Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

what will happen if Keith is in rehab, would Mick say the same?
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 23, 2008 20:49

sure not !!!

Re: what will happen if Keith is in rehab, would Mick say the same?
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 23, 2008 21:13

steffiestones
sure not !!!

How do you know what Mick has said about Ron being in rehab (again)?

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:23

When Keith had his problems in late 70'ies, Mick was more than pissed and continued working writing music for the Stones.

Probably, Mick had continued, if Keith had been sent to jail in Canada.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:29

... say the same what? "we love you and you need to take care of yourself" like he's said to Ronnie?
i'm sure he's said that to all his comrades.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:42

bumbum said:
"When Keith had his problems in late 70'ies, Mick was more than pissed and continued working writing music for the Stones.

Probably, Mick had continued, if Keith had been sent to jail in Canada."

I agreed with you. Mick would have probably even kept the band's name.
But I believe Ron is going to get his shit together and if the band tours he'll be there. Ronnie is tough and he rocks!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2008 00:06

mick said way back in 78 he would have continued without keith, which also would have been a huge mistake, just like if they dare go out without woody

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 24, 2008 01:39

melillo
just like if they dare go out without woody

... the only way Mick n Keith could remedy that... make Bill and Mick T. an offer they couldn't refuse.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2008 01:48

where will they find a horse head?

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 24, 2008 02:04

melillo
where will they find a horse head?

Rotfl, thanks for this! grinning smiley Absolutely made my day.
Maybe from Charlie's stud farm?

Date: July 24, 2008 05:38

man the thing is they make so much money.. THE ONLY ARGUMENT THAT WOULD WORK WITH MICK IS MONEY

but if somehow mick taylor replaced ron wood and wyman replaced the hired hand

can you imagine??? it would be my favorite stones lineup in action!

i would really really dig that..

but its just a pipedream... they already make so much money i just don't think they would make that much more..

they should do one tour like that.. "a reunion"..

it would be so kickass..

Date: July 24, 2008 11:34

the stones are at a point that they can not play without each other. Even without Charlie, without Ronnie, without Keith, the fans will be the victim of this. I think Mick knows that. I don't wanna see the stones without keith, Charlie or Ron. That's not the stones anymore. Mick is a little selfish about that, it's only money but i like it !!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 24, 2008 11:58

"they should do one tour like that.. "a reunion".."

Bill Wyman has repeatedly stated he's now far more content outside the stones and loathes flying. How on earth is he then going to manage a two year Stones tour in his 70's?

MT again hasn't stated that he's love the oppotunity to re-join the band.

AND, Jagger has encouraged Woody far more than we'd ever know and IMO isn't solely obsessed with money.

Date: July 24, 2008 12:58

Mick canceled last year the European tour because Keith's tree accident, so why do Mick not the same for Ron?....

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 24, 2008 13:22

>> why do Mick not the same for Ron? <<

there's no (0) reason to think he doesn't/hasn't/wouldn't. you're imagining things.
if you don't like what you're imagining, then imagine something else.
no one is planning a Stones tour without Ronnie.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 24, 2008 13:55

no, he wouldn't - but to be fair, Keith's condition never had the same effects as Ronnie's. Even if his playing sometimes gotta make Mick crazy. I watched Shine A Light again and sometimes it appears as if they copied and pasted Keith in every song, playing exactly the same bent note in the same key...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 24, 2008 14:26

steffiestones
Mick canceled last year the European tour because Keith's tree accident, so why do Mick not the same for Ron?....

Is this some trick statement where we're supposed to find as many deliberate mistakes as we can? Is there a prize for the winner?

Date: July 24, 2008 21:10

Gazza
steffiestones

Is this some trick statement where we're supposed to find as many deliberate mistakes as we can? Is there a prize for the winner?

no, this is just a forum where stonesfans can talk with each other

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: July 24, 2008 21:46

Keith in rehab?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2008 22:36

they will not hit the road without the quartet of mick,keith,charlie and ronnie

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 24, 2008 22:51

The greek said :

"they will not hit the road without the quartet of mick,keith,charlie and ronnie"

I disagree. They will tour without Ron. I am sure Mick will do everything in his power to help Ron. But if for whatever reason Ron isn't reliable, the Rolling Stones will tour with someone else. I know that would be @#$%& up. Come on Ronnie get well!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 24, 2008 22:55

What Keith did, goofing around, almost killed him. He had surgery. I don't think he thought Hey, we'll tell everyone I fell out of a coconut tree when actually all I did was fall down and hit my head on a rock because he chose to get hurt. I think it just made for a pretty good story as to why the tour got cancelled.

Ronnie, on the otherhand, has been choosing to do what he's been doing. That's a big difference between totally moving a tour around someone's life saving surgery and someone being on the bottle again after 18 million trips to rehab.

Keith doesn't have a problem. Ronnie does.

Maybe Ronnie needs an alcohol guard instead of a body guard.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 25, 2008 00:56

steffiestones
Gazza
steffiestones

no, this is just a forum where stonesfans can talk with each other

Thanks for the reassurance. As far as I was aware the Stones didnt cancel any concerts at all last year and when Keith had his accident in 2006 the (logical) decision to suspend any touring activity would have been taken by his doctors - not Mick Jagger.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 25, 2008 01:30

In terms of cancelling shows, I also think there's a difference between something happening in the middle of a tour and something before a tour. As it is, there's still plenty of time for Ronnie to get well enough to play.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 25, 2008 03:58

Hell - I'd love to see a 'reunion' even with Ronnie. Boot Blondie and let Woody be the 3rd guitar player with Keef and McT.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 25, 2008 04:40

jamesfdouglas
Hell - I'd love to see a 'reunion' even with Ronnie. Boot Blondie and let Woody be the 3rd guitar player with Keef and McT.

even with ronnie? His playing was excellent up thru the end of the last tour. I just don't see it likeley that he's gunna get kicked out or demoted. but i guess if that's your dream team then OK. I think ron's playing is just fine these days. He just needs to get his Sh*t together.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-25 04:51 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Rick326 ()
Date: July 25, 2008 06:33

Ronnie is around people who drink (including Keith) so its gotta be hard to stay clean. Hopefully this time he can get the "monkey off his back"! He needs to stay out of pubs and maybe go to a few AA meetings. If he can't get cleaned up bring back Mick Taylor. (Wyman too) A reunion tour would be great! Why not?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 25, 2008 11:14

Look at what they did in 69, they got rid of Brian and hired Mick Taylor for the Hyde park gig and tour. That was a massive gamble but it paid off.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 25, 2008 19:08

45 years is different than 10 or 15, so I agree all four Stones are essential to a Rolling Stones album/tour, HOWEVER in 1973 Ron Wood was according to Creem considered as a touring replacement for Keith (who was busted several times during the period) should KR's legal problems interfere w/ the fall '73 tour. As for 1977, see Chet Flippo's book, Jagger was quoted as saying something like "If Keith goes to jail for like a few months of course we'll wait, but if it's like a really long time, years and years, I'd still want the Rolling Stones to play together, if Charlie does, and Ron and Bill..." (paraphrased)

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 25, 2008 19:12

"Thanks for the reassurance. As far as I was aware the Stones didnt cancel any concerts at all last year and when Keith had his accident in 2006 the (logical) decision to suspend any touring activity would have been taken by his doctors - not Mick Jagger."

Take note my boy! You have just been Gazza'd!

Date: July 25, 2008 22:52

ablett
"Thanks for the reassurance. As far as I was aware the Stones didnt cancel any concerts at all last year and when Keith had his accident in 2006 the (logical) decision to suspend any touring activity would have been taken by his doctors - not Mick Jagger."

Take note my boy! You have just been Gazza'd!

Thanks,ablett, you are right

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home