the recording of this show (Rich Stadium, Buffalo, NY 8/8/75)? I was pleasantly surprised with the sound quality. It almost sounds like a soundboard recording, the way the vocals cut through. But I'm almost positive it's an audience recording.

Any opinions on the performance/recording of this, the final T.O.T.A. show?
The first half of the show (until Luxury) is available as very good soundboard recording on Heartbreakers In Buffalo (VGP-028) and a few other releases.

Date: September 14, 2008 22:58

mickschix
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out You are such a sweetheart, Menace!! I want to reimburse you for any little treasures you send my way, and I will send my address if you send YOURS! I do hope you've been well, and that in this HORRID economy you are surviving in fine fashion!

Possum, you know that as a gentleman, your kindness and friendship are remuneration enough. And if you ever come to Seattle you can watch me get wild drinking pomegranate cosmopolitans at Pesos, just a step away from my gracious flat.>grinning smiley<

Aren't I supposed to come visit you? When is a good time, anyways?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 14, 2008 23:00

midnrambler

The first half of the show (until Luxury) is available as very good soundboard recording on Heartbreakers In Buffalo (VGP-028) and a few other releases.

You´re right but that´s Buffalo 06/15 @ War Memorial Auditorium, not the Rich Stadium show at the end of the tour Tumblin_Dice_07 is referring to. The latter is only available from a good/very good audience source. Too bad it´s cut between songs. Mick is pretty TOASTED and it would be "interesting" to hear his in-between-song banter.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 14, 2008 23:11

The Menace of Mayfair
I swear Mick was on heroin for this show.

Pretty ragged performance, but still a lot of fun to listen to. There is a moment during IYCRM medley where the band gets totally lost. I also love that moment at the start of Gimme Shelter when they are one minute or so into the song and for no reason Mick shouts "We´ll do it one more time Keith". Keith just ignores him and plays on...

Date: September 14, 2008 23:58

When can I buy the bootleg of this!? Even ragged would be good! I know they were loose, I would not say falling down drunk!!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 15, 2008 01:58

So I'm curious now, - what source are we talking of here?

TD07 speaks of a almost soundboard CD. Others say it's only good audience.
Same source or a new tape?

Can someone name the boots please?!

Date: September 15, 2008 02:43

mickschix
When can I buy the bootleg of this!? Even ragged would be good! I know they were loose, I would not say falling down drunk!!

I have the bootleg ,wanna copy?

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: September 15, 2008 04:21

CousinC
So I'm curious now, - what source are we talking of here?

TD07 speaks of a almost soundboard CD. Others say it's only good audience.
Same source or a new tape?

Can someone name the boots please?!

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. It's a good/very good audience recording but there's something about the way the vocals cut through that reminds me of a soundboard. I'm sure it's an audience recording, but it could almost pass as a very high generation soundboard to my ears, although I know that isn't the case. When I say a high generation soundboard, I mean a pretty rough one.

The recording is pretty good though as audience recordings go.

Date: September 15, 2008 14:54

MORE HOT ROCKS, I'd love a copy; email me, if you can, and I will send you $$. Thanks!!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 15, 2008 19:55

A boot of the show is on this site.

Date: September 15, 2008 23:41

mickschix
MORE HOT ROCKS, I'd love a copy; email me, if you can, and I will send you $$. Thanks!!

need your email mickschix

Date: September 16, 2008 01:04

Where on this site is the boot?? Anyway, MORE HOT ROCKS, my email is : mickschix2@aol.com Thanks!!

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: September 16, 2008 01:06

This has now been posted over on Hot Stuff

Date: September 16, 2008 02:17

Thanks! winking smiley Looks like my new friend MORE HOT ROCKS is goig to send me a copy! What a doll!

Posted by: Ciganka9 ()
Date: December 15, 2008 15:21

Dear buffalo7478,

I came across this forum because I was doing a search on the Stadium Inn, the bar that you mention in the post. My family owned this little bar and I am currently doing research on it, to try and find old photographs, etc. I never heard this story about the Stones before. Where have you seen the pictures of the Stones in the Stadium Inn? If you have them in scanned format, could I possibly get a copy of them from you? Please email me back at Ciganka9@aol.com. Thank you for your time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home