Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586Next
Current Page: 81 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 6, 2018 13:26

Sorry if I was over reacting, as I said in my original response I post as MattLeeUK because I don't hide behind my keyboard. The internet is plagued with people who are negative towards others unnecessarily. To be fair what if I didn't care about the recordings, does that even matter. I meet people who go to many shows and don't collect anything, I meet people who collect records but don't go to shows and everything in between. What brings us all together is our shared passion however we choose to enjoy it.

I do massively respond to positive comments too! Several have reached out to me and asked for particular things which I always respond to. I haven't stopped posting (although I have to work sometimes to fund my habit) and I won't let some kill joy deny me the pleasure of sharing my passion. If anything it drives me harder to push on with the fit out of my new museum space to enable more sharing.

Love those Voodoo Lounge posters Doc, took me nearly a decade to find a Wembley 95 one (which was my first show). It always means much more when you were there!

On with the show... Ronnie's Emotional Rescue artwork concepts (quite appropriate):

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 6, 2018 14:21

I prefer Ronnie's Emotional Rescue artwork to the official. Thanks mattleeuk I appreciate your collection and valuable information you rock!

Date: April 6, 2018 14:38

I am blown away by these last few items you threw up here MattLee; just phenomenal. The handwritten note by Keith, the tracklist for "Not For Beginners", but I have to say I myself am most impressed with Ronnie's proposed artwork ideas for ER.
Matt - you a champ.I love this thread, and I am grateful to MattLee for showing us these items; hard work, hard work. Reelstone owes you an apology at the least.
One question Matt: you mention that you produced an album for Ronnie. Or did I misunderstand?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-06 14:46 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: April 6, 2018 14:39

Doc
Leonioid
So 40-50... 1000 People say Thank You, Please post more, express appreciation... and get no reaction at all... basically ignored.

Then one scumbag complains and they get a reaction and response... how does that make sense? confused smiley

This place is missing a "like" button...

Actually a very valid suggestion.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 6, 2018 14:44

mattleeuk
...I simply don’t understand negative people... either piss off or I’ll share my passion elsewhere.

Despite the odd troll, I think IORR has one of the biggest concentrations of people who share your passion and appreciate that you share it with us so generously. I’ll not forget your kindness in taking me through Exhibitionism - I had already been once but your insight elevated the experience to one I’ll not forget. You are a Rarity!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 6, 2018 18:37

mattleeuk
Sorry if I was over reacting, as I said in my original response I post as MattLeeUK because I don't hide behind my keyboard. The internet is plagued with people who are negative towards others unnecessarily. To be fair what if I didn't care about the recordings, does that even matter. I meet people who go to many shows and don't collect anything, I meet people who collect records but don't go to shows and everything in between. What brings us all together is our shared passion however we choose to enjoy it.

I do massively respond to positive comments too! Several have reached out to me and asked for particular things which I always respond to. I haven't stopped posting (although I have to work sometimes to fund my habit) and I won't let some kill joy deny me the pleasure of sharing my passion. If anything it drives me harder to push on with the fit out of my new museum space to enable more sharing.

Love those Voodoo Lounge posters Doc, took me nearly a decade to find a Wembley 95 one (which was my first show). It always means much more when you were there!

On with the show... Ronnie's Emotional Rescue artwork concepts (quite appropriate):

*I just listened to the studio recording ‘Emotional Rescue’ if that’s not the best last 30 seconds of a song, I don’t know wth is.
I have always wondered ‘who’ coined the brilliant term ‘Emotional Rescue’
(Glimmers right ya) just love it, and to see this- treat/ thanks again sharing.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 6, 2018 21:09

I've only been a member here for several years so I never knew how/ what your connection to the band was Matt.. Very cool story!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 6, 2018 22:59

This is the best thread up on iorr.org. Especially with guys like Matt it’s always a pleasure to see it up in the list!
I promised some very rare and great stuff from the 70a... of course it can’t compete with items of Matt’s collection:
But here it is: The 1972 STP press kit for The Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder in great condition.
Hope you guys like it... more to follow soon...

Posted by: nick ()
Date: April 7, 2018 00:08

Very cool they included those postcards.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 7, 2018 00:15

That's really cool henrik87. Thanks for the pictures. Always loved the '72 jet artwork.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 7, 2018 01:41

Cool stuff henrik87 - thanks for sharing! thumbs up

Date: April 7, 2018 14:43

Palace Revolution 2000
One question Matt: you mention that you produced an album for Ronnie. Or did I misunderstand?

Technically I was the executive producer. I had funded Ronnie's gig at the Ambassadors Theatre and was over at his place in Surrey one Sunday afternoon. I stayed there until the evening and ended up driving him into London. Rather embarrassingly fan like when I started the car the "I Feel Like Playing" studio album blasted out of the CD player. I told him I would love to release a live album of the show but he said the record company wouldn't be interested because they wanted to sell more studio albums. Ultimately that's what led me to suggest a limited vinyl boxed set as that wouldn't cannibalise the record company's sales thus enabling us to get permission because it would actually promote their Studio album.

Having worked with Sally on the live show, Sally and I then set about designing what as a fan and collector would be my perfect release. As a fan it had to be the whole show without any cut outs or reordering of tracks. As a collector I wanted to press it on 180 gram coloured vinyl and throw in everything possible, a pick, the show poster, Ronnie's draft set list etc... The costs racked up rather fast and I was fully funding it. Each of the three different coloured records came in their own sleeves and even the inside of the lid was printed. Ronnie agreed to sign a photo to go in every copy to ensure the package remained great value (but of course we got little protective sleeves for the photos too).

Definitely one of my most fun "Stones" experiences and there have been a lot!

Ronnie Wood - Live In London - Ambassadors Theatre

Date: April 7, 2018 16:36

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 7, 2018 16:48

Matt, I love the song ‘Sweetness My Weakness’ actually just discovered it a little while ago, having not followed Ronnie’s solo career previously.

I saw a clip of him playing it live from this show, was surprised to read he did 2 back to back shows in 1 night.

I assume to make it profitable? Did he really almost pass out (rumor.)

He looked great, and out of all his solo works, I was drawn to this one first since it was after he got sober.

I bought the studio download, and frankly, ‘Sweetness’ knocked me out (track 2) haven't heard the rest yet -

P.S.
I guess around 2010 it probably looked like the RS would not come together again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 16:54 by 35love.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 7, 2018 17:03

thanks for sharing all this beautiful stuff

Date: April 7, 2018 17:16

mattleeuk
Palace Revolution 2000

Technically I was the executive producer. I had funded Ronnie's gig at the Ambassadors Theatre and was over at his place in Surrey one Sunday afternoon. I stayed there until the evening and ended up driving him into London. Rather embarrassingly fan like when I started the car the "I Feel Like Playing" studio album blasted out of the CD player. I told him I would love to release a live album of the show but he said the record company wouldn't be interested because they wanted to sell more studio albums. Ultimately that's what led me to suggest a limited vinyl boxed set as that wouldn't cannibalise the record company's sales thus enabling us to get permission because it would actually promote their Studio album.

Having worked with Sally on the live show, Sally and I then set about designing what as a fan and collector would be my perfect release. As a fan it had to be the whole show without any cut outs or reordering of tracks. As a collector I wanted to press it on 180 gram coloured vinyl and throw in everything possible, a pick, the show poster, Ronnie's draft set list etc... The costs racked up rather fast and I was fully funding it. Each of the three different coloured records came in their own sleeves and even the inside of the lid was printed. Ronnie agreed to sign a photo to go in every copy to ensure the package remained great value (but of course we got little protective sleeves for the photos too).

Definitely one of my most fun "Stones" experiences and there have been a lot!

Ronnie Wood - Live In London - Ambassadors Theatre

Holy Crap! I'm speechless; you have just entered 'Iconic Mode'! Thanks for sharing, Matt.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: April 7, 2018 19:40

henrik87
This is the best thread up on iorr.org. Especially with guys like Matt it’s always a pleasure to see it up in the list!
I promised some very rare and great stuff from the 70a... of course it can’t compete with items of Matt’s collection:
But here it is: The 1972 STP press kit for The Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder in great condition.

Hi Henrik, a great and true collectors item, especially in such a condition and complete with the Fotos ... congratulation ... this is one of the very few press kits I need for my collection :-)

All the best
Andreas

Date: April 7, 2018 22:11

arc-angel
henrik87

Hi Henrik, a great and true collectors item, especially in such a condition and complete with the Fotos ... congratulation ... this is one of the very few press kits I need for my collection :-)

All the best
Andreas

Hi Andreas,
thanks for your kind comment! I am very very glad I found this rarity at a real bargain price! It’s great to see you here back in this thread. Maybe you can show us some of your latest additions too?

Date: April 8, 2018 21:36

From behind the door of the Mobile Studio

Date: April 8, 2018 21:40

Original concept artwork for The Rolling Stones Mobile Studio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 8, 2018 21:56

Thanks guys for sharing your memorabilia here. I guess it's one of the points of being a collector to be able to share it with other fans. And to look is free!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 8, 2018 21:57

henrik87
This is the best thread up on iorr.org. Especially with guys like Matt it’s always a pleasure to see it up in the list![/URL]

Indeed it is, and we're so lucky to have these hardcore collectors like you and many others sharing their passion and knowledge with us.

mattleeuk

Very well said, Matt.

Date: April 8, 2018 22:01

I promised more items from the 70s!
Of course concept artwork for the Stones mobile studio truck is another kind of rarity but I wanna share with you a mint 1972 STP sticker!

If anyone has original vintage stickers or handbills from 73,75 or 76 for sale please contact me.

Date: April 8, 2018 22:04

mattleeuk
Original concept artwork for The Rolling Stones Mobile Studio

Matt! That is awesome! You surprised us once again! Thanks for sharing your passion and collection here!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 8, 2018 22:30

Wow, heavy stuff showing up here during the weekend :-)

Matt, I am very admirative of all the stuff you have been collecting over the years. How do you find time to collect and drive your professional life as succesfully ?

Interesting to see that Ronnie was into drawings for the band even in those years.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 8, 2018 22:52

To Matt Lee,
Matt thank you for all your fantastic posts and insights to your wonderful collection, One day I would love to see your Museum in person . Kind Regards Tonstone from Edinburgh

Date: April 8, 2018 23:53

Doc
How do you find time to collect and drive your professional life as successfully ?

It's more a case of having to be successful in order to keep driving the collection forward. Having started a business with my housemate and £1,000 nine years ago we now employ over 100 people so that makes touring etc... a little more possible although it's never easy. It certainly makes collecting easier from a financial point of view but sadly I still struggle time wise to stay on top of it and I've got at least 100 unsorted boxes. I am so excited to finalise the plans for my museum space and launch that. It will have about 8 times more display space than the current mini museum in my flat.

Date: April 8, 2018 23:54

It only cost £150 to hire the Stones in September 1963

Date: April 8, 2018 23:59

I've been collecting more clothing recently, particular crew only stuff. Got to love this 73 Crew jumpsuit (It actually fits me so maybe I'll sport it at one of the gigs this summer).

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: April 9, 2018 00:36

Fantastic collection Matt. Looking forward to the museum launch I would definitely love to come to that.

I have a small collection myself of various items I have collected over the years. As a teenager I loved going for trips up to London to record fairs and collectors shops to buy bootlegs and various items of memorabilia.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586Next
Current Page: 81 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home