Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Tour is on - Maybe without Ronnie - Holy Shit
Posted by: Spanish Kurt ()
Date: July 23, 2008 21:41

It would be interesting to read this board after such an unfortunate event might happen: the Stones playing without Ronnie. Whoever would replace him, I am so sure many worms would crawl up and scream: "Hey, I miss Ronnie" or "Ronnie was such a great player" or "what a crap was this new guitar player, he does not fit in".

it's just what this board has gotten to, whatever happens, somebody will shout it was better in the past and on we go for miles and miles of threads, repeating and repeating how great history was.

Okay, history was great. I can confirm that. But every now and then something great will surface in the future too. None of us knows what it will be, but if we just keep facing backwards, we might miss it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2008 21:44

skipstone
I like the weaving much better. So that leaves Mick Taylor out. There was no weaving with Taylor. He was also a very unsympathetic guitar player.

There was a very interesting& dynamic interaction with Taylor and Richards?
Keith,Charlie, Mick.J and Bill share(d) the opinion their best musical period was with Taylor.
What are we all talking about if the Stones themselves agree on that??

NEW TOUR WITHOUT RONNIE ???
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 23, 2008 18:42

Rock act The Rolling Stones will tour next year with or without Ronnie Wood, who is in rehab after an alleged fling with a Russian waitress.

Front man Sir Mick Jagger is determined to embark on a European "mini tour" even if guitarist Ronnie - who is currently in rehab following his well-publicised alcohol binge with 20-year-old Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova - is not fit to perform.

A source said: "Mick officially becomes a pensioner when he turns 65 at the end of July and Keith Richards at the end of the year, and I think Mick wants to get another tour under his belt in case it gets to the point where he can't do any more.

"Mick is still dead set on going on tour and has even said that they will do the shows without Ronnie if it comes to it."

Mick and the rest of the band are stunned at Ronnie's recent behaviour - which saw the rocker flee to his hideaway in County Kildare, Ireland, with Ekaterina, leaving his wife of 23 years, Jo, distraught - because they believed his marriage was happy.

The source added to Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "Ronnie has always had his drink and drug problems but his marriage was rock solid. Jo kept him together.

"What's happening now is just something else and Mick and everyone can't quite believe it."
The band hopes the tour will give Ronnie a reason to get better and save his marriage.

Re: NEW TOUR WITHOUT RONNIE ???
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 23, 2008 18:50

OH MY GOD! YOU POSTED THE SAME CRAP AS THE OTHER POSTS SAY!

Come on - wake up. There is nothing going on.

Posted by: drumnyc ()
Date: July 23, 2008 19:24

tour without ronnie? it's 30 years too late. Now Keith cant handle it. Did you notice how bad KR is in SAL? plays the same lick EVERY song!!!

Date: July 23, 2008 19:29

drumnyc
tour without ronnie? it's 30 years too late. Now Keith cant handle it. Did you notice how bad KR is in SAL? plays the same lick EVERY song!!!

i did notice..it was painful at times to watch keith..

i feel ronnie carried the stones on SAL guitarwise

on the other hand at atlantic city show when ronnie had some back issue or something keith was great

i think keith can still deliver but coasts most of the time...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 23, 2008 19:36

Why did you open another thread?? It's not that the other one hasn't been on the frontpage for a couple of days now eye rolling smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 23, 2008 19:38

If it´s without Ronnie - then it´s without me!

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 23, 2008 20:32

Koen
Why did you open another thread?? It's not that the other one hasn't been on the frontpage for a couple of days now eye rolling smiley

sorry to open this thread again, i did'n saw the first one, sooooorryyyy !!!

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: July 23, 2008 20:34

Just spoke to Gazza, and he reckons he was wrong - it's on!
Super Bowl stage design will be adapted.
WW has agreed.
Approx 35 dates, 2 legs, smaller stadiums/larger arenas.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2008 20:38

..and then you woke from your coma....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 23, 2008 20:45

what a bunch of crap. Ron has been playing better than he has in years. So he has a slip up when theyre off the road and theyre not recording and they're gunna kick him out of the band? Yeah... I believe that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-23 20:46 by ryanpow.

Date: July 23, 2008 21:35

Just like how Keith hit his head falling out of a coconut tree.

Maybe Elton was right?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 23, 2008 21:37

TooTough
If it´s without Ronnie - then it´s without me!
Word. That would mean the end of the Stones for me.

Posted by: glimmertwin65 ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:21

Ket
bumbum
Just listen to Brussels affair and you will start dreaming about the old guitar playing that could have a renaissance with Mick T. presence.

I have listened to it and Taylor ruins about half the tracks with his endless, pointless guitar wanking. The absolute last thing they need is to have that washed up has been join them

Please get well Ronnie!

Taylor ruins it????
I think not.
And why can't it be the excitement and novelty of "Wood AND Taylor" rather than the animosity of "Wood versus Taylor,Who's Better" crap?

Yeah, Taylor gave musicianship and fluid solos while Ronnie added the rough style.......both successfully in their times. But isn't this a forum for all Stones fans, regardless if it's the Jones / Taylor / Wood era Stones?

Why knock Taylor anyway?
His versions of Gimme Shelter and Angie still blow other versions away!

Yes......please listen to Brussels Affair again. But then compare it to a recent boot. Like this one I picked-up.....soundboard-style from Boston during the Forty Licks Tour. Both Keith and Ronnie play so little on it it was depressing! Big shock that Mick now acts like he carries the band,because sometimes he does!

It was surprising to hear these tracks without the crowd noise/cheering and such.....they either got the feed direct from the band's radio power packs or from the board picking up individual feeds.

Jumpin'Jack Flash is mainly Daryl and Charlie.....and then in comes Mick's voice as the third "instrument". Brown Sugar the same. Chuck Leavell accents it all.

Again, if Keith and Ronnie don't have the technical chops anymore (and it's not slogging them,it's just a fact that the age/arthritis/booze/dope is catching up more), then why not add Mick Taylor as the third guitarist? (Again, as a THIRD guitarist,not Ronnie's replacement) Blondie does this already from the shadows! I'd rather have MT than Blondie playing for me!!! Plus,the majority of the songs played in concert are the Taylor era or earlier anyway! And I'm quite confidant that Taylor could quickly learn or add something new or unique to tracks like Miss You, You Got Me Rocking, Out Of Control, and Rough Justice with ease.

Posted by: paulr15 ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:31

drumnyc

WOW!! You obviously dislike the Stones or most of them so why do you even bother with IORR drummy!!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:33

Glimmer - Your so Right!! the rest of you who say
NO to Taylor under any circumstances, just stay home or don't listen...

Like others who LISTEN to the music coming off the stage lately, the current
lineup could use a little Taylor infusion!!!

MLC

Date: July 23, 2008 22:43

You have a point about Mick Taylor but it's based in 1973 or maybe the next year or the year before. He doesn't play like that anymore. Jimmy Page doesn't play like that anymore. NOBODY plays like that anymore.

Get OVER it. THAT is the point. Yeah yeah - what if. Well what if the Stones released a new record that debuted at #1 and stayed there for 3 weeks and they toured for 4 years because of it? And then what if the Stones set up an archives record label and finally released a box set or box sets of certain eras in the studio and live? And videos? because that four year tour was it?

What if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if fifi is a bad name for a dog.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:46

The last thing I heared about Taylor was that he's ill and he cancelled gigs.
The last thing I heared about Ronnie - he's in rehab.
a rumoured tour; if any, w/could take place in one years time.

so why does nearly everyone jump to conclusions - now?
there's quite some time for both, to recuperate.

best wishes.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:47

I just think it's outlandish for fans to suggest Taylor as an add-on to this band yet the Stones can't even play most of their SONGS from 30 years ago...and here we are expecting them to bring on an ex-member who left 30 years ago???

We can't even get them to play "Time Waits For No One" or "Dance Little Sister" and we actually think it's possible for them to call Taylor and ask" Hey man, wanna join us for a tour?" Beyond impossible.

IF, and I emphasize IF, they choose to get a replacement OR 3rd guitarist...Keith would make the final decision and I wouldn't be surprised if he went with Waddy Watchel. Keith would look through his phone book and see who'd he want standing next to him. Taylor would be the last person on his mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-23 22:54 by Justin.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: July 23, 2008 22:57

A tour without Ronnie : YEEESSSSSSS spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: paulr15 ()
Date: July 23, 2008 23:00

way to jump on the "get rid of ronnie band wagon" roby.

I'm sure you use to like him but now you can't stand him

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: July 23, 2008 23:07

Justin
I just think it's outlandish for fans to suggest Taylor as an add-on to this band yet the Stones can't even play most of their SONGS from 30 years ago...and here we are expecting them to bring on an ex-member who left 30 years ago???

We can't even get them to play "Time Waits For No One" or "Dance Little Sister" and we actually think it's possible for them to call Taylor and ask" Hey man, wanna join us for a tour?" Beyond impossible.

IF, and I emphasize IF, they choose to get a replacement OR 3rd guitarist...Keith would make the final decision and I wouldn't be surprised if he went with Waddy Watchel. Keith would look through his phone book and see who'd he want standing next to him. Taylor would be the last person on his mind.

Most consert songs are > 30 years old. So thats from Taylor and Jones era.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: July 23, 2008 23:08

MCDDTLC
Glimmer - Your so Right!! the rest of you who say
NO to Taylor under any circumstances, just stay home or don't listen...

Like others who LISTEN to the music coming off the stage lately, the current
lineup could use a little Taylor infusion!!!

MLC

Completely agree - just listen to SFTD. It doesn't right anymore does it? Keith plays a very little impressive solo!!!

Date: July 23, 2008 23:14

Obviously all of your guys who are "popping off" about Taylor can't play like
he did 30 years ago haven't been paying attention lately. Yeah he got sick
and cancelled a gig a week or two ago - big deal - gosh nobody does that....

Take the time to LISTEN to John Mayall's 70's b-day gig, Taylor STILL has the
chops! the Stones could use his infusion!!!!!! Keith loves this guys playing
anf Jagger too for that matter, he said so in a recent interview when asked
about Taylor's playing: "Ronnie & Keith can't play like him"...

So again all it would take is someone to convince the Glimmers - nobody knows
one way or another - I'll be there - MLC

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 23, 2008 23:34

I have an awful idea, yet interesting.

The Stones should tour both with Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood.

And for every show, you would have a web choice, like the B2B tour. Except you would choose the guitarist of the night, not just a song!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 23, 2008 23:34

bumbum
Most consert songs are > 30 years old. So thats from Taylor and Jones era.

The point is that if Mick can't even overcome his phobia of nostalgia with the song choices---there's NO WAY he'd revisit an ex-member who is the PINNACLE and representation of a sound and style that the Stones have left so long ago.

Date: July 24, 2008 00:02

Oh really Justin, and Jagger told you that personally - your point makes no sense as most of the numbers the Stones play these days are "Nostalgia"
songs from the golden era, and most of the newer Stones fans don't even know who Taylor is/was. It amazes me how many people, Stones fans have never heard
the live stuff from 72/73 as that only be found via the bootlegs.

I've turned on quite a few over the years to the Taylor years and converted
them to Taylor fans!!

MLC

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2008 00:07

mick jagger cant stand mick taylor, how on earth would that work???????

Date: July 24, 2008 00:31

Oh - he told you that too Melillo? What else doesn't Jagger like? fish & chips?

funny because Taylor says he talks to Jagger regularly on the phone, asks about
the family,etc... think I believe Taylor over you.

MLC

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1344
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home