Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586Next
Current Page: 83 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 11, 2018 13:54

Very cool passes, I'm sure it must of been very exciting. I should have been more clear to say Rattlesnake Lounge pass EUR07. Those in my opinion are the most beautiful passes, and they're not even laminated. Also I love the 14 On Fire, great with the hologram tongues.

Date: April 11, 2018 16:31

mattleeuk
Palace Revolution 2000
I realized another reason your collection is exceptional Matt;it's because so many of the items are unique; a one-time affair.
Many collectors display things that are put out by the dozen on ebay etc, for just that: collector's items.
But these handwritten notes; those oddities from the 70's! are incredible.
I'm starting to think that RS Exhibition should have fused and consulted with you, and put an even better show together.

One off items have very much been the focus of my collection for a few years now. They are not easy to hunt down or acquire but to me they are special pieces of history. I have a really good amount of this kind of stuff now and hopefully it will make my museum super interesting. I won't post it all here (some is too personal) but I'll keep posting some cool stuff.

Here are Ronnie's ideas for Stripped:

Wonderful! His 'suggestions' seem to be close to what was put out. They had the "Tumbling Dice" idea going all along (the two part thing). They might have been talking all along, and were on the same page about what was good. Ronnie was always a list maker. He seems to love doodling along, and mapping things out; with credits, sequencing etc. You look at artwork from his solo albums. I can not imagine that it seriously affects Jagger's decisions in the end.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 11, 2018 21:46

frankotero
Very cool passes, I'm sure it must of been very exciting. I should have been more clear to say Rattlesnake Lounge pass EUR07. Those in my opinion are the most beautiful passes, and they're not even laminated. Also I love the 14 On Fire, great with the hologram tongues.

Just got home... some Rattlesnake passes for your viewing pleasure:

Date: April 12, 2018 03:20

Undoubtedly one of THE best sets of autographs I own and have probably ever seen. Traceable to the day (they each dated it) and including their address / reason for being there. This is the Government Visitors book that was signed at the British Embassy in Singapore on the final date of the 1965 "Far East Tour". It looks small but the book is really massive :-)

Date: April 12, 2018 03:27

Not such a clean set but one of the first I completed and only over two nights so it's also my equal fastest set.

You can see the extra Love at the top left hand of the image, Keith started his autograph here and moved the the black part when he realised it was a silver paint pen. Mick was also fooled by the silver pen and signed in the sky between himself and Keith.

Always be careful if a set is too perfect, that is not the reality of autograph hunting unless it is at a controlled signing.

Date: April 12, 2018 03:33

Just because I'm not interested in the recorded music and of course I don't have any of it... :-) (That's sarcastic of course for anyone that missed the unpleasant person that was here earlier).

Date: April 12, 2018 03:38

One of my favourite non complete sets of autographs but it's kind of complete as it's signed by both people in it. It's over A3 in size so the autographs as genuinely massive and fortunately both managed to be done on a table top so they are nice and clean. Ronnie after the Lilly Savage TV show and Charlie post a Jazz show.

Posted by: kuriousk ()
Date: April 12, 2018 11:16

Fantastic collection, Matt!
Here are some of my items.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-12 11:54 by kuriousk.

Posted by: rodes ()
Date: April 12, 2018 13:16

My fav autographed Stones album.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 13:24

mattleeuk
Undoubtedly one of THE best sets of autographs I own and have probably ever seen. Traceable to the day (they each dated it) and including their address / reason for being there. This is the Government Visitors book that was signed at the British Embassy in Singapore on the final date of the 1965 "Far East Tour". It looks small but the book is really massive :-)

Great! thumbs up

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 15, 2018 07:13

One more from the seventies. A 1973 Goats Head Soup promo sticker which is not easy to find. Especially the graphic is cool...
More seventies items coming this week

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 15, 2018 14:21

35love
...ETA: maybe Scorsese should’ve been looking for Ronnie while tearing around for the night’s setlist ;-) (Shine A Light)

Hmmm...he should have asked Charlie - it was written on the plexiglass surrounding his kit. A bit of artistic licence to create faux drama, methinks.

Date: April 16, 2018 03:56

One of the few Stones promo posters that eluded me until today... Just love it, very happy.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 16, 2018 08:16

Very groovy poster Matt. Never saw that one. Hey, did you have a stand I in Utrecht? There was a different guy in the same spot this time and not with much Stones.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 16, 2018 22:46

SomeTorontoGirl
35love
...ETA: maybe Scorsese should’ve been looking for Ronnie while tearing around for the night’s setlist ;-) (Shine A Light)

Hmmm...he should have asked Charlie - it was written on the plexiglass surrounding his kit. A bit of artistic licence to create faux drama, methinks.

Congratulations Matt. This a stellar poster. Not sure if I’ve seen before the
catalog. I ended up bidding on a couple vintage window cards from the other
catalog - 30’s thru 50’s blues/jazz artists. However, they ended up going for way too much. You got a good deal on your poster - it a beauty. The Beggars poster
was good too maybe not so rare though. The satanic poster is such a cool size.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 16, 2018 23:11

SomeTorontoGirl
35love

*Lol I feel like we’re friends remembering past Scorcese banters

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 16, 2018 23:13

mattleeuk
One of the few Stones promo posters that eluded me until today... Just love it, very happy.

Did it come w/ 3D glasses? Try Ronnie’s blue ones in your cabinets.

Date: April 17, 2018 03:12

frankotero
Very groovy poster Matt. Never saw that one. Hey, did you have a stand I in Utrecht? There was a different guy in the same spot this time and not with much Stones.

I didn't go this time... I am busy putting my museum together in time for the tour. I used to go to Utrecht and buy loads of amazing stuff but it is getting harder and harder to find the best bits at fairs. Still love the vibe though and miss it when I don't go.

Date: April 17, 2018 03:15

swimtothemoon
SomeTorontoGirl
35love

Congratulations Matt. This a stellar poster. Not sure if I’ve seen before the
catalog. I ended up bidding on a couple vintage window cards from the other
catalog - 30’s thru 50’s blues/jazz artists. However, they ended up going for way too much. You got a good deal on your poster - it a beauty. The Beggars poster
was good too maybe not so rare though. The satanic poster is such a cool size.

One of my best collecting buddies and great contributor here got the Beggars :-) I have a super clean one that is currently in Exhibitionism and a spare so was super happy to stand back on it. The Satanic has annoying eluded me for a long time so glad to finally get one.

Date: April 17, 2018 19:40

As I promised some more great 70s items here is a great looking guest pass for the 1972 S.T.P.

If anyone has more 70s passes or laminates please contact me.

Date: April 18, 2018 22:43

Some great flyer / handbill from 1976 Tour of Europe. Amazing and rare item.

Matt, what’s next?

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: April 20, 2018 00:36

Matt, thanks for the kind words in your last post ... cool smiley

I decided to post during the next couple of days/week also some collectors items. To shorten the time the Beggars Promo Poster arrives in my collection, here the respective flyer ... and I bet not many have seen this one before ...

Andreas

Date: April 20, 2018 00:38

... I like those promo posters, here one from the Sixties ...

Andreas

Date: April 20, 2018 00:40

... ever seen such one before :-) ?

Andreas

Date: April 20, 2018 00:42

... what about his here ... I know only from one other complete hanging Mobile ...

Andreas

Date: April 20, 2018 00:45

... yah like Charlie stuff ?

Andreas

Date: April 20, 2018 00:47

... The Rolling stones Mobile studio ...

Andreas

Date: April 20, 2018 00:59

... an original painted artwork for a (unfortunately) not realized "Let It Bleed" Billboard ...

Andreas

Posted by: nick ()
Date: April 20, 2018 02:26

That Mobile Recording Studio is cool. What on that tape?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 20, 2018 02:39

Cool stuff Andreas - especially the “Let it Bleed” Billboard design.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586Next
Current Page: 83 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home