Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

More Faces rumours
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 7, 2008 22:06

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"WE’VE had LED ZEPELLIN, PINK FLOYD and THE POLICE.

Now THE FACES – starring wrinkly rockers ROD STEWART and RONNIE WOOD – are making a comeback. Ooh la la indeed.

Rod and Ronnie went for a long lunch on Thursday at Mayfair restaurant Cipriani’s to discuss their plans.

And the upshot of their afternoon on the sauce was an agreement to get back on the road soon.

A source said: “Ron and Rod had a great time reminiscing. They were having a laugh and a joke but there is still a serious hunger to get back in the studio.

“There are plans for the band to start recording in the autumn with a tour in the pipeline for this winter.”

The original lineup of the band also included RONNIE LANE – he died in 1997 – on bass guitar, IAN McLAGAN on keyboards and KENNEY JONES on drums."

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: More Faces rumours
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2008 23:36

"And the upshot of their afternoon on the sauce was an agreement to get back on the road soon..."

so we're led to believe this bright, booze-fuelled idea hasnt been discussed at any time during the last three decades?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 8, 2008 01:41

Well at least there is the best of and all the records...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 9, 2008 00:18

Is this some kind of About-Face? About time....

seriously...i hope they don't do this. that ship has sailed and it ain't a-comin' back. hate to tarnish the image and memories of one helluva 70's band...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-09 00:19 by T&A.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 9, 2008 07:23

Go ahead and do it, but don't call it the Faces unless Ian McLagan and Kenny Jones are involved. If it's just Rod Stewart and Ron Wood working together, they should bill it as such. After all, they merely crashed the Small Faces' party.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 9, 2008 16:08

I hear that Ronnie sometimes reads IORR. I've also heard that reverse psychology is sometimes an effective way to get people to do things you want them to do. so, Ronnie, this message is for you:

YOU'LL NEVER BLOODY DO IT. YOU HAVEN'T GOT THE GUTS, BOY.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 9, 2008 16:10

I think Keith will try and intimidate Ronnie into not doing it.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: July 9, 2008 21:07

This is funny in a way because of how it says Ronnie "who now plays guitar" in the Stones. Gee....since 1975.

[www.news.com.au]

Rod Stewart to reform The Faces, with Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood

ROD Stewart is the latest veteran rocker to hanker after his old band, with news that he is planning a tour with The Faces, including Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood.
The singer met with former Faces bandmate Ronnie Wood – who now plays guitar in the Rolling Stones – at a London restaurant last week to finalise plans for a reunion tour.

A source told Britain’s The Sun newspaper: “Ron and Rod had a great time reminiscing. They were having a laugh but there is still a serious hunger to get back in the studio. There are plans for the band to start recording in the autumn with a tour in the pipeline for this winter.”

The Faces were formed of members from two bands, the Small Faces and the Jeff Beck group, in 1969 and included Ian McLagan on keyboards, Kenney Jones on drums and Ronnie Lane – who passed away in 1997- on bass alongside Rod and Ronnie Wood.

The group split in 1975 and Rod went on to enjoy an incredibly successful solo career.

The full line-up reunited briefly to play at one of Rod’s Wembley Stadium concerts, in London, in 1986.

In 1993, the band - minus bassist Lane who was suffering from Multiple Sclerosis at the time – performed at the BRIT Awards when Rod was honoured with a lifetime achievement award.

The Faces are the latest in a long line of classic rockers to reform, following The Police, Pink Floyd, Genesis and Led Zeppelin.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:14

Ronnie's a Rolling Stone. He's more a Rolling Stones than Brian Jones and Mick Taylor ever were. He's becoming more and more important for the Stones since Keith's suffering from his arthritis ... sorry, but I don't wanna see Ron going on tour with soft popper Rod Stewart, who's always been jealous about Mick.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:26

Meise
Ronnie's a Rolling Stone. He's more a Rolling Stones than Brian Jones and Mick Taylor ever were.
Ronnie more of a Rolling Stone than Brian Jones? THE Brian Jones? The founding father of the Rolling Stones?
And MT? His short span in the Stones and recorded output still overshadows everything Ronnie has ever contributed.
I agree he is a Stone, but he's still considered a sideman and/or "the new guy" in most peoples minds...including Keith and Mick Jagger's.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-09 23:51 by bv.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 10, 2008 00:34

>> in most peoples minds <<

maybe in a few hairballs. everyone else knows Ronnie's a thoroughbred Rolling Stone.
meanwhile, in that interview a couple of weeks ago, what Rod said is that the Faces are talking about
some recording and a gig or two. i think i'll stick with that until one of the parties directly involved says otherwise.

Date: July 10, 2008 04:03

As with Ronnie's book, I take it beyond lightly. Ronnie's been back to rehab for the 935th time. I'll believe it when I see it.

If it does happen kind of gives us an idea that there won't be any Stones for a good while.

Date: July 10, 2008 04:25

i would love for this tour to happen but i just dont see it happening.. there's no reason for rod or ron to do this.. they make way more money with their fulltime gigs..

Date: July 10, 2008 09:44

imo theres more than enough reasons for Rod to want this, after all, his credibility rating is zero at the moment. The only way forwards is backwards for him.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 10, 2008 09:56

Wouldn't it be a nice thought that they would have a reason to reunite just because of the FUN of playing together?

And Ronnie of course is a Rolling Stone, but to me he is also one of the members who gave The Faces their strong profile. As much as I love Ronnies work in The Stones, it's his work with The Faces that fills me with deep respect for the man. I would gladly see him taking up that routine.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 10, 2008 13:15

I would like to see a Faces/Jeff Beck Group line up.
Rod did some of his best vocals with the JBG.

just my 2 cts

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 11, 2008 14:38

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 11, 2008 15:00

Now it is getting really serious isn't it? BBC quoting Mac! Now just hope the awfully sensational messages other sources are spreading around are wrong and the boys are really ready to rock!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home