Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Reunion! Stones related! Link to interview...
Posted by: steviewags ()
Date: June 12, 2008 16:23

Hey folks!
FWIW
Rod Stewart gave an interview on a Philly Rock station this morning & he said that He, Ronnie Wood & Kenny Jones are meeting on July 3rd to talk about the Faces reunion! Right from the horses mouth. Pretty straight forward. If the Faces do tour will the Stones get Mick Taylor to play lead on next (?) tour?
I hope Woody comes to Philly with the Faces! I hope they do some Stones tunes too!
This looks like it will DEFINITELY happen.I hope this doesn't mess up plans for Stones tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-13 00:08 by steviewags.

Re: Reunion! Stones related!!
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 12, 2008 16:56

I really wonder what can come out from this... the Faces used to be a real excellent rock'n'roll band. But Stewart is not a rocker anymore
they have time, no Stones tour before a long time imo

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 12, 2008 17:07

Faces tour would be interesting, I guess, but it wouldn't affect the Stones in any way. I'd love MT to be back in the picture somehow, but there seems to be no interest in that from the Stones.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 12, 2008 17:14

If the Faces do tour will the Stones get Mick Taylor to play lead on next (?) tour?

--> No. All he well ever do is playing half-empty clubs - if he even shows up...No offense, that question just makes me angry.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 12, 2008 17:21

Lorenz
If the Faces do tour will the Stones get Mick Taylor to play lead on next (?) tour?

--> No. All he well ever do is playing half-empty clubs - if he even shows up...No offense, that question just makes me angry.

oh yes, "shadow man"

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 12, 2008 17:28

steviewags

Blondie Chaplin, surely?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 12, 2008 17:58

no way woody can handle the guitar chores alone in any proposed reunion...if it does happen - and that's a very unlikely happeing, imo - expect Mac's current guitarist to join the fray...he does a better woody than woody does these days...

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: June 12, 2008 19:30

The FACES unfortunately were never big in the States and I would guess if they do get together and tour, it will be a European tour.

Just my guess.

PECMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 12, 2008 19:34

so steviewags: did Rod say "reunion" as in a few gigs, or as in a full-fledged tour?
or was he not that specific? [preparing Faces Confetti to throw around between Stones tours!]

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: June 12, 2008 19:45

No way would RW do a Faces tour over a Stones gig. He would loose 10s of millions. Mac told me once Rod only mentions a Faces reunion when he has something to promote. As much as I would love a Faces tour, I don't see it happening.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 12, 2008 19:54

So what? Even if the Faces get together the most shows they'd do would be a month or 2 months MAX. This ain't like a 3-6 month tour. The Faces do their shows...and Ronnie can still hop on the Stones bus whenever Mick and Keith are ready. No biggie.

And this talk about Ronnie not being able to carry a tour. That's BS. If there's one thing I learned in this past tour it's that Ronnie was always great with the Stones. He just never had a window or space to shine. All the years that Keith played gloriously (in the past 20 years)...Ronnie has been missing. This last tour Keith hasn't played so hot...Ronnie carried the duties incredibly well.

Keith is a tough car to pass up on the highway of music. Keith constantly swerves in and out of solos and rhythm guitar playing that it's no wonder why Ronnie drove at a slow pace behind him. Ronnie got used to playing very little when Keith didn't give him any room. Ronnie got lazy because he was allowed to.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 12, 2008 19:57

fiftyamp
As much as I would love a Faces tour, I don't see it happening.

I'm betting against you...and I only do this when I'm sure to win...so...

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 12, 2008 20:36

Will the tour comprise of Rod, Ron, Ian Mclaughin and Kenny Jones? I would be interested in seeing it but are they promoting a new music?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 12, 2008 20:57

ronnie is a fulltime member of the stones anything other than the stones is a side project.ronnie was the M.V.P. of the a bigger bang tour.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: June 12, 2008 21:07

steviewags

lol

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 12, 2008 21:52

There's always been talk of a Faces reunion for many years now, although I think the main problem was Ron's Stones commitments. I remember when the Faces did a reunion appearance a few years back, they had Bill play bass! It would be awesome to see him play with the Faces!
Any reunion would probably consist of a quick tour of Europe and major North American cities.

Date: June 12, 2008 23:41

with sssoul
so steviewags: did Rod say "reunion" as in a few gigs, or as in a full-fledged tour?
or was he not that specific? [preparing Faces Confetti to throw around between Stones tours!]

I'm pretty sure Rod said they were meeting to talk about a Faces reunion. July 3rd. He said he thinks everyone will be up for it! He didn't say if it is gonna be a world tour or not. What songs do they do?
Anything good? Prolly throw some Stones stuff in the show just for us!!!

Date: June 12, 2008 23:42

Forgot to mention.
It was on 102.9
wmgk
wmgk.com
I dunno if they have the interview posted on the website or not......

Checked it out!!
They have the whole interview on audio.
Go to www DOT wmgk.com
Type in Rod Stewart interview in search box. Click on interview,
ENJOY!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-13 00:07 by steviewags.

Re: Reunion! Stones related! Link to interview...
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 00:52

I cannot see the Stones ever working with Mick Taylor again.

I CAN see Rod rocking again. Elvis Costello went from punk to pop, to jazz to classical Burt Bacherach (can't get farther than that from rock) and then came back with an album like Momofuku and the tour he is on now....which is amazing. Total energy on stage.

I can see Rod being able to do the same thing..expecially with Woody around.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 13, 2008 01:25

DGA35
I remember when the Faces did a reunion appearance a few years back, they had Bill play bass! It would be awesome to see him play with the Faces!

Really? When and where was this exactly?

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: June 13, 2008 01:30

I think it was in '93 at some award show

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 13, 2008 01:41

I wish all this crap about getting Mick Taylor back would stop. No point. The Stones don't want it. How would a devoted Ronnie Wood feel. By the way. He has been a devoted Rolling Stone than Bill Wyman was now by 2 years. I really don't think that Taylor even cares.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 13, 2008 02:23

Faces were the first live band I've seen in concert.
I'd probably travel for this one.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2008 12:22

>> I'm pretty sure Rod said they were meeting to talk about a Faces reunion. <<

thanks - "reunion" of course might not mean a full-fledged tour, but ... well, we'll see, won't we :E
and thanks for the link to the interview - here's a direct one (hope it works!): [www.wmgk.com]

ah - now that i'm listening to it, Rod does specifically state that the idea is a one-off gig
to see how it goes, and saving the tour plans for later.

ps as long as i'm here: of course it's a "between Stones tours" thing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-13 12:32 by with sssoul.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 13, 2008 13:30

I hope they bring enough bottles of wine to make a decision in favor of playing together again. It sounds to me like they are just chewing on the idea. Maybe saying this in an interview is just a way to see how the public reacts. In case they check on this site to find out:

YEAH!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 13, 2008 13:45

Several things indicate this will not happen on a big scale.
1) Rod can hardly sing any more. (I saw him live at a cancer benefit, and it was just sad)
2) Ronnie will always give first priority to the Stones. He's been in the band since 75, and the Stones are HIS band now.
3) Ronnie would never drop out of a Stones tour to tour with the Faces. He can't afford to. (Loans from Mick 'n Keef, downpayment from comming tours, remember)
4) When speaking of Taylor... That's another sad story. He's not fit to replace anyone. He doesn't always turn up on his gigs and he has serious weight problems and a problem with alcohol.

And the Stones will tour from Sept '09, and there's nothing the former Faces members can compete with or do anything about. Fortunately. Although I was a big fan at one time, I realise that there's no way a full reunion could take place. A handfull of shows might work, though.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 17:43

If Mick Taylor ever toured with the Stones again, it would give the band a PR boost they haven’t had in years. The Steel Wheel’s tour had the cache of – can you believe we’re going to see them one more time. The No Security tour had the arena angle. Even the Licks tour had the small, medium, and large gimmick. Taylor’s presence might only attract the hardcore faithful, but it would be an effort to “mix things up a bit.” Now whether or not he would be any good, or even in any condition to do a tour, is another question. If he could do it, I think it would be great. God knows they need the guitar help – Taylor probably needs the money – they need a fresh approach to a tour. Who knows it might even push Keef a bit. There probably isn’t a chance in hell it will happen, but who on this board wouldn’t be intrigued if it did?

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 19:46

Ronnie can go on the road . The Stones are going out for a while if ever. I agree with the guy who said it would just be a side project and I am sure if he did want to do it he would stipulate that it not interfere with a Stones Tour.
HE may be dumb but he isn't stupid.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 13, 2008 20:15

steviewags
Hey folks!
FWIW
Rod Stewart gave an interview on a Philly Rock station this morning & he said that He, Ronnie Wood & Kenny Jones are meeting on July 3rd to talk about the Faces reunion! Right from the horses mouth. Pretty straight forward. If the Faces do tour will the Stones get Mick Taylor to play lead on next (?) tour?
I hope Woody comes to Philly with the Faces! I hope they do some Stones tunes too!
This looks like it will DEFINITELY happen.I hope this doesn't mess up plans for Stones tour.

What Stones tour?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 13, 2008 20:16

tippy2toes
Will the tour comprise of Rod, Ron, Ian Mclaughin and Kenny Jones? I would be interested in seeing it but are they promoting a new music?

No, but then neither do the Stones!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home