Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Faces reunion?....how??
Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 21, 2008 05:05

uh.... i'm not too sure how people think this is going to happen with ron wood's participation when he is clearly in no shape to walk across the street...not only must this be on the back burner for him but any Stones work for him must be only wishful (or not!!) thinking....for him to go on the road with all it's attendant "distractions" would of course be a potential catastrophe for everyone concerned--- his career may be over....who will hire him when he can't get insurance to tour and he might not show up in the studio to record...i'm just saying --i love the guy but it is probably over in terms of his musical creativity with the stones or even solo...61 years old and finally around the bend?....he can't seem to get a handle on his addictions....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Re: Faces reunion?....how??
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 21, 2008 10:11

Unfortunatley, Ronnies latest escapade is no different to a handful of other similar occurences over the last number of years.
The historical evidence is that something to do as part of a "team" activity is often what he needs. It's when he's left to own devices [with no nobody to please but himself] that the devil seems to catch him.

I don't really have strong thoughts one way or the other as regards a faces reunion...but I'd rather they got on with it if it's going to happen,and not have it causing a potential delay to any future Stones activity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-21 10:14 by Spud.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 9, 2008 20:48

Any pics available from previous Faces reunion 'gigs' done in 1986 (encore at a Rod Stewart concert) and 1993 (two songs performed at the Brit Awards)?

On both occasions Bill Wyman was the bassplayer.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 9, 2008 21:09

I'm not that pessimistic. Ronnie is perfectly capable of walking across the street and he's stuck with about a month of rehab already when presumably he's free to leave any time he wants. And I think it's the opposite - he's more likely these days to stay on the wagon when he's on tour. It's when he's off tour that the problems start, as he himself has said. Except the unknown factor now is whether Jo will be on any tour with him, but let's hope so - it always seemed like she was his rock.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 9, 2008 21:15

it better happen quick

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 9, 2008 23:43

Ron's been in rehab like 12 times since 2002. I'm not saying that glibly - I truly hope it sticks before his addictions kill him. But rehab doesn't mean he couldn't do a project w/ Faces late this year. Not a big tour, I don't think. Maybe a couple to a few gigs. I thought the song he and Rod collaborated on (from Wood's 2006 "Anthology") was the best thing Rod's done in 30 years. And Wood likes to play, guesting w/ friends or solo shows, one-offs or long tours. Keeps him out of trouble. And Kenny and Mac surely would want it to happen.
Maybe Bill Wyman will agree to play bass.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 10, 2008 00:19

I Cant see the point in going into rehab, then hit the bottle when your out.As its been stated how many times has he been in rehab now.He needs someone strong next to him when he come out.As we all know being an alcoholic is an illness, but lets hope once again he gets his act together.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 10, 2008 01:08

Helloooo?!?!?! I don't understand why people doubt that Ronnie will be able to go on tour with the Faces or The Stones. This has happende to Keith, Charlie and Ronnie lots of times before, and they always return with strength and power. They are rock'n roll guys, this is what they do from time to time. I dig it, and I think we will see Ronnie on stage better than ever if these bands find time to roll.
Go Ronnie Go!

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: August 10, 2008 01:16

According to today's Daily Express (UK)

Rod is keen to help Ronnie and the article also mentions a possible Faces reunion in December with a week of gigs at the O2.

Can't find an online link.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: August 10, 2008 01:24

I don't think Ronnie's in a coma is he? He's probably played half his gigs under the influence over that the last 40 years! If he can stand, I'm sure he will play. The Faces without a pint aren't quite the Faces, but I guess they will need to go the sober route for everyone's health.

Date: August 10, 2008 02:57

Gee people thought Keith was GOD in '73, getting busted every other month in between house fires. The planned EU tour was a matter of concern due to his addiction, I mean the busts. Then of course we had 1977. Addicts slip - why judge? Has nothing to do with intelligence or maturity...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 10, 2008 03:16

john r
Gee people thought Keith was GOD in '73, getting busted every other month in between house fires. The planned EU tour was a matter of concern due to his addiction, I mean the busts. Then of course we had 1977. Addicts slip - why judge? Has nothing to do with intelligence or maturity...

right on john r

and re your earlier suggestion of Bill Wyman on bass with the Faces
interesting but wouldn't it mean he would only play in Europe with them?

I hope they do come to the US if they tour...

Date: August 10, 2008 04:53

Your right re Bill, Duke - I was remebering Bill had played on a couple one-off Faces reunions (none a full concert, if memory serves).

Date: August 10, 2008 15:24

In 2004 Ronnie and Mac joined Rod onstage for a couple of tunes during Rod's show at the Hollywood Bowl. Closest thing to a reunion in recent years.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 10, 2008 16:51

mckalk
I don't think Ronnie's in a coma is he? He's probably played half his gigs under the influence over that the last 40 years! If he can stand, I'm sure he will play. The Faces without a pint aren't quite the Faces, but I guess they will need to go the sober route for everyone's health.

I'm pretty sure it is more than half.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 10, 2008 17:05

Britney
In 2004 Ronnie and Mac joined Rod onstage for a couple of tunes during Rod's show at the Hollywood Bowl. Closest thing to a reunion in recent years.

I was there and the weird thing about it was that Mac wasn't even introduced.

He suddenly appeared during one of the last songs--Maggie May I think--and I could hear that it was him playing the organ before I even saw him onstage, standing way in the back next to Rod's other keyboard player.

I've said it before: anyone who wants to see "Faces" should go to Austin and catch Mac at the Lucky Lounge. He's the keeper of the flame who still has the Faces sound and attitude.

That's All You Need.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 10, 2008 17:22

GuessWho

Rod is keen to help Ronnie and the article also mentions a possible Faces reunion in December with a week of gigs at the O2.

Really? Who will they be opening for?

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: August 10, 2008 18:39

Gazza
GuessWho

Really? Who will they be opening for?

The Powergoats.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 10, 2008 19:04

I do not believe it will happen. Rod's too much of a wuss doing all that wuss music. He's ruint.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 11, 2008 14:35

The closest thing to a reunion in recent years was the Ronnie show in 2005 with Mac and Kenny Jones.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 11, 2008 17:13

ronnie goes to rehab like most guys go to the barbershop. however, i still don't see this happening unless they tote along a guitarist to play the faces guitar parts while woody does the posturing and posing.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 11, 2008 17:16

"Really? Who will they be opening for?"

I take it you think its bullshit?

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: August 11, 2008 19:01

Don't think Bill Wyman will play bass.

Don't think they will do a search for Tetsu Yamauchi down in Japan.

I guess it could be someone like Glen Matlock or John Taylor playing bass then.

If it ever happens...

N

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: August 11, 2008 19:04

On Mark Lamarr's show (Sat 2nd Aug BBC Radio 2) Mac suggested he'd choose Glen Matlock however mused that all the other members would probably choose their own favourite player.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 11, 2008 19:09

If it were to happen, it would be hard to gauge how many nights they could fill the o2, a week seems more than optimistic, but these days nothing surprises me on the live circuit. if part of a full scale tour now way, if just a one off residency, i wouldnt put it past them. still don't see it happening in any case.

Date: August 11, 2008 22:32

ablett
"Really? Who will they be opening for?"

I take it you think its bullshit?

More a comment on the fact that I find it highly unlikely they'd be able to come anywhere close to filling the 02 for a week, as the article suggests.

Say, 5 shows at about 16,000 tickets = 80,000 tickets in one city. For a band that hasnt recorded or performed in almost 35 years?

Optimistic at best.

Rod couldnt fill the 02 for a week. No way will the Faces be able to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-11 22:35 by Gazza.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 11, 2008 23:09

Rod almost filled twickenham the other year. that about 3 nights at the o2.

Date: August 11, 2008 23:22

Yep, but that would also mean that filling more nights at the 02 would require a sizeable amount of multiple-night attendees.

Plus the fact that Rod solo is - and always has been - a bigger draw than the Faces.

Date: August 11, 2008 23:33

The GR
The closest thing to a reunion in recent years was the Ronnie show in 2005 with Mac and Kenny Jones.

How could I forget.....

Date: August 11, 2008 23:42

combined band wages alone for a single night would be in excess of £1.5m, what would that set the ticket price at?
I personally doubt that any promoter would fancy taking that on, esp for more than one night in the UK
if they were serious about doing it, and for the right reasons, they should do it for a charitable cause, for no fee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-11 23:42 by dishevelmentblues.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home