Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT More of "Chinese Democracy" Leaks
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 20, 2008 00:10

Ok, some of you will just say "so what?" but apparently three previously unheard Guns n Roses tracks from this yet-to-be-released album made it to the web. My question to those who might give a damn is this: did you get them, are they worth listening to, and would you either post them on Buy/sell/trade or send them to me?

I don't wanna enter into a debate on this now ten-years-going project, as I fear that Mr BV might decide to close the thread.

Sure, there was a thin GnR/Stones connection years ago, but that's now irrelevant.

Re: OT More of "Chinese Democracy" Leaks
Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 20, 2008 00:47

bassplayer617 - Check YouTube. I think you'll find some there.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 20, 2008 01:09

if Axl knows what's good for him--and we know he doesn't--he'll never release the album. It will be a much more famous project that way. There's no chance the actual album, whatever is on it, will generate the same interest as the interminable lead-up to it.

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 20, 2008 01:15

WMiller
bassplayer617 - Check YouTube. I think you'll find some there.

I've been listening to them there... eeewwwwuuu... this ain't your daddy's G'N'R

They sound like cheesy r&b demos replete with drum machines and synth strings.

There's was no way this thing could live up to expectations but these don't even try.

Come back Slash! All is forgiven.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 20, 2008 01:26

Yeah - I posted the youtube suggestion before I started listening. Eeewwwwuuu is putting it lightly! Embarassing, actually.

Date: June 20, 2008 03:06

So, the concensus is that without Duff and Slash, Axl is left without an oar in the water, and will continue to wander aimlessly? If that's the case, then I'll be content with the CDs the classic lineup left for us. I suppose they were doomed to collapse from the inside, as they had unstable leadership.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 20, 2008 03:25

Kinda reminds me of the, to be released, follow-up game "Duke Nukem 3D" lol.
[en.wikipedia.org]

totally outdated by now

Date: June 20, 2008 03:54

Ok, this is definitely a failed thread. My apologies.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 20, 2008 04:30

Their may actually be democracy in China before this is ever officially released.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 20, 2008 04:34

I'm sure it will come out when the gas-price gets back to 50 cents per gallon.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 20, 2008 04:41

what a disgrace of a person axl is, its just sickening, not a pro at all, same goes for slash and duff, they could have gone down as one of the best bands ever, but in the end they are not even on the same planet as the great ones

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 20, 2008 07:31

Hmmm.... Kinda like Primative Cool?!?!?!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 20, 2008 09:00

The saddest part of the whole GUNS AND ROSES circus is not what a total mess ROSE seems to be these days, or how disgustingly bad CHINESE DEMOCRACY sounds like it is from all reports.... no, the SADDEST part of this whole car crash mess is all the idiotic little fans that went and got a GIANT G & R Tattoo all across their upper backs or chest..... you say it's 120 degrees F. in the shade? Dude, I would STILL keep that T -shirt on.... it'll get a lot hotter when people start laughing at your tats if you take it off...... Some people NEVER learn....

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 20, 2008 10:36

haha Helter.

Well, the songs are easily downloadable from torrent sites... I love old G n'R, and those new songs totally suck, especially concerning the sound, electronic G n'R? Gimme a break. And I even like some of the electronic music, the thing is that these new songs sound like bad electronic pop...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 20, 2008 11:50

I always liked "Oh My God", that is a great 9 Inch Nails style songs. But the CD album sounded so old fashioned to. I t sounded like 70's Alice Cooper, but now with a drum machine.

Mathijs

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 20, 2008 12:37

Well, VELVET REVOLVER has lost it's singer (who went back to STONE TEMPLE PILOTS) SO...... if AXL had ANY sense it's time to pick up the old phone and get Slash and Duff on the line (but that would happen only IF Axl had any sense at all and we all know that story.....)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 22, 2008 03:26

Wow. Just listened to 3 'G'N'R' tunes and the only one that remotely sounds like Guns is the title track or whatever it is actually called, the words It don't really matter and that goofy effect on the guitar solo. The rest of that stuff, what, it's push button crap. I'd rather listen to Godess In The Doorway than any of that crap.

Damn. I'm thirsty. I think I'm gonna have me a Dr Pepper.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 22, 2008 03:38

just shows they were a flash in the pan

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 22, 2008 10:02

.... they were more than a flash in a pan here in los angeles.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 22, 2008 13:26

GNR was a great band once. Appetite For Destruction is great, though maybe a bit overrated.
I haven't heard any live stuff that I thought bettered the studio tracks from them. Maybe because Axl used every excuse he had to play macho and jump into the crowd to beat someone with a camera.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: June 22, 2008 14:14

Guns N' Roses without Slash is crap, but Velvet Revolver is crap too, if you ask me. They'll never get back together, unfortunately...

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: June 22, 2008 15:12

Seems almost impossible but, no Izzy, no new album of original material in 17 years now.

Date: June 22, 2008 16:47

I listened to Appetite recently and was shocked at how teenage it comes off. It has not aged well. Maybe certain songs have but as an album I think it's gotten worse.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 22, 2008 17:02

Make yourself a good mix of your favorite G'n'R songs (there are 10-15 good ones out there) and remember the good ol' days. The end began when Izzy left. Axl - what a self-destructive nut case.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 22, 2008 20:13

Has anyone actually heard these leaked songs?

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: June 23, 2008 01:24

I haven't, but would definitely like to.

Date: June 23, 2008 03:22

I've heard them and it's not bad. No, it's not high-hat city punk rock like Appetite but if you look at it as coming from Axl's personal music background and not Slash and the boys, "you'd know better". I also have to say that it sounds 100 times better through your headphones!!! The layering and thickness of the guitars is fantastic. It reminds me of the sound your stomach makes when hungry. The gargles and directions of your stomach acid. I am definitely interested...dare I say better than A bigger bang?

Date: June 23, 2008 04:46

Makes A Bigger Bang come off as Sticky Fingers or Let It Bleed to me. There are 3 leaks on youtube that I was able to find/listen to. Having heard enough music in my truck and then the same tunes through these computer speakers (they sound pretty good) then what I heard was very polished CRAP. Yeah, it sounded good. But 2 of the 3 tunes were not good tunes.

In fact, they don't even sound like Axl. It sounds like some other band - who I don't know. But it sure as hell does NOT sound like Guns'N'Roses.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 23, 2008 09:33

Who's Driving Your Plane?
I've heard them and it's not bad. No, it's not high-hat city punk rock like Appetite but if you look at it as coming from Axl's personal music background and not Slash and the boys, "you'd know better". I also have to say that it sounds 100 times better through your headphones!!! The layering and thickness of the guitars is fantastic. It reminds me of the sound your stomach makes when hungry. The gargles and directions of your stomach acid. I am definitely interested...dare I say better than A bigger bang?

I heard them too.
It ain't bad, but some of the songs do NOT sound like the GnR I lived a few years back.
There a some slow songs which are pretty nice, but sadly not a single real rocker. There is quite some electronic mishmash in many songs. Not bad, but not GnR-like.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 23, 2008 12:04

It's not totally bad, but compared to older GnR-stuff it's lame, boring and sounding too much "electronic". Over-produced. Some songs have some kind of "jazzy" feel, others sound like lame ballads from a lame MOR-Musical ("The Blues").

Imo, "Better" is the only really good song - like that one a lot!

Edit: I forgot to add: besides all the above mentioned electronica and bad songwriting, there is also a lot of very boring, pointless guitar playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-23 12:25 by Papo.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home