Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT:Led Zeppelin Trio Working On New Material
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 27, 2008 23:43

Page and Townshend should just take Ronnie and Blondie's places and make some real money! Of course Page would need to dye his hair or wear a bandana.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 28, 2008 00:01

Lukester
Elmo Lewis
They need Plant more than he needs them.

Exactly

Gotta Agree....and I'm getting sick of Plant's attitude - he can do both. Take away his millions and we'll see how quickly he'll be croaking out "There's a lady who's sure..." faster than you can say CAROUSELAMBRA..... does anybody remember Gratitude DAMN IT !!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 09:56 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 28, 2008 00:28

I don't think Plant should do it. He's having a whale of a time at the mo, the O2 gig was a success and the Zep legacy is intact (mainly because they avoided reunion tours!).

He got his millions so let him enjoy life the way he wants to.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 28, 2008 01:11

Steven
Page and Townshend should just take Ronnie and Blondie's places and make some real money! Of course Page would need to dye his hair or wear a bandana.

While Pete would just wear a Beatle wig and say the hell with it.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:11

...spe...s....s........spew!!!!

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:14

Hmm...perhaps it's just testing some demos for Plant to later chew on. Yeah, I could see this resulting in a near-future collaboration with Plant onboard. After the two Page/Plant records and the one-off concert, anything is possible. With JPJ back in the lineup, the Zeppelin could fly again.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:46

Perhaps Plant is just being coy for the sake of it. Maybe they will drop a bomb - record some new tracks but leave it as "just checking the temperature", book a tour, release some kind of album and let it explode.

Wouldn't surprise me. But I really doubt it too. A new record would most likely tarnish their legacy.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:52

they will not tour with or without plant, they dont have it in them and thats why they keep avoiding it and doing all this silly procrastinating, they could never pull off a world tour like our boys

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 28, 2008 03:32

Plant will eventually be there or it simply won't finalize...period!

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 03:37

It would be pretty cool if Jimmy had one more great (or even good) record in him. I am not a fan of The Firm or Outrider and the Page / Plant records were okay but nothing to get too exceited about. Coverdale / Page is not worth mentioning.

Cautiously optimistic.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 28, 2008 04:04

Who knows what Plant is thinking.
I would not be surprised if he joins the 3 after his current project. Just like a politician, or perhaps a celebrity about to go through a divorce, deny it until the last minute.
...but should he choose never to return, then I say...

recruit the Wilson Sisters, go out on the road as Heart of Zeppelin, let the girls throw in 2 or 3 Heart numbers, and the rest will be LZ songs. I think Ann's voice can handle it.

Date: August 28, 2008 04:12

BluzDude
recruit the Wilson Sisters, go out on the road as Heart of Zeppelin, let the girls throw in 2 or 3 Heart numbers, and the rest will be LZ songs. I think Ann's voice can handle it.

Sounds too good to ever come true.
"Stroking the stone soul, loving, drinking and doping."

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 28, 2008 05:29

BluzDude
I would not be surprised if he joins the 3 after his current project. Just like a politician, or perhaps a celebrity about to go through a divorce, deny it until the last minute.

That's one of the better suggestions I've heard. Better than David Coverversion coming back.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 06:03

I was a fan of the Black Crowes tour. I thought Chris Robinson did a great job.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 28, 2008 14:44

Wasn't the original line up Page, Jeff Beck, Keith Moon and John Entwhistle?

If Plant doen't want to do it they could always ask David Coverdale !

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:08

audun-eg
Some Stones fans think that there's no Stones without Brian.

Is there really such a person? A person who thinks Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street were the work of a band that was no longer really the Rolling Stones?

Date: August 28, 2008 15:16

jlowe
audun-eg

I mean even John Lennon realised you couldn't call 'em the Beatles without Paulie being in the band.

You've got it backwards. John quit the Beatles. Paul quit only after he realized John wasn't coming back.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:21

skipstone
Plant is a whining old man who is above it all. He will never do it. He's a wuss.

Good for him. He knows his and the band's reputation is secure by resisting the lure of it being the biggest grossing tour in history and by following his own muse instead.

The idea of them reuniting for a long term project after three decades is some kind of bad joke. Plant has moved on. Time everyone else did too.

Refreshing to see that there are still some performers out there prepared to do what they truly feel like doing career wise instead of following the dollar signs all the time.

I can take or leave his current stuff but although I prefer Zeppelin's music I genuinely hope they DONT reunite.

Date: August 28, 2008 15:21

thecitadel
Plant seems to do plenty of Led zep songs in his setlist with Alison K.

Only three Zep songs at the Plant/Krauss concert I saw.

Date: August 28, 2008 15:29

bassplayer617
Hmm...perhaps it's just testing some demos for Plant to later chew on. Yeah, I could see this resulting in a near-future collaboration with Plant onboard. After the two Page/Plant records and the one-off concert, anything is possible. With JPJ back in the lineup, the Zeppelin could fly again.

Maybe Plant told them to go ahead and see what they could come up with, and that he would listen to the tracks, and, if he thought they were any good, he'd consider getting involved, but if that's the case, it would certainly be a radical departure from the way their creative process always worked in the past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 15:41 by tatters.

Date: August 28, 2008 15:38

BluzDude

Has Page ever even said that he is an admirer of Heart? A soft, feminized version of Led Zeppelin? Is that really anyone's idea of a good time?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:09

Maybe Plant is waiting to see what songs might develop and if the quality is there or not.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:17

tatters
thecitadel
Plant seems to do plenty of Led zep songs in his setlist with Alison K.

Only three Zep songs at the Plant/Krauss concert I saw.

Yeah and those are the 3 that get the biggest reaction. At least at the show I went to.

Date: August 28, 2008 16:31

If they can't get Robert, try Ian Astbury.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:56

How did Page and Plant (and Jones) construct their "songs" in the past.
Did they individually come up with their own mainly completed material (as with Lennon and McCartney) or did one of them take a lead on the lyrics....and so on.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:22

jlowe
How did Page and Plant (and Jones) construct their "songs" in the past.
Did they individually come up with their own mainly completed material (as with Lennon and McCartney) or did one of them take a lead on the lyrics....and so on.

They just listened to their old blues records, sometimes changed the lyrics a bit, then recorded the stuff.winking smiley

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:24

DandelionPowderman
If they can't get Robert, try Ian Astbury.

That'd be quite a thing; being in The Doors and Led Zeppelin! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Matti ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:33

Gazza

The idea of them reuniting for a long term project after three decades is some kind of bad joke. Plant has moved on. Time everyone else did too.

Refreshing to see that there are still some performers out there prepared to do what they truly feel like doing career wise instead of following the dollar signs all the time.

I can take or leave his current stuff but although I prefer Zeppelin's music I genuinely hope they DONT reunite.

Agree 100 %.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 28, 2008 21:45

I'm with Sgt Gaz n all....

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 30, 2008 07:35

Recruit the Wilson sisters? They'd have to have a well-reinforced stage to make sure it doesn't cave in under Ann! Heart was c-ck rock with no balls.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home