Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586Next
Current Page: 82 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 9, 2018 02:13

DartordRenegade, always happy to show those that are interested. I just can't wait to be able to display more of it, far too much is in boxes.

I won't be serving this at the openning...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 9, 2018 02:35

mattleeuk is going into clothes!
You let me know (maybe don’t) if Sir Jagger flings a small leather coat your way... authenticated how? This is trouble already!
You can keep your obnoxious yellow jumpsuit tho, LOL! ;-)

Date: April 9, 2018 03:21

I've always picked up a few clothes here and there, I guess I am just getting more serious! Love the banana yellow jump suit ;-) Got a very small selection of stage worn stuff sadly, working on correcting that.

Post the Stu card I had a couple of requests for business cards. So here are two Ronnie ones. I have a Keith one and a Bill one somewhere (they are small so not easy to find) but no Mick or Charlie. Anyone got Mick or Charlie from any era?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 9, 2018 04:11

mattleeuk
I've been collecting more clothing recently, particular crew only stuff. Got to love this 73 Crew jumpsuit (It actually fits me so maybe I'll sport it at one of the gigs this summer).

Wow nice - you should definitely wear it Matt as it fits right in with the yellow NoFilter design. smiling smiley

And I can see now where Devo got their idea for their uniforms, though their's were made from a synthetic rubber/plastic material.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-09 04:12 by Hairball.

Date: April 9, 2018 05:17

At the risk of being redundant I have to say that these last items upped the ante.
The door of the Mobile studio, the proposed artwork, the jumpsuit LOL - these are real gems. It doesn't get any deeper. I guess you could start collecting Mick's fruit of the looms, but all ...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 9, 2018 06:27

Your museum? Any chance of a "Stones-like" touring exhibition to PERTH Australia then??

...thought so!

LOVE to see it one day though....

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2018 10:03

Original concept artwork for The Rolling Stones Mobile Studio

Love this one Matt ..... Thanks for sharing ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: April 9, 2018 11:29

Thanks Matt appreciate it. I would be definitely be interested in making a trip up to London from Kent to view your collection whenever you are doing a showing.

I love the Steel Wheels bottle of bubbly and no definitely don't open it much more valuable if kept intact.

I like the fact you have focused primarily on memorabilia and unusual items. There is so much to collect that it's good to focus on certain items.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 9, 2018 11:39

The bottle is fun !
Has probably always been nicer to watch than to drink and with the years, it is more and more the case LOL

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: April 9, 2018 11:46

Another poster : Lyon 1998.
Oversized 1m x 1.50m
I was supposed to attend the show, but it got cancelled. 1998 was a bad year for french fans : 4 shows scheduled (Paris(x2), Lyon and Marseille) but only 1 took place in Paris. The FIFA World Cup that summer had a terrible effect of the ticket sales.
Lyon did get the Stones in 2007. The sad thing is that the tickets were beautiful but that we had to give them back for the refund...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: April 9, 2018 15:29

DartfordRenegade
I would be definitely be interested in making a trip up to London from Kent to view your collection whenever you are doing a showing.

I like the fact you have focused primarily on memorabilia and unusual items. There is so much to collect that it's good to focus on certain items.

I am happy to do private showings (at this point) especially at weekends. I hoping to complete (near enough) the initial set up in the next couple of weeks and then about a year away is the much bigger commercial space I have purchased.

I started out in posters and CD's. I kind of finished CD's (if that's possible) so I moved more and more into visually appealing items. Press kits, passes, promo items, tour items, rare merch, retail displays etc... Although be honest there isn't much I don't collect anymore. I'm into historical importance now too, hence the acquisition of the 1st contract and a full 5 track copy of the original IBC Acetate (both on loan to Exhibitionism). I am a massive lyric / letter fan as I find those both visually appealing and historically interesting.

I like to collect the best stuff I can find in every category, there are very many purist record collectors that would make my record collection look amateur in terms of breadth and depth but relatively few of them that have the holy grails, UK Promo album, Street Fighting Man etc...

The most important thing is enjoying whatever you collect. I get most of my enjoyment from sharing my passion with others which sadly isn't often a common trait at the high end. It can be pretty cut throat and lonely.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 9, 2018 15:57

MattLeeUK
The most important thing is enjoying whatever you collect. I get most of my enjoyment from sharing my passion with others which sadly isn't often a common trait at the high end. It can be pretty cut throat and lonely.

Wise words there, Matt. Many people tend to collect things but don't realize that there are only a limited amount of years to collect for themselves in the end.
So, to be able to share with others makes it more meaningful I guess...

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 9, 2018 20:24

Wonderful thread, certainly one of my favorites on this board. Thank you very much guys for putting so much work in what you do and sharing your passion online or in person. Egoistic minds might put these items away in their cellar but you are making them visible for everyone.

Personally, I'm also interested in starting a collection but I'll have to wait until the Stones stop touring to be able to so ;-)

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: April 9, 2018 21:12

mattleeuk

The most important thing is enjoying whatever you collect.

Matt Lee,

Collecting is strange. I love bootlegs (silvers & vinyls). When I received my first bootlegs, I remember how exited I was when I received "Mick Taylor We Miss You" red vinyl. I was exited by the music on the record, and I was exited by the item itself. Pure joy when I heard "Don't Lie To Me" live.

The items you are showing are so amazing/awesome - I don't know the exact word I should use in english. Most of us, I think, even don't imagine these thing existed before you show pictures. It's very very very impressive.

Thanks for all.

Date: April 9, 2018 21:36

Some Ronnie working lyrics on Sir John Mills Wick Stationary.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: April 10, 2018 02:12

LiveAtHidepark
mattleeuk

The most important thing is enjoying whatever you collect.

Matt Lee,

Collecting is strange. I love bootlegs (silvers & vinyls). When I received my first bootlegs, I remember how exited I was when I received "Mick Taylor We Miss You" red vinyl. I was exited by the music on the record, and I was exited by the item itself. Pure joy when I heard "Don't Lie To Me" live.

The items you are showing are so amazing/awesome - I don't know the exact word I should use in english. Most of us, I think, even don't imagine these thing existed before you show pictures. It's very very very impressive.

Thanks for all.

I have a copy of the Mick Taylor We Miss You vinyl boot too. I know what you mean about the excitement of collecting and obtaining new stuff.

I was first introduced to bootlegs by a couple of my friends who had Bowie and Zeppelin boots but also a few Stones ones too. We all went to Knebworth to see the Stones and I remember the thrill of first getting a cassette boot of most of the show and later the vinyl boot.

I collected quite a number of vinyl and later CD bootlegs over the years and still have them all along with a few other bits and pieces.

I still enjoy picking up the odd collectable when I can.

Date: April 10, 2018 13:33

Not alot...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 13:46 by mattleeuk.

Date: April 10, 2018 13:39

I was asked if I had a Woody's on the Beach card for Ronnie. I am pretty sure I don't but I do have two handwritten set lists, the managers card, a cocktail menu and a bunch of flyers etc... I used to know "everything" I had but now honestly I don't. Here is one of the handwritten set lists (I may have posted this before).

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 10, 2018 13:40

mattleeuk
Bill's Mobile Card

Wonder what happens if you dial that number now???

Rod

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 13:41 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 10, 2018 14:11

bitusa2012
mattleeuk
Bill's Mobile Card

Wonder what happens if you dial that number now???

Nothing. It's old format London number.... that style has changed twice since then.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 10, 2018 15:38

I realized another reason your collection is exceptional Matt;it's because so many of the items are unique; a one-time affair.
Many collectors display things that are put out by the dozen on ebay etc, for just that: collector's items.
But these handwritten notes; those oddities from the 70's! are incredible.
I'm starting to think that RS Exhibition should have fused and consulted with you, and put an even better show together. Actually I still believe that the ultimate collection, and the ultimate audio compilation/Holy Grail is still to be done. And will be fueled by major fan input.
I know Jagger stated that he considered and listened to suggestions from hardcore collectors when he put Exile Outtakes together; and yes "Plundered my Soul" is a wonderful, never heard, total success; but the whole disc could have been so much more.

Date: April 11, 2018 02:27

Palace Revolution 2000
I realized another reason your collection is exceptional Matt;it's because so many of the items are unique; a one-time affair.
Many collectors display things that are put out by the dozen on ebay etc, for just that: collector's items.
But these handwritten notes; those oddities from the 70's! are incredible.
I'm starting to think that RS Exhibition should have fused and consulted with you, and put an even better show together.

One off items have very much been the focus of my collection for a few years now. They are not easy to hunt down or acquire but to me they are special pieces of history. I have a really good amount of this kind of stuff now and hopefully it will make my museum super interesting. I won't post it all here (some is too personal) but I'll keep posting some cool stuff.

Here are Ronnie's ideas for Stripped:

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 11, 2018 02:31

Coooool smiling smiley

I am happy Ronnie kept and forwarded that kind of stuff, it is awesome!

Thank again for sharing

Date: April 11, 2018 02:33

My GRRR passes... please note the star and bug stickers, these were added following a security concern that a pass had fallen into the wrong hands.

I am often asked what my favourite items are (what I would rescue in a fire) and while I have so many very special things my tour passes are the most sentimental by far. It's beyond an incredible privilege.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 02:39 by mattleeuk.

Date: April 11, 2018 02:43

Ronnie's partial lyrics for Faces track "Open to Ideas"

Date: April 11, 2018 10:34

Matt, your collection is just awesome
Thanks for sharing

Date: April 11, 2018 12:55

Your killing us, Matt, great stuff. Makes me wonder if the Stones are the only band around with this vast, seemingly endless, quantity of memorabilia. Not only the band of course, but also their solo spin off projects and careers.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 11, 2018 13:10

I've also got a thing for backstage passes. Really like the artsy type and The Stones always have great ones since 1989. By chance do you have a nice scan of ABB 2007? I found a yellow one on ebay but the color is weak compared to the others. Cheers!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 11, 2018 13:15

It makes me wonder: we always thought Ronnie was symbolically and artistically creating the setlists, now I am wondering if he is the original nightly author/ final decider drinking smiley. Sure seems he puts a great deal of thought and efforts into song selections, and order of songs, ahead of shows.
The lyrics on old establishments stationary in his penmanship- lovely.

ETA: maybe Scorsese should’ve been looking for Ronnie while tearing around for the night’s setlist ;-) (Shine A Light)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 16:15 by 35love.

Date: April 11, 2018 13:35

frankotero
I've also got a thing for backstage passes. Really like the artsy type and The Stones always have great ones since 1989. By chance do you have a nice scan of ABB 2007? I found a yellow one on ebay but the color is weak compared to the others. Cheers!

The Euro 07 Was my first ever, so very special to me (although it didn't have my picture) I was #7 Guest 4

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586Next
Current Page: 82 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home