Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: JUST OUT- OBAMA'S Favorite Music, "I Loved The Stones" His Fav STONES Song? It's Here..
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 30, 2008 23:41

Maybe he'll save our country. Bush has caused it to go down the toilet.

Re: JUST OUT- OBAMA'S Favorite Music, "I Loved The Stones" His Fav STONES Song? It's Here..
Posted by: R ()
Date: June 30, 2008 23:48

More Hot Rocks

Really? Site an example. A SPECIFIC example and how Obama is going to save us from same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-30 23:50 by R.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 1, 2008 00:04

Just a point - the great Lukester and I differ on politics, but respect the other's opinion enough to hear the other out and have a reasonable dialogue.

BTW, even Bush's family realizes he's clueless (and, yes, I'm basically conservative).

I'm Elmo Lewis and I approve this message.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 1, 2008 00:11

Baboon Bro
Helter, what is is with you and Elmo?
Is there some complicated undertext I cant comprehend,
as a non-native English speaker.. ?
If you believe all Southerners are rednecks,
then you're stupid as a log. Hope it aint so.

Of course not BB, I don't believe all ANYTHINGS are the same, be they Southerners, Northerners, Western, Eastern, Europeans, Americans, Asians, Latins, Jews, Muslims, Christians.... everybody is an individual... even tight groups like the Nazis had it's hard core and others that left the party (then there was that small group that wanted to kill @#$%& and almost did). I got nothing at all against Elmo, I like him, I think he's funny. I also like most of the South (except some EXTREME pockets - parts of South Carolina and Alabama for example) LOVE Memphis, New Orleans, Austin, Miami.... some other areas are fine, haven't been to some of it. BUT, with that said some very evil stuff went down back in the day in some parts so if I mention something, well, when you do what some of those boys did for fun you gotta expect some sh*t.... and that sh*t could be 50 years later... but I'm not putting Elmo or any individual in THAT box, that would be REALLY stupid and WRONG - there's good people and bad people EVERYWHERE, that's the bottom line (and my last posts have NOTHING to do with Elmo, it's just me and R towel snapping in the locker room, Repub foreplay.... BB, DUDE, it's the internet, a CHAT BOARD, not the World Court in the HAGUE, lighten up a bit my man - smoke a fat one, RELAX Sil Vous Plat.......OK? OK !!! Now lets all ROCK ON smiling smiley .....

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 1, 2008 00:11

I have a bumper sticker on my truck window that says, "CTHULU 08...WHY VOTE FOR A LESSER EVIL".

I think its dead on!

PUN INTENDED. Contrats to ESPAN~A!

Admittedly, I was pulling for Germany but thats the way it is.

JR

Date: July 1, 2008 00:17

Helter wrote:

there's good people and bad people EVERYWHERE, that's the bottom line

Now you're talkin'!

Date: July 1, 2008 00:19

R
More Hot Rocks

Really? Site an example. A SPECIFIC example and how Obama is going to save us from same.

Dude, AT LEAST he can talk, gives KICK ASS speeches, more than I can say for our know nothing "marble mouth".... YALE?? You know Daddy bribed his son's way through ALL of his schools, either that or 20 years of livin' in a Whiskey bottle really killed a lot of brain cells... Whatever the case the guy couldn't sell peanuts at a baseball game if he had to get a real job today ("puppet" is not a real job).....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-01 00:41 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 1, 2008 00:58

I was listening to a call-in radio show (it might have been King Biscuit) sometime around '92. The guests were the members of U2.

The caller on the telephone was talking to U2 on the air. The caller was soon talking about his own views on something or other, and about the upcoming U.S. presidential race. Bono demured (ha!)... he might have said something about the group's reluctance to be involved in anything "too political" (ha!)...

The caller demured some more, changing the subject and praising U2's music, specifically their album "The Joshua Tree."

The caller on the phone was Bill Clinton, who was running for President of the U.S.

Does anyone remember this ?

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:07

Elmo Lewis
FYI, I'm graduated cum laude (that mean I dun real good >grinning smiley< )from Mercer University, Harvard of the South.

Hey, I thought Emory was the Harvard of the South?
That's what they tell me at work anyway...

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: July 1, 2008 01:22

Don't let them Emory boys bullshit ya, Marv. The only difference between Harvard and Mercer is ............. Harvard is cheaper!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:42

Towel snappin'. Well, that explains a lot.
Never understood that one.
Guess I need some bush doctor prescriptions, huh..

Date: July 1, 2008 02:27

BB, don't quite understand this tension that seems to be between us.... I think you have misunderstood something I've written in the past. "Towel Snapping" kind of a reference to macho guys that have secret "special" kinda feelings if you get my drift...it's meant in a joking way, I could care less if someone is gay, not a problem at all... I do some work (Photography) in the fashion industry so I deal with gay people a lot - great people in general, sensitive with great creative taste. I also think one is BORN straight or gay (I don't remember making a choice to be turned on by women when I was very young) so all of this "gay life style CHOICE" is a ton of shit and that's when I'm 100% on their side, when the IDIOTS accuse them of some kind of sick, hedonistic life style (no worse than Hetro life style). Tell you one thing, without gays this world would be a very pathetic place artistically. Most (over 50%) great artists were gay (but I guess they're OK cause they're way back there in the LOUVRE and VATICAN.) If these idiotic bigots only knew that the clothes they're wearing were designed by gays and the art they look at was mostly made by gays.... oh man, we live in a world of know nothing retards.... So anyway, Peace BB, don't understand the friction......

Date: July 1, 2008 02:38

Peace & lurv... Perhaps I have a tought time,
right now on another lne I'm quarrelin' with my ol' lady,
who lives too far away.
Perhaps I can sense a little high horses from ya, a little like:
"If you are not pleased with the ***-hotel, take a ****"-attitude..
But me, I go & stay in a tent. It aint money who counts in my world.
Plus perhaps we're outwards/extrovert natures both of us.
Anyhow:
I offer peace & wanna smoke a huge peace pipe!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 1, 2008 02:45

so freaking what..you are gonna vote someone in because of their Ipod. Hell, I'd vote for the candidate WITHOUT an Ipod...JESSE JAMES..

JR

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 1, 2008 03:46

More Hot Rocks

Maybe you are in the toilet but I'm not. Hey Helter glad to see you are up to your old antics. Ripping into people who have served my country and prisoners of war. Is there no level you will sink to? What a slimly disgraceful little excuse you are for a human being. We ought to get NASA to shoot you out into space but then again you would probably pollute the air up there and poison anything you come into contact with. What a disgraceful being this Helter is.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 1, 2008 05:39

Elmo Lewis
I would have thought "Paint It Black"! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I think Winning Ugly is nmore appropriate Elmo....But,I am so sick of hearing politicians,or other celebrities being called rock stars. While I'm on the soapbox,I don't want my rock stars to be politicians either...Is it really to much to ask to have my poluticians politic and my rock stars ROCK?confused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: July 1, 2008 07:34

Im not going to jump into the discussion because it breaks one of my three cardinal rules: 1. no talking politics or religion with people I dont know, 2. no fat chicks (its shallow, but meh) and 3. No politics on the internet. This might seem odd coming from someone who has an MA in political science, but I see what gets thrown around here and I guess I dont get it. Very little of what I see is true discourse on politics, but rather just senseless name calling. When I initially read that Obama's favorite Stones song was "Gimme Shelter", I thought "Hey thats cool, he has good taste". Thats what I thought this thread would be about: Obama's taste in music, etc. but instead it seems to have disolved into pointless name calling. How do these things happen?

Date: July 1, 2008 07:41

YEah Why in the heavens name does people have to
mention politicians names here at the board?

Now instead; why wont we discuss Albert Einstein's musical taste instead?

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 1, 2008 08:20

Did you know there is an Alfred Enstein who is a musicologist and wrote a great book on Mozart, and another one of romantic composers? I never checked if they were related.

Date: July 1, 2008 08:32

Any livin' decendants?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home