Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 53
Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 26, 2008 00:01

Now that I have always wondered about - what track would actually go where - forget what people 'know' - what album were they actually started for (like, for instance, Cellophane Trousers and Hang Fire) as listed on the master for those sessions.

That would be funny - to actually remove an album from the discog because of properly placing those tunes on their respected albums they were recorded/started for.

Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: August 26, 2008 12:15

Why some of You complain ? if You don't like it don't buy it, but please stop to complain that You have all outtakes and live shows. Who cares
i have more than 1000 live shows, outtakes etc but i was dreaming about Stones Deluxes Editions. I have some of them (The Who) and for me the best thing about it is artwork. i'd buy it anyway depite the fact i have these albums in Collector's edition. We haven't seen lot of outtakes officialy released so far. So be happy about something is going on.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 26, 2008 15:53

it will be great if they do it right, but we all know the stones have failed with this type of thing before, thats why we complain ok

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 26, 2008 17:46

Let's be positive for now, if it doesn't deliver the goods, then complain.

What is kinda odd : Still no official press release from Universal, about what they have in the pipeline.

For now it is all pure speculation, me thinks.

Date: August 26, 2008 17:55

I can't imagine them getting everything ready between the time they were still hassling with EMI since they didn't know - I'm speculating - where they were gonna be. That's not very long and it seems to me there is a lot to do if they really are gonna dip into the unreleased tracks, B-sides, remixes and live tracks. Yet alone do a good remastering job. I would think it wouldn't be until next year that they reissue everything unless they do vanilla reissues and then put the deluxe issues out later...

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 26, 2008 19:10

Would much rather see an outtakes box set so I don't have to buy them all over again! Something in the line of the 3 Beatles sets maybe released some time apart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-26 19:12 by shadooby.

Date: August 27, 2008 18:45

Maybe they'll reissue them as well as deluxe them on vinyl as well - that would be cool.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 27, 2008 19:51

When Universal released the SACDs, some time later released a deluxe vinyl version of 6 albums of the collection.
Perhaps they can do the same this time

Posted by: turnersmemo ()
Date: August 28, 2008 18:03

Great news spinning smiley sticking its tongue out, maybe we can expect something like this?:

CD1
Original album remastered
01. Brown Sugar
02. Sway
03. Wild Horses
04. Can't Hear Me Knocking
05. You Gotta Move
06. Bitch
07. I Got The Blues
08. Sister Morphine
09. Dead Flowers
10. Moonlight Mile

Original single versions
11. Let It Rock (Mono)
12. Sway (alternate singlemix)
13. Bitch (Mono)

Outtakes
14. Brown Sugar (With Eric Clapton)
15. @#$%& Blues
16. Potted Shrimp

CD 2
Live In Leeds 1971 – Complete and in stereo
01. Jumpin' Jack Flash
02. Live With Me
03. Dead Flowers
04. Stray Cat Blues
05. Love In Vain
06. Midnight Rambler
07. Bitch
08. Band Introduction
09. Honky Tonk Woman
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

I sincerly hope they don't include crap like Jamming With Edward as a «bonus». thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 22:52 by turnersmemo.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 28, 2008 18:08

turnersmemo, I totally agree

This Sticky Fingers version would be awesome
Jamming with Edward has nothing to do with the Stones as a band, and was recorded in 69. Nothing to do in a well-conceived Sticky Fingers Deluxe version.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 28, 2008 18:11

just dont screw it up boys, this is the perfect chance to do it right

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2008 21:01

Brown Sugar from Altamont '69 would be good addition to this set.

And there's no way their gonna release Lonesome Schoolboy Blues

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 21:04 by Guðni Gunnarsson.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 28, 2008 21:04

The cover looks great, turnersmemo...but I just don't have an ounce of confidence that the Stones would shower us with extra stuff like outtakes or even an unreleased live show. It's just not their style. I don't even understand completely why they are like that...if anything...Mick is just playing hard to get.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 28, 2008 21:14

Wouldnt "Schoolboy Blues" fall under Klein's control? The Leeds show (if it was complete) would include JJF and Live With Me. I believe those were the two songs left off the bcast(was it because of technical problems and not be available on the original tapes?) But that Leeds show would be a killer especially in STEREO! We know it exists because "Let It rock" has been released in stereo but contrary to SODD's claim on there Leeds release it is not stereo.

Date: August 28, 2008 22:30

Right.I'm sure that they didn't open with Dead Flowers.I would rather have Bristol or Manchester as the live disc (if they have the tapes in the vaults) i.e. something that we don't already have.

Date: August 28, 2008 22:48

Um....well this is what nzentgraf says anyway - most of the shows that tour were Jumpin' Jack Flash as the opener...

13th March: Leeds, England, University Of Leeds, incl.
(Dead Flowers/Stray Cat Blues/Love In Vain/Midnight Rambler/Bitch/
Band introduction/Honky Tonk Women/Satisfaction/Little Queenie/
Brown Sugar/Street Fighting Man/Let It Rock)
Note: Soundboard recording was made by Glyn Johns and partly broadcast
through BBC radio.

Date: August 28, 2008 22:50

Doc
Jamming with Edward has nothing to do with the Stones as a band, and was recorded in 69. Nothing to do in a well-conceived Sticky Fingers Deluxe version.

> That's true, although some songs of Sticky Fingers were recorded in 1969 also. Still the Edward recordings are just not good enough musically to be included.

Guðni Gunnarsson
And there's no way their gonna release Lonesome Schoolboy Blues

> You're probably right. Many of the outtakes are under Klein's control as they most likely were recorded when the band still was under contract with Decca. On many bootleg singles this song was often paired with the clapton version of Brown Sugar. Thats way I included it here.

scottkeef
The Leeds show (if it was complete) would include JJF and Live With Me.

> Thanks for the info, i will edit my post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-30 12:24 by turnersmemo.

Date: August 28, 2008 22:59

If Lonesome Schoolboy is under Klein's control and they are now all on the same label does it matter if it gets released? I mean, what is to stop him from releasing it? That's what I question - why not? He'd still get publishing rights no matter what.

Date: August 28, 2008 23:00

Right,according to IORR the first two songs of the set list for the tour were jjf and Live with me. Also of interest is the second show 3-4-71 included TWO encores Sympathy and Let it rock.

Date: August 28, 2008 23:08

So maybe they did do something different for Leeds? Any other sites have it?

Date: August 28, 2008 23:26

Well,Bill says in "Rolling With The Stones" that the se list for Newcastle was:
JJF, Live with Me,Dead Flowers.Stray Cat Blues,Love In Vain,Prodigal Son,Midnight Rambler,Bitch,Cant You Hear Me Knockin'(!?),Wild Horses,HTW,Satisfaction,Little Queenie,Brown Sugar and SFM w/encores Sympathy and Let It rock. It also states for remainder of tour some songs were dropped at certain shows. Also that Brighton,Liverpool,Leeds and London recorded on 8 track Stones mobile.
I have no idea about the accuracy. IF Knockin was performed with Taylor live I bet that was a killer! Check the book pp374-75. Dont shoot me-I'm just the messenger!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 28, 2008 23:31

>> If Lonesome Schoolboy is under Klein's control and they are now all on the same label ... <<

the fact that the Stones and ABKCO are now with the same record company doesn't change the terms of their settlement -
previously-unreleased pre-1971 stuff would still need the Stones and ABKCO to hammer out some new agreement about it.
maybe they will, but both of them being with Universal doesn't mean there's no barrier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 23:52 by with sssoul.

Date: August 28, 2008 23:43

I know I'm pretty dense but the question I keep coming back to in my mind is why cant these parties come to some kinda agreement on releasing the goodies! We know what a greedy old fart Klein is unless hes just to hardheaded to play ball with the stones organization. Or does his daughter run everything on that end now?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 28, 2008 23:49

... not that i think we can easily guess at the barriers to the two sides reaching an agreement,
but imagining it from the Stones' point of view ... agreeing to Klein cashing in on still more of their work
might not feel that great. that's just speculation, but if thinking about Klein too long pisses us off ... you know?

Date: August 28, 2008 23:57

I see your point!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 29, 2008 02:48

skipstone
Um....well this is what nzentgraf says anyway - most of the shows that tour were Jumpin' Jack Flash as the opener...

13th March: Leeds, England, University Of Leeds, incl.
(Dead Flowers/Stray Cat Blues/Love In Vain/Midnight Rambler/Bitch/
Band introduction/Honky Tonk Women/Satisfaction/Little Queenie/
Brown Sugar/Street Fighting Man/Let It Rock)
Note: Soundboard recording was made by Glyn Johns and partly broadcast
through BBC radio.

Nico's site will only refer to what's confirmed - in this case, the songs that were broadcast as thats the only available recording.

Its a safe bet that the show didnt open with dead Flowers and that it was preceded by the usual two songs

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 29, 2008 02:59

Nico writes "incl. [songs]" - even him don't think those songs listed were the only ones performed that night.

Date: August 30, 2008 04:27

turnersmemo

Theif in the Night

I don't know how you quoted me like that but,if you look further up this page,I'm not the one who posted that,although it's almost definitely true.

Date: August 30, 2008 12:26

Theif in the Night
turnersmemo

Theif in the Night

I don't know how you quoted me like that but,if you look further up this page,I'm not the one who posted that,although it's almost definitely true.

Oooops. My bad. Got you mixed up with Scottkeef. I've now edited my post.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 30, 2008 19:11

I have recently purchased a couple of AC/DC's remastered CDs and couldn't help but notice how great they sound in comparison to the latest Stones CDs. Sticky Fingers for example seems so muddy in comparison.

Anyway, I think it would need a considerable amount of time from the band, if they were to release outtakes or live tracks in addition to the original tracks. If we are realistic, none of them will spend any time digging around for old master tapes and listening to outtakes, etc. I'm still gonna buy those CDs if they at least do some proper remastering (and not just adding compression and making them louder), I remember Mick saying that he would love to remaster Exile for example... Here's the chance smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home